How far in the series should I watch before playing this game?

#1UnblessedFiendPosted 10/26/2013 3:05:07 PM
Im assuming this game will have spoilers for the series, I have seen all of Naruto but none of shippuden, how much should i watch before the game wont be spoiling the series for me?

Thank you.
#2Sierra-G719Posted 10/26/2013 3:07:02 PM
Up to the current point in the Anime. But it you shouldn't be worried. Game's got a non canon ending anyway.
---
This is my sig. There are many others like this, but this one is mine.
#3zorax_powerPosted 10/26/2013 3:14:26 PM
Playing NUNS3 for the story.
---
GT: King Brick Fist
#4Cosmo89Posted 10/26/2013 3:26:40 PM
Ugh watching the anime... All those flashbacks and fillers..
---
Kisame Hoshigaki x Danzo Shimura Ultimate Tag Team
Ultimate Ninjutsu: Sharknado
#5DiogoShadowJorgPosted 10/27/2013 12:44:08 AM
Cosmo89 posted...
Ugh watching the anime... All those flashbacks and fillers..

Easy.Skip them.

Why complain when you can skip them?
---
DiogoShadowJorg,the official Snow Villiers of the gamefaq boards
#6UnblessedFiend(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 8:48:47 AM
I know what you mean by filler though. I watched the first ten episodes last night and very little has happened.
The games first mission (the prologue) actually showed stuff I hadnt seen at all.

Brings me back to the classic Dragon Ball Z joke.

Q: How many Super Saiyans does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: One, but it takes 14 episodes.
#7SuperVegito2487Posted 10/27/2013 10:21:03 AM
UnblessedFiend posted...
I know what you mean by filler though. I watched the first ten episodes last night and very little has happened.
The games first mission (the prologue) actually showed stuff I hadnt seen at all.

Brings me back to the classic Dragon Ball Z joke.

Q: How many Super Saiyans does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: One, but it takes 14 episodes.

which aint even the original version...
but that one is a joke between goku and king kai.

nonetheless dbzs excuse seems more valid than narutos..

dbzs is that the anime was about to overtake the manga, hell during the latter parts of db from what ive read it actually DID overtake it by a little margin.

AND anime in japan doesnt get shown on tv more than once so fillers are necessary to keep the timeslot.

but in this case theres 2 problems with naruto...
1, the manga is WAAAAAY further ahead than the anime so the last few theres been hasnt been necessary.

2, the fillers are small one episode fillers AKA BAD fillers... the filler ARCS are generally treated well.

think about it, which 2 fillers are hated the most? well from where im standing its the one between Pain and Kage summit, AND the one between summit and jinchuriki confinement..

although the random throw ins during the war are annoying as well.

why not give the fans the fillers they want.

1st, kushina filler
2nd, jinchuriki filler, espicially Fu and Han which werent revealed until the war.

nonetheless dbz used prolonged fights to avoid the issue.. naruto is using skippable fillers.. although its also using prolonged fights a bit.. which is why the jinchuriki battle is one of my favorite episodes because it covered atleast 3 chapters in 10 minutes..

but if you want to avoid fillers then read the manga, but the games do explain the situations pretty well, so what you NEED to either read watch or play in order to play storm 3 is stuff that covers up til sage naruto vs Pain.
---
Adam Savage: LET'S PILLAGE
Tory Bellici: I don't think that's legal in California
#8stretch126Posted 10/27/2013 1:54:31 PM
If you havent seen ANY of shippuden just play the game, watching all those episodes would be time consuming as hell
#9Retro_JunkyPosted 10/27/2013 3:27:53 PM
UnblessedFiend posted...
Im assuming this game will have spoilers for the series, I have seen all of Naruto but none of shippuden, how much should i watch before the game wont be spoiling the series for me?

Thank you.

Forget what they are saying!!
Play the game because they have change some of the things you will see in the anime.
but if you what to watch the anime you better have a lot of time, because they are 334 episodes including OVAs aka Fillers - Uhmm but you can skip them but sometimes those fillers intertwines with the actual story line from the manga if if you go to Wikipedia and search for naruto anime it will give you on the very bottom the list of the anime with sagas or arcs and you can spot the OVAs/Fillers very easy....I hope this helps.
#10Simon_PetrikovPosted 10/27/2013 3:32:55 PM
OVAs aka Fillers

These aren't the same thing.
---
~The (N)ice King~
http://i.imgur.com/V0NMmmo.png