Not good at fighting games but

#1ModernFOXXPosted 7/15/2014 2:39:51 PM
I just started watching the anime 2 or 3 months ago (Im on shippuden episode 117 now) and i want to play this game and have fun. I just tried the Revolution demo today, and sort of got the hang of it. It doesnt seem like there are many combos in this game compared to the main fighting game like MK and SSF and that maybe this is just about attack timing. My question is could i have fun with this game, cuz its only 20 bucks at gamestop. I will be getting revolution as well. Im going to be watching some videos online as well about this game for tips and learning from others.
---
i7-4770K | EVGA SC GTX 780 3GB | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB | Asus Z87-Pro ATX | Corsair 650W | Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
#2winteriscommingPosted 7/15/2014 9:24:25 PM
Well i had it since day one and i still like it i recomend it, but dont play online unless you want competitive play because beleive me its dirty
---
Official "support only" character of the naruto boards.
#3ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 11:26:00 PM
oh i know online fighting games are b**** for noobs lol.... I just wanted to know how hard this game is to learn and understand fully.
---
i7-4770K | EVGA SC GTX 780 3GB | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB | Asus Z87-Pro ATX | Corsair 650W | Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
#4THEB0SS666Posted 7/16/2014 10:12:56 AM
This game is easy because its so simple in controls. You can get into to it easily but there aren't much options beyond the normal combat. Also if you wan't to play online keep up a good mindset and don't take it too seriously or you may end up like this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhOlIy-64A0&list=UU8Kej6ggmCuylPSEgCj9Obg
---
Moderators are filthy disgusting creatures.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGP5xXtXKL83rPyy8tT_W6g/videos
#5ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 1:17:22 PM(edited)
ok thank you and lol i watch that video after i post. Yea i noticed its not combo based and just strategic attack timing and avoiding with substitution. Maybe ot as challenging as other games, but still fun to me. only problem i have occurred as that i should finish shippuden before playing the story lol. I dont want it spoiled for me. Well i guess i'll watch some more naruto and then play this.

EDIT: Just watched that video and um.......wow. looking at the comments is even worse.... man thats a sad little man
---
#6SuperVegito2487Posted 7/16/2014 6:50:50 PM
ModernFOXX posted...
oh i know online fighting games are b**** for noobs lol.... I just wanted to know how hard this game is to learn and understand fully.

It should be friendly enough...

some of the later boss battles can really be ugly (Chomei/7 tails yeah im looking at ya flying f***** short story chomei (fu's awakening) was considered a pain in the ass in multiplayer... its also annoying in single player) but since ive never been good at tools... my tool set is a healing/chakra charging setup... and tc thats a HERO setup, not a LEGEND setup (certain things earn points in one or both areas but HERO setup has all the healing items)

Its a bit easier than revolution so far.

Just curious tc you watching sub or dub...

i mainly watch dub, but i also watch sub cause its further ahead... currently im following
Manga, Sub, and Dub... for a newcomer i would say watch dub as far as you can, which is around 250 now, then sub, and then read the manga... really recommends reading the manga whether or not you ignore the dub part.
---
L.J.Gibbs: Rule 42:
"Never accept an apology from someone who just sucker punched you."
#7SuperVegito2487Posted 7/16/2014 6:52:13 PM
And btw i dont play basic fighting games either, just dbz and naruto games... and i dont treat them as a fighting game firstly... only secondary after whatever name you would need to give them to symbolize the fact that they are based upon a manga/anime
---
#8ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 8:24:24 PM
watching the sub, the voice actors are just phenomenal so it really makes the show awesome. And havent read the manga. I just got into anime cuz i met some fellow gamers in the senior class last year i could talk games and stuff with, and they told me about a site i could watch dbz on cuz of nostalgia. (i dont use that site now, as i use naruto only site) I chose naruto tho because i loved it as a kid. Only made it to the chunin exams tho as far as i can remember. I want to finish it to play the game (well technically get fully caught up yet as it isnt done i heard thankfully) but i dont want it to end :(

oh and one aspect of these games i can NEVER get........is the items crap lol. Guess ill have to actually take some time and learn to use them but man i hate these things.

And isnt the show directly based off the manga tho? Not like a walking dead where its just loosely based? Because if it directly follows the manga, why read it? (Just curious no insult meant at all)
---
#9SuperVegito2487Posted 7/16/2014 9:32:23 PM
You dont HAVE to learn to use the items in storm 3... just do what i did take the hero route, and use healing items instead... has saved my ass quite a few times.

And no just like with dbz its based directly on the manga... the anime does have fillers but aside from that its exactly the same... and the manga is a good 60 chapters ahead... thats abit over a year its in the late 680ties vs chapter 627 which the anime should reach in a little while.

the dub isnt that bad, the voice actors sound very much like their counterparts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3iVKuA0Guo

be carefull with the video though before you reach chapter 600... there is a bit of a big spoiler in there, but it is also the best example for how good the dub voices actually are...
its Tobi's unmasked identity sub and dub.. as well as konohamaru, kushina, the reanimated kage, and shisui "the teleporter" uchiha

why read the manga?? for the same reason i, as a dub fan, watches sub.. its so much more ahead... the moons eye plan which you will soon know about is currently active, and an enemy using the byuakugan no less with powers that rival dbz chars is who the heroes are fighting.

that should be vague enough but if there is any spoilers i am sorry.
---
#10ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 11:32:41 PM
SuperVegito2487 posted...
You dont HAVE to learn to use the items in storm 3... just do what i did take the hero route, and use healing items instead... has saved my ass quite a few times.

And no just like with dbz its based directly on the manga... the anime does have fillers but aside from that its exactly the same... and the manga is a good 60 chapters ahead... thats abit over a year its in the late 680ties vs chapter 627 which the anime should reach in a little while.

the dub isnt that bad, the voice actors sound very much like their counterparts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3iVKuA0Guo

be carefull with the video though before you reach chapter 600... there is a bit of a big spoiler in there, but it is also the best example for how good the dub voices actually are...
its Tobi's unmasked identity sub and dub.. as well as konohamaru, kushina, the reanimated kage, and shisui "the teleporter" uchiha

why read the manga?? for the same reason i, as a dub fan, watches sub.. its so much more ahead... the moons eye plan which you will soon know about is currently active, and an enemy using the byuakugan no less with powers that rival dbz chars is who the heroes are fighting.

that should be vague enough but if there is any spoilers i am sorry.

oh my bad man..... i meant i watch the dub haha.... major typo there. I love the voice actors in this. I just got watching episode 135 of shippuden and im starting to get to a point where toby is revealing some of his power, by toying with naruto and the others and being "not scared" like he usually is. and man his character's voice is awesome! (and i mean his character is so obvious that he will be powerful later on lol) and about to watch itachi and sasuke go at it. and shed some tears over Jiraiya's death....

But i think im going to stick with the dub for now. I doubt i could watch the sub, and i like the visual eye candy of anime too much to try reading lol.

And yea in the game im fighting the masked man (before i quit to save myself from spoilers) and i forgot this game doesnt recover health so i only had my orange health bar left and its impossible to beat him like that. Just gonna buy items to heal with and nothing else so this is simple. Plus in online battles people never use items so thats good for me, knowing its one less thing to master against an elite online player.
---