What's the point of Shurikens?

#1Kinger1000Posted 4/16/2014 6:17:14 AM
They do so little damage and are kind of pointless since you can just block them. Only people like Deidara, Ten-Ten, or Temari can actually use them. Then Chakra Shurikens are entirely pointless. They do a little extra damage but you can block them just as easily. Some characters have a spinning Chakra shuriken which is decent but just a few characters have it for some reason.

If Chakra Shurikens could stop Chakra Dashes it'd be 10x more useful :/
#2PyroSparkPosted 4/16/2014 11:29:37 AM
To annoy your opponent pretty much. The only ones aside from one-button characters that are worth using, are demon wind shuriken users.
---
"The more you make people cry = the better player you are." - Eternux
#3ArmorWolfHeartPosted 4/18/2014 7:07:15 AM
They can stop an Awakening, a good amount of Ninjutsu during their startup, such as Kisame's Water Shark Bomb and most others, and just deal small amounts of damage if you're not in a good position.
For some players, they can jump in the middle of a combo anticipating a substitution and throw Shuriken to slow the opponent down before resetting the combo.
It's basically a spacing/interruption tool, but Demon Wind users like PTS Sasuke and KCM Naruto can make really good use of the Chakra Shuriken with their Instant Awakenings.
---
She has got me locked up tighter than I thought. She's a quick-licking pleasure sucker, hotter than a mother******.
#4Fenrir-JuubiPosted 4/18/2014 6:03:59 PM
Because, incredible as it looks, CC2 was developing a Naruto adaptation first and a fighting game in second. If players couldn't throw shurikens, would be a lot of fan revolt.
---
"I feel a red liquid filling my head like a cup in this moment.
It's called hate."
#5BadNewzBihhPosted 5/12/2014 8:51:51 AM
ArmorWolfHeart posted...
They can stop an Awakening, a good amount of Ninjutsu during their startup, such as Kisame's Water Shark Bomb and most others, and just deal small amounts of damage if you're not in a good position.
For some players, they can jump in the middle of a combo anticipating a substitution and throw Shuriken to slow the opponent down before resetting the combo.
It's basically a spacing/interruption tool, but Demon Wind users like PTS Sasuke and KCM Naruto can make really good use of the Chakra Shuriken with their Instant Awakenings.

I concur.
#6TG_WolfPosted 5/17/2014 5:09:18 AM
Shuriken are base tools in every Advanced Offense string, they interrupt attacks, allow you to suspend opponents midair longer and cancel moves that are otherwise un-cancellable.

Chakra Shuriken also have higher priority than ranged character's attacks so they can allow you to get closer while causing damage.
---
Official Madara Uchiha of all Existence: :Official Muu of Everything
Official Saberwulf of the KI Board [Furry and Proud of it ^_^] TMAFI :3
#7l-SP-lPosted 6/7/2014 12:28:14 PM
Shurikens Are Mainly A Way To Pressure Your Opponent Make Him Approach You Instead You Approaching Him .