General Tips

#1DashfrthefinishPosted 8/14/2014 10:01:35 PM
So I played storm 2 back in the day. I was pretty good at it, so I finally decided to pick this up. The mechanics (especially substitution) are very different.

What are some general strategies that can be utilized online? I played several matches against an opponent who would abuse minato's awakening ability as well as Guy's among other characters. I'd prefer not to just settle for playing one of these people and spamming like that all damn game.

Also, I mained mostly konan, kirin sasuke, and hinata in storm 2. Where do these characters sit as far as potential in this game? Also, I'm excited to play Mei. Is she respectable in this game? Her jutsu packs a lot of damage I noticed but it sure is slow.
#2winteriscommingPosted 8/24/2014 5:50:30 PM
Dont waste subs, if you only have one dont use it unless its nessesary i.e. low health,getting hit with ult ect.

One secret....everyone dashes right after they or you sub so when you do sub hold block, it they dash into you they will bounce off and stagger a little

Minato and guy are op....many (if not all) instant awakinig people can be

Your characters shouldn't be a problems they are pretty hard to fight

Mei is.....well i don't know in the right hands shes indestructable, namely when you have tsunade and sakura teammates because thier jutsus have a collum hitbox where if your way above them it still hits you
But her combos and tilt are god awful
---
Official "support only" character of the naruto boards.
#3Dashfrthefinish(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 11:13:44 AM
Thanks for the information. Yeah... I played a few more matches with her and I realized just how atrocious she is. Her grab hitbox, speed, and range are terrible. Tilt is very slow.

I noticed konan has an instant awakening. If you're under pressure, I suppose you can just pop that and run away haha.

I faced against both of guy and minato online. Personally, I think it was incredibly stupid for CC2 to give characters with instant awakenings L1/R1 abilities. Not sure what they were thinking on that one. On top of that, the teleports.

I'll try out the blocking tip. Is the stagger long enough to do something to them?
#4winteriscommingPosted 8/26/2014 6:09:18 PM
Dashfrthefinish posted...
Thanks for the information. Yeah... I played a few more matches with her and I realized just how atrocious she is. Her grab hitbox, speed, and range are terrible. Tilt is very slow.

I noticed konan has an instant awakening. If you're under pressure, I suppose you can just pop that and run away haha.

I faced against both of guy and minato online. Personally, I think it was incredibly stupid for CC2 to give characters with instant awakenings L1/R1 abilities. Not sure what they were thinking on that one. On top of that, the teleports.

I'll try out the blocking tip. Is the stagger long enough to do something to them?

yeah what most people do for konan(and the bane of my exsistance) is inst awakin and run away,as she is the fastest character when in awakining,and use jutsu and op supports

Guy is insta kill in awakining literally three hits breaks guard and half a combo kills you

As for the stagger, most characters can just start combos especially longer range characters like zabuza and madara, i think sasuke can just start. I use jiraiya(who is the slowest character) and block,stagger, then jump and demon wind shuruken to open up time

The main use of it is to not get your subs drained by chakra dash battles
---
Official "support only" character of the naruto boards.