What's the point of Shurikens?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Kinger1000

Kinger1000
2 years ago#1
They do so little damage and are kind of pointless since you can just block them. Only people like Deidara, Ten-Ten, or Temari can actually use them. Then Chakra Shurikens are entirely pointless. They do a little extra damage but you can block them just as easily. Some characters have a spinning Chakra shuriken which is decent but just a few characters have it for some reason.

If Chakra Shurikens could stop Chakra Dashes it'd be 10x more useful :/

User Info: PyroSpark

PyroSpark
2 years ago#2
To annoy your opponent pretty much. The only ones aside from one-button characters that are worth using, are demon wind shuriken users.
"The more you make people cry = the better player you are." - Eternux

User Info: ArmorWolfHeart

ArmorWolfHeart
2 years ago#3
They can stop an Awakening, a good amount of Ninjutsu during their startup, such as Kisame's Water Shark Bomb and most others, and just deal small amounts of damage if you're not in a good position.
For some players, they can jump in the middle of a combo anticipating a substitution and throw Shuriken to slow the opponent down before resetting the combo.
It's basically a spacing/interruption tool, but Demon Wind users like PTS Sasuke and KCM Naruto can make really good use of the Chakra Shuriken with their Instant Awakenings.
She has got me locked up tighter than I thought. She's a quick-licking pleasure sucker, hotter than a mother******.

User Info: Fenrir-Juubi

Fenrir-Juubi
2 years ago#4
Because, incredible as it looks, CC2 was developing a Naruto adaptation first and a fighting game in second. If players couldn't throw shurikens, would be a lot of fan revolt.
"I feel a red liquid filling my head like a cup in this moment.
It's called hate."

User Info: BadNewzBihh

BadNewzBihh
2 years ago#5
ArmorWolfHeart posted...
They can stop an Awakening, a good amount of Ninjutsu during their startup, such as Kisame's Water Shark Bomb and most others, and just deal small amounts of damage if you're not in a good position.
For some players, they can jump in the middle of a combo anticipating a substitution and throw Shuriken to slow the opponent down before resetting the combo.
It's basically a spacing/interruption tool, but Demon Wind users like PTS Sasuke and KCM Naruto can make really good use of the Chakra Shuriken with their Instant Awakenings.

I concur.

User Info: TG_Wolf

TG_Wolf
2 years ago#6
Shuriken are base tools in every Advanced Offense string, they interrupt attacks, allow you to suspend opponents midair longer and cancel moves that are otherwise un-cancellable.

Chakra Shuriken also have higher priority than ranged character's attacks so they can allow you to get closer while causing damage.
Official Madara Uchiha of all Existence: :Official Muu of Everything
Official Saberwulf of the KI Board [Furry and Proud of it ^_^] TMAFI :3

User Info: l-SP-l

l-SP-l
2 years ago#7
Shurikens Are Mainly A Way To Pressure Your Opponent Make Him Approach You Instead You Approaching Him .

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived