Confirmed: Itachi is strongest akatsuki member (SPOILERS)

#21Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 6/28/2013 12:57:05 AM
tobi confirmed this himself.

he tells sasuke that he was unable to lay a hand on konoha while itachi was alive.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#22Uzumaki98Posted 6/28/2013 9:17:20 AM
Kabuto blinded himself cause he knew he didn't need eyesight. Yes he was blind but Itachi didn't use Tsukuyomi, it was the forbidden jutsu: The Izanami. Therefore Itachi didn't use Tsukuyomi
#23deidara21Posted 6/28/2013 9:39:27 AM(edited)
Uzumaki98 posted...
Kabuto blinded himself cause he knew he didn't need eyesight. Yes he was blind but Itachi didn't use Tsukuyomi, it was the forbidden jutsu: The Izanami. Therefore Itachi didn't use Tsukuyomi

He still used a genjutsu to force Kabuto to end Edo Tensei. Either way he did it.
---
Lemmings- "Wanna go back to your place?" "Do you have any condoms?" "Haha Who needs condoms"
#24Uzumaki98Posted 6/28/2013 12:19:21 PM
Well you're right about Itachi using genjutsu on Kabuto but genjutsu on a blind man? A little off. The Izanami doesn't need eyesight to be used. So yea. Itachi used genjutsu. The Izanami works on the physical sense (contact) of you and your opponent. So it doesn't need eyesight. Itachi said it himself.

"Believe It!" - Naruto Uzumaki
#25deidara21Posted 6/28/2013 2:46:45 PM
Uzumaki98 posted...
Well you're right about Itachi using genjutsu on Kabuto but genjutsu on a blind man? A little off. The Izanami doesn't need eyesight to be used. So yea. Itachi used genjutsu. The Izanami works on the physical sense (contact) of you and your opponent. So it doesn't need eyesight. Itachi said it himself.

I'm talking about the genjutsu Itachi used on Kabuto so he could release Edo Tensei.
---
Lemmings- "Wanna go back to your place?" "Do you have any condoms?" "Haha Who needs condoms"
#26Uzumaki98Posted 6/28/2013 9:24:36 PM
Exactly. It's the Izanami. Itachi used it on Kabuto in Volume 61 (English) at the end of Chapter 587 (English) of Naruto and at the end of the volume and chapter, Kabuto says, and I quote, "I shall now stop the EdoTensei Jutsu".

#27DinozorePosted 6/30/2013 1:47:03 AM
flamingblaziken posted...
Tobi's not exactly a one-trick pony. His one-trick is amazingly useful against anyone not named Kakashi, after all, and he also has a bunch of other techniques that he could use. So, calling him weak just because his signature technique Kamui is useless against a grand total of one person (Kakashi) is kind of wrong. That would be like saying Tsukuyomi is useless just because it can't work on a blind person.
That said, I do agree that Itachi is the strongest Akatsuki member, though, sans maybe Nagato.

Tobi's trick is basically useless against anyone smart enough to figure it out. He lost to Konan (except lol izanagi because we can't have a mere woman accomplish something in this manga, amirite), he would have lost to Minato if he hadn't fled, etc.
---
I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you... ~DuneMan