So I haven't played since Storm 2, I need tips and general info ;>_>

#1yoshinator112Posted 12/25/2013 4:02:35 PM(edited)
So yeah, I was talking to a buddy of mine about this game and I heard that they got rid of turtling and substitution spam no jutsu, so I really want this game because those are the reasons I stopped playing Storm 2.

Basically I'm just wondering if there are any other major or minor differences in the gameplay aspect, and looking for tips. Also, do Sasori, Itachi, Kakashi, and Ino still play the same, by the way?

EDIT: Also, what characters are most viable competitively? In other words, who are the top characters?
---
lI|PSN|Il Muramusa723
Men are equal; it is not birth but virtue that makes the difference. - Voltaire
#2yoshinator112(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2013 9:51:26 PM
Yeesh, I got a faster/more replies on a topic I made on the Lost Planet 2 Boards a couple months ago, and I bet almost none of you here have ever even heard of it before. I got more, faster replies on the dead board of a 3.5 year old almost dead game than I have so far on the Storm 3 board, which is a relatively new and somewhat popular game.
:/
---
lI|PSN|Il Muramusa723
Men are equal; it is not birth but virtue that makes the difference. - Voltaire
#3stretch126Posted 12/26/2013 10:29:38 PM
yeah sorry man, Storm: Revolution board is the new Naruto game so i think the majority of people are on those boards. Some people bounce in between though, but honestly theres no much to discuss about this game anymore.

Oh sorry that i have had no useful info about your question, but core gameplay is somewhat the same with tweaks such as Cancels and Tilt moves.

Try posting on Storm Revolution board maybe youll get faster replies from the others.
#4CyberStrikerXPosted 12/26/2013 11:29:07 PM
yoshinator112 posted...
So yeah, I was talking to a buddy of mine about this game and I heard that they got rid of turtling and substitution spam no jutsu, so I really want this game because those are the reasons I stopped playing Storm 2.

Basically I'm just wondering if there are any other major or minor differences in the gameplay aspect, and looking for tips. Also, do Sasori, Itachi, Kakashi, and Ino still play the same, by the way?

EDIT: Also, what characters are most viable competitively? In other words, who are the top characters?

turtling is still around [probably will never go away for this or all fighters] but has been dealt with due to weakened guard; can't really say much more about it since i don't really remember, though i think it ties in with the next point.

there is now a sub bar with 4 subs on it [also only one shoulder button subs, the other simply guards]. after all subs are gone [or you've even just used one] there is a cool down period of sort before they regen and are usable [the more used the longer it takes to fully regen, though that's probably due to needing to fill the bar rather then a combined wait time.]

gameplay changes that i remember are the chakra dash cancel which allow you to cancel your combo and start a new one or counter/attack a subbed opponent [so the problem of storm 2 with combos continuing and them sub/jutsu in the back are gone; mostly, it can still be done but isn't as easy]. also a BIG one is the Instant Awakening which allows various characters to pretty much use normal awakening powers when ever they want [doing so reduces their chakra bar length, but exiting returns it slowly to normal so there really isn't any down side to using it]

there is also the charged "team attack" but i don't think anyone really uses it [don't go online so i don't know].

the characters you listed play the same way [i don't remember sasori much] except that kakashi and itachi have 2 versions [kakashi's second version either gives him the double person lightning limbo pole thing he cut off a number of tailed beasts tails off with as a jutsu or an awakening action; i forgot]

itachi has a edo verion that is exactly the same as his normal version except he uses amatarasu for his jutsu (works the same way as his awakening version) and a new ultimate

online viable characters I'd say are usually the instant awakening characters [neji, new naruto and 5 kage naruto, somewhat kiba (after his double dash was removed i don't know anymore)] as well as kisame and kakuzu due to the big speed boost they got and madara due to the striking range from his susanno arms/swords. been a while since i read about this on the forums and i don't go online.

hopefully that was helpful.
---
Live and Learn
PSN: same as name
#5PhantomLaserPosted 12/27/2013 6:50:59 PM
Board General Consensus: This game sucks and is a waste of money. It full of rage and glitches; you'll have a better time on Gens. Don't waste your time.

Although I don't have this game, I can say that it does look fun with friends or people with the same mindset as you. Everything else has already been answered...so ya :p
---
Black 2 FC: 4986 4210 0637
www.youtube.com/ThePyrusBlader