Would you want Sasuke to have something like this? (spoilers)

#11Shadows_Of_FallPosted 7/21/2013 9:45:04 PM
I doubt he will but GOD I would love that. SO DAMN COOL. Well...minus the purple flame sphere. That was the energy prior to "unlocking amaterasu for susano'o". But I love the KCM/CMS2 inspiration it has. Would be the perfect foil to Naruto. And I usually really dislike those kinds of things. But hot damn that's good. Sadly I can't see it happening. Susano'o seems to be getting bigger with perfect susano'o on the way.
---
Top 10 games in no order: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Disgaea 1-4, Bordlerlands 2, Tales of Vesperia & Xillia, Minceraft, Guns of Icarus: Online
#12Gobstoppers12Posted 7/21/2013 11:29:34 PM
Shadows_Of_Fall posted...
I doubt he will but GOD I would love that. SO DAMN COOL. Well...minus the purple flame sphere. That was the energy prior to "unlocking amaterasu for susano'o". But I love the KCM/CMS2 inspiration it has. Would be the perfect foil to Naruto. And I usually really dislike those kinds of things. But hot damn that's good. Sadly I can't see it happening. Susano'o seems to be getting bigger with perfect susano'o on the way.

Maybe the size of Madara's Perfect Susano'o is just to give us a glimpse of how powerful Madara is in general. In a lot of manga, powerful enemies are often huge enemies...to start with. Naruto has this example of all of the tailed beasts becoming far more powerful when paired with a jinchuriki because of their increased focus and intelligence.

When big things become condensed into humanoid form (Juubito) in anime, they're traditionally stronger even than their larger form. Perhaps not overall, as their mass adds a great deal of weight, but when something is condensed it becomes faster and more capable of moving precisely.

I think the Perfect Susano'o and Madara's Kyuubi Susano'o armor are foreshadowing for Sasuke combining the two ideas into a human-sized Susano'o cloak. The Amaterasu sword lends more evidence to that idea.
---
If I were a woman, I would spend my entire day kissing other women. I don't understand gay men or straight women.-- Jim, The Newsroom
#13Chojuro7SwordPosted 7/21/2013 11:50:36 PM
Gobstoppers12 posted...
Chojuro7Sword posted...

He's not "miniaturizing" Amaterasu. It's not Amaterasu is supposed to be some big giant death ball. It doesn't have a definitive size. They're just flames. He manipulates them with Blase Release.

Maybe miniaturizing is the wrong word, but the point is, he's displaying remarkable control over his EMS powers. Isn't Amaterasu one of the components of unlocking Susano'o? It stands to reason that because of Sasuke's power with Amaterasu, it might translate into exceptional Susano'o control as well, even enough to reach this level of focus and concentration.

Yea, I believe miniaturizing is the wrong word lol. You could just say manipulating. But, yes, Amaterasu is one of the 2 required skills to unlock Susano'o. However, if you say that Sasuke could have exceptional use with his Susano'o because of his skill with Amaterasu (far superior to Itachi's), you would have to apply the same logic to Itachi. Itachi is a master of Tsukuyomi (far superior to Sasuke). It's safe to say that Itachi is as good with Tsukuyomi as Sasuke is with Amaterasu, if not, better.

So yea, to say that Sasuke's success with Amaterasu could translate to superb control with Susano'o wouldn't be fair if the same logic wasn't applied to Itachi.
#14Gobstoppers12Posted 7/22/2013 1:23:48 AM
Chojuro7Sword posted...
Gobstoppers12 posted...
Chojuro7Sword posted...

He's not "miniaturizing" Amaterasu. It's not Amaterasu is supposed to be some big giant death ball. It doesn't have a definitive size. They're just flames. He manipulates them with Blase Release.

Maybe miniaturizing is the wrong word, but the point is, he's displaying remarkable control over his EMS powers. Isn't Amaterasu one of the components of unlocking Susano'o? It stands to reason that because of Sasuke's power with Amaterasu, it might translate into exceptional Susano'o control as well, even enough to reach this level of focus and concentration.

Yea, I believe miniaturizing is the wrong word lol. You could just say manipulating. But, yes, Amaterasu is one of the 2 required skills to unlock Susano'o. However, if you say that Sasuke could have exceptional use with his Susano'o because of his skill with Amaterasu (far superior to Itachi's), you would have to apply the same logic to Itachi. Itachi is a master of Tsukuyomi (far superior to Sasuke). It's safe to say that Itachi is as good with Tsukuyomi as Sasuke is with Amaterasu, if not, better.

So yea, to say that Sasuke's success with Amaterasu could translate to superb control with Susano'o wouldn't be fair if the same logic wasn't applied to Itachi.

And therein lies the progression of it...Sasuke has Itachi's eyes, now. There's remnants of Itachi's chakra left in those eyes. While his Tsukuyomi may not be perfect (Sasuke's) the lingering presence of his older brother could even play a part in Sasuke's potential Susano'o mastery. That could even explain why Madara doesn't have a similar ability, because Itachi and Sasuke are each individual prodigies of a further generation that still have his DNA in them.

One of the major themes of Naruto is that the younger generation will surpass the elders. Sasuke will surpass Madara, and I think a form like this is how he will do it.
---
If I were a woman, I would spend my entire day kissing other women. I don't understand gay men or straight women.-- Jim, The Newsroom
#15Chojuro7SwordPosted 7/22/2013 1:41:40 AM
Gobstoppers12 posted...
Chojuro7Sword posted...
Gobstoppers12 posted...
Chojuro7Sword posted...

And therein lies the progression of it...Sasuke has Itachi's eyes, now. There's remnants of Itachi's chakra left in those eyes. While his Tsukuyomi may not be perfect (Sasuke's) the lingering presence of his older brother could even play a part in Sasuke's potential Susano'o mastery. That could even explain why Madara doesn't have a similar ability, because Itachi and Sasuke are each individual prodigies of a further generation that still have his DNA in them.

One of the major themes of Naruto is that the younger generation will surpass the elders. Sasuke will surpass Madara, and I think a form like this is how he will do it.

I'm not against Sasuke gaining a Susano'o form like this. In a previous post I had stated how I already had a similar idea. And yes, each generation surpassing the previous is a well known fact.

It's just your premise. I just don't think that, in any way, Itachi will have anything to do with the progression of Sasuke's Susano'o. Other than EMS & the other benefits we're aware of, I don't think Itachi will contribute in any other ways.

That's just me though.
#16Gobstoppers12Posted 7/22/2013 1:49:56 AM
Chojuro7Sword posted...
I'm not against Sasuke gaining a Susano'o form like this. In a previous post I had stated how I already had a similar idea. And yes, each generation surpassing the previous is a well known fact.

It's just your premise. I just don't think that, in any way, Itachi will have anything to do with the progression of Sasuke's Susano'o. Other than EMS & the other benefits we're aware of, I don't think Itachi will contribute in any other ways.

That's just me though.

Well that's not the -only- way it could happen, it's just the way I think would make the most sense. Did we ever learn what was on the scroll that Suigetsu found? Maybe it's got something to do with it...unless of course the scroll had something to do with undoing the seal on the kages, but I don't think that was it.

Anyway, there are a number of possibilities, and it might just be my inner Itachi fanboy that says it will have something to do with him. It could just be Sasuke on his own getting better with the other half of his Susano'o.
---
#17Chojuro7SwordPosted 7/22/2013 1:58:29 AM
Gobstoppers12 posted...
Chojuro7Sword posted...

That's just me though.

Well that's not the -only- way it could happen, it's just the way I think would make the most sense. Did we ever learn what was on the scroll that Suigetsu found? Maybe it's got something to do with it...unless of course the scroll had something to do with undoing the seal on the kages, but I don't think that was it.

Anyway, there are a number of possibilities, and it might just be my inner Itachi fanboy that says it will have something to do with him. It could just be Sasuke on his own getting better with the other half of his Susano'o.

I don't think it had anything to do with the Kage's either, but since it was found in Orochimaru's lair, I don't think it'd have anything to do with Susano'o either. Then again, Suigetsu did say it'd be beneficial to Sasuke. Not beneficial to the war, but to Sasuke...which could lead to winning the war. Who knows. lol

However, I'm willing to bet that if he gained a form like that, it'd be through something like the power of friendship, conquering some sort of emotion, or the manifestation of hatred (or something) if Sasuke decides to go evil again (which, depending on how you interpret that one part of the last chapter, it could've been hinted at).
#18Gobstoppers12Posted 7/22/2013 2:10:08 AM
Chojuro7Sword posted...
Gobstoppers12 posted...
Chojuro7Sword posted...

That's just me though.

I don't think it had anything to do with the Kage's either, but since it was found in Orochimaru's lair, I don't think it'd have anything to do with Susano'o either. Then again, Suigetsu did say it'd be beneficial to Sasuke. Not beneficial to the war, but to Sasuke...which could lead to winning the war. Who knows. lol

However, I'm willing to bet that if he gained a form like that, it'd be through something like the power of friendship, conquering some sort of emotion, or the manifestation of hatred (or something) if Sasuke decides to go evil again (which, depending on how you interpret that one part of the last chapter, it could've been hinted at).

Don't be so sure that it wouldn't pertain to Susano'o! Orochimaru had a serious obsession with the Sharingan, and by virtue of that would probably do a great deal of research into the powers one can unlock with it. He knew of Itachi and his Mangekyo, after all, and part of his desire for the Sharingan came from his time working with Itachi and seeing how overpowered the Uchiha could be. We'll have to see how things go, but I'm rooting on Sasuke becoming good and working together with Naruto in some way for like a...Rasengan-Chidori hybrid with both of them in their ultimate forms.

Right now, Sasuke's Susano'o makes him about equal with Naruto's KCM, but Naruto will get the other half of the Kyuubi chakra from Minato and Sasuke will need some kind of remarkable advancement to match that.
---
#19Chojuro7SwordPosted 7/22/2013 2:29:24 AM
Gobstoppers12 posted...
Chojuro7Sword posted...
Gobstoppers12 posted...
Chojuro7Sword posted...

That's just me though.

Don't be so sure that it wouldn't pertain to Susano'o! Orochimaru had a serious obsession with the Sharingan, and by virtue of that would probably do a great deal of research into the powers one can unlock with it. He knew of Itachi and his Mangekyo, after all, and part of his desire for the Sharingan came from his time working with Itachi and seeing how overpowered the Uchiha could be. We'll have to see how things go, but I'm rooting on Sasuke becoming good and working together with Naruto in some way for like a...Rasengan-Chidori hybrid with both of them in their ultimate forms.

Right now, Sasuke's Susano'o makes him about equal with Naruto's KCM, but Naruto will get the other half of the Kyuubi chakra from Minato and Sasuke will need some kind of remarkable advancement to match that.

Yea, based off of what Suigetsu said, that's definitely a strong possibility. The more you think about, the more it makes sense. I want Sasuke to become good as well & knowing Kishi, the Rasendori is bound to happen. lol It's the very definition of the Naruto manga.

I thought about Naruto & Sasuke's comparison also when Minato had said that he had a gift for Naruto. I had assumed it'd be the Yin half of Kurama's chakra & as of now, it's seems obvious that it is. That led me to believe that Kishi will give Sasuke some sort of power-up to put them back at equal footing. He's been dong it the whole manga.

With that being said, if Naruto gets the Yin half of the Chakra, he should be able to fully transform into Kurama. Do you think that's what he'll do or do you think he'll use it to where he just has a different - more powerful cloak form?

Based off of what we've seen so far, it would seem that the reason Naruto even has a cloak form is because he only has Kurama's Yang chakra; which again, is the reason he can't full transform.
#20shogunreaperPosted 7/22/2013 5:06:26 AM
seems pointless, the bones worked just fine for that purpose.