Shouldn't we blame Bandai Namco instead of CC2?

#11LeJonGriffPosted 8/16/2013 9:25:31 PM
I'm saying people set their expectations too high when it comes to CC2. Their Dev team, the part that matters when it comes to these games, arent really big compared to other developers. They didn't have final say in what ships out to us, so I don't see why they receive much hate. Namco gives them money, and a deadline.sometimes they get help. If they don't like the product, then they refuse to accept it, push back the release date, and let CC2 know who's in charge. They did nothing. It's apparent Namco liked the poo that was storm 3. CC2 admit they didn't get to finish the game, but Namco was totally content with what the final product was. I don't see any reason to ignore Namco, and hate CC2, or say "lol what?".
---
No matter what... Within my heart, Mr. Ando will always be a penguin. Humans don't say "peng peng".
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iqzt3T4R38c
#12MEGAzePosted 8/16/2013 9:31:34 PM
LeJonGriff posted...
I'm saying people set their expectations too high when it comes to CC2. Their Dev team, the part that matters when it comes to these games, arent really big compared to other developers. They didn't have final say in what ships out to us, so I don't see why they receive much hate. Namco gives them money, and a deadline.sometimes they get help. If they don't like the product, then they refuse to accept it, push back the release date, and let CC2 know who's in charge. They did nothing. It's apparent Namco liked the poo that was storm 3. CC2 admit they didn't get to finish the game, but Namco was totally content with what the final product was. I don't see any reason to ignore Namco, and hate CC2, or say "lol what?".

So, why did CC2 leave it in such a poor state if their deadline wasn't absolutely up? Why did they remove the content in the first place before having it reviewed by Bandai? Why didn't they add respectable DLC that could've been added content? Too much pointless fawning over a lameass company, if you ask me.
---
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9413703/1/Naruto-PTS
Please review/flame/troll...idc
#13LeJonGriffPosted 8/16/2013 10:00:52 PM
So, why did CC2 leave it in such a poor state if their deadline wasn't absolutely up?

They never got to finish the game, CC2 stated there wqs still more they needed to add. Their deadline was obviously up. Namco was content with the incomplete game. Had Namco not liked it, they'd extend the deadline, and push back the release date.

Why did they remove the content in the first place before having it reviewed by Bandai?

Cant answer that one. Although I find it more excusable to have a product with little content than to have a product with incomplete content. Although CC2 had an incomplete product which was also lacking. No excuse there. Although Namco seemed to be fine with that.

Why didn't they add respectable DLC that could've been added content?

They already stated they couldn't give us DLC. We're lucky we're getting Full Burst. You do realize that they had to redo the coding to make this possible. New coding gives them no excuse for lack of good dlc though. Although the new coding has yet to be put in effect, so we can't say much yet.

Too much pointless fawning over a lameass company, if you ask me.

Too much pointless whining over an overhated company if you ask me.

Give them time and money, and we get better quality titles. They've proved that with Storm 1, .Hack//Versus, and I can imagine JoJo's will be a good example too. My point is, stop complaining about a developer, when the publishers are at fault too. If you're gonna hate, hate every aspect. Don't sit on the fence. Namco isn't innocent. I'm not directing this toward anyone in specific. This is just good timing to say what needs to be said.
---
No matter what... Within my heart, Mr. Ando will always be a penguin. Humans don't say "peng peng".
#14MEGAzePosted 8/16/2013 10:06:22 PM
This is the only one I'm responding to:

"They already stated they couldn't give us DLC. We're lucky we're getting Full Burst. You do realize that they had to redo the coding to make this possible. New coding gives them no excuse for lack of good dlc though. Although the new coding has yet to be put in effect, so we can't say much yet."

I'm talking about patches to add in the features and things they intentionally left out/removed. This is possible. All patches require recoding.

My first and second points go together. Even if the deadline was up, they still removed content that could've been left in. That's not the publisher's problem. And if it wasn't...well, above....
---
#15LeJonGriffPosted 8/16/2013 10:26:36 PM
Once again, the game was designed so that if they wanted to patch in something, they'd have to recode the entire game... guess what? That's exactly what they're doing. Recoding everything thanks to full burst. Once Full Burst launches, they then have the option to complete the game via patches, like you said. Full Burst hasn't launched yet. The coding as of now is still the same, so patches are impossible. Once Full Burst launches, then you can ask things like "why not fix "X" with patches", because it will actually be possible. As of now, though, it is impossible. They're not obligated to do so either. Namco released the game, saying whatever, it's complete to us. It's not like CC2 can add stuff without Namcos "Okay go" or money.
---
#16MEGAzePosted 8/16/2013 10:30:30 PM
LeJonGriff posted...
Once again, the game was designed so that if they wanted to patch in something, they'd have to recode the entire game... guess what? That's exactly what they're doing. Recoding everything thanks to full burst. Once Full Burst launches, they then have the option to complete the game via patches, like you said. Full Burst hasn't launched yet. The coding as of now is still the same, so patches are impossible. Once Full Burst launches, then you can ask things like "why not fix "X" with patches", because it will actually be possible. As of now, though, it is impossible. They're not obligated to do so either. Namco released the game, saying whatever, it's complete to us. It's not like CC2 can add stuff without Namcos "Okay go" or money.

Are you talking game mechanics? Because fixing the biggest issues in this game (TUJ glitch, invincibility frames) should not have taken months...and that's assuming Full Burst will even fix these issues. Going by how bad the games have progressively gotten, I have no faith in Full Burst. You can, but it's unfounded; and, really, there's no argument in supporting it.

"Once Full Burst launches, they then have the option to complete the game via patches, like you said. Full Burst hasn't launched yet. The coding as of now is still the same, so patches are impossible."

This makes no sense. Like, at all.

"They're not obligated to do so either. Namco released the game, saying whatever, it's complete to us. It's not like CC2 can add stuff without Namcos "Okay go" or money."

...what.x
---
#17LeJonGriffPosted 8/16/2013 10:56:03 PM
MEGAze posted...
LeJonGriff posted...

Are you talking game mechanics? Because fixing the biggest issues in this game (TUJ glitch, invincibility frames) should not have taken months...and that's assuming Full Burst will even fix these issues. Going by how bad the games have progressively gotten, I have no faith in Full Burst. You can, but it's unfounded; and, really, there's no argument in supporting it.

"Once Full Burst launches, they then have the option to complete the game via patches, like you said. Full Burst hasn't launched yet. The coding as of now is still the same, so patches are impossible."

"They're not obligated to do so either. Namco released the game, saying whatever, it's complete to us. It's not like CC2 can add stuff without Namcos "Okay go" or money."

...what.x

My goodness this is so annoying. I hate clarifying myself. I thought I was clear. Please read what I'm about to say carefully. I've found myself being very repetitive.

This game is unpatachable. They can't fix anything at all or change anything at all because the coding won't allow them to do so. The coding is stupid, and is not for change. The only way to fix these problems is to recode the entire game, which is exactly what they're doing. With Full Burst they are recoding the game. Full Burst hasn't launched yet, so Storm 3s coding is exactly the same as it was when it first came out, so they can't fix anything. Once Full Burst launches, the new coding will be implemented which gives them the possibility to fix everything (although I doubt they will). You can fairly criticize them after Full Burst launches because they'll be out of excuses as to why the game is broken. It'll have new coding, and be fixable. That's when it's fair to criticize them.

CC2 doesn't have to fix this game. They aren't obligated to because they need the time and money. They are also unallowed to do something, unless Namco Bandai says they can, and gives them the resources to do it. ie. You can't get work done unless your boss gives you a job to do, and the resources to do it. If you try and clear a deal without your bosses consent, good luck keeping the job.
---
#18MEGAzePosted 8/16/2013 11:22:39 PM
LeJonGriff posted...
MEGAze posted...
LeJonGriff posted...

...what.x

My goodness this is so annoying. I hate clarifying myself. I thought I was clear. Please read what I'm about to say carefully. I've found myself being very repetitive.

This game is unpatachable. They can't fix anything at all or change anything at all because the coding won't allow them to do so. The coding is stupid, and is not for change. The only way to fix these problems is to recode the entire game, which is exactly what they're doing. With Full Burst they are recoding the game. Full Burst hasn't launched yet, so Storm 3s coding is exactly the same as it was when it first came out, so they can't fix anything. Once Full Burst launches, the new coding will be implemented which gives them the possibility to fix everything (although I doubt they will). You can fairly criticize them after Full Burst launches because they'll be out of excuses as to why the game is broken. It'll have new coding, and be fixable. That's when it's fair to criticize them.

CC2 doesn't have to fix this game. They aren't obligated to because they need the time and money. They are also unallowed to do something, unless Namco Bandai says they can, and gives them the resources to do it. ie. You can't get work done unless your boss gives you a job to do, and the resources to do it. If you try and clear a deal without your bosses consent, good luck keeping the job.

In all seriousness, I don't think you know what a patch is, nor what debugging is. But to play along, why is this game "uncodable"? And what differences are being implemented in Full Burst to make it "codeable" and "fixable"?

Okay, so they don't have to fix Storm 3. This is why we hate/dislike them.

Patching a broken product = "clearing a deal"? All that can do is increase sales....

And do you know how cheap it would be to fix the aforementioned glitches in this game? Like, "one week" cheap.
---
#19LeJonGriffPosted 8/16/2013 11:34:24 PM
I don't know everything, but I've read everything concerning this game. CC2 already said they can't update the game. They also said they couldn't give dlc other than costumes. Both involved the coding prevented them from doing so. I know what a patch is, but it would require an update. CC2 said they couldn't update anything because of the faulty coding. The game version I'm playing right now is no different than the version I played at launch.

Clearing a deal related to the project you're working on = patch/dlc.

You need your bosses consent regardless of the outcome. Not only that, but you aren't gonna do any work using money or resources out of your own pocket. Like most things involving work you have your boss provide you with the necessary resources... that's after they give you the "okay". You wanna hate CC2? Fine, cool! Just remember Namco Bandai isn't innocent. They deserve just as much criticism as CC2. A crap product is released. Who is more at fault? The person who put it together? Or the person who hired them, accepted the product, doesn't seem to care about its flaws, and pushed it into the public?
---
#20CornerCheckPosted 8/17/2013 4:23:39 AM
LeJonGriff posted...
I don't know everything, but I've read everything concerning this game. CC2 already said they can't update the game. They also said they couldn't give dlc other than costumes. Both involved the coding prevented them from doing so. I know what a patch is, but it would require an update. CC2 said they couldn't update anything because of the faulty coding. The game version I'm playing right now is no different than the version I played at launch.

Clearing a deal related to the project you're working on = patch/dlc.

You need your bosses consent regardless of the outcome. Not only that, but you aren't gonna do any work using money or resources out of your own pocket. Like most things involving work you have your boss provide you with the necessary resources... that's after they give you the "okay". You wanna hate CC2? Fine, cool! Just remember Namco Bandai isn't innocent. They deserve just as much criticism as CC2. A crap product is released. Who is more at fault? The person who put it together? Or the person who hired them, accepted the product, doesn't seem to care about its flaws, and pushed it into the public?

There's no such thing as code preventing itself from being changed or add features unless there's an external third party software program that encrypts the entire said code (in this case the entire game) from being accessed. In that case, it's still not what you described. Please stop talking about stuff you have no idea off, you should just leave it to them not having funds to make updates/DLCs/etc or the guys high in the hierarchy plan didn't want to add those things.

P.S. For those waiting to tell me about OOP and user access, don't bother since that's why I added the hierarchy plan above.