So youve got some free time

#1Wallcrawler8878Posted 6/28/2013 9:37:47 PM
Anyone get this yet?

Its completing "Landed in Prison" without countering a single attack.

Seems freakin impossible with counter and evade being on the same button. Trying to evade Blockbuster's massive attacks always ends with me getting caught in a counter on one of the numerous enemies that are in the arena with you.

Apparently, if you use a counter and then restart the checkpoint, that is not good enough to get the achievement. I kept restarting the checkpoint after getting caught with a cheap counter, and when I finally was able to defeat Blockbuster without countering any attacks, I still didn't get the achievement.

This is basicly High Moon trolling the players.

Between the name of the Achievement itself, and the load screen tip that says Counter and Evade are on the same button, deal with it, this has to be true.

By far one of the most frustrating undertakings that Ive attempted.
#2Exorcist777Posted 6/29/2013 5:36:22 PM
From what I've read it's best to not use the button at all. I suppose it's pretty doable on easy. Haven't tried it yet.
---
3DS: Wimke7: 1805-2155-8611
PSN: Wimke7
#3ShuglerPosted 6/29/2013 8:46:13 PM
I just got this. Easiest way to do it is have Blockbuster hit a wall, then go right up to him and use flashbangs. They surprisingly work on him. Just keep him cornered and keep using them when he snaps out of it and you should get it in no time. Just forget about the teleport/counter button altogether for the level.
---
The genius of the hole: no matter how long you spend climbing out, you can still fall back down in an instant. - Max Payne
#4VamarPosted 6/29/2013 8:52:24 PM
Easy.

Use the upgraded hammer to easily kill enemies since it breaks their defense and save your flashbangs to use against Blockbuster. There's also an upgrade that will let you carry more grenades/flashbangs etc. which will make that even easier.

Oh, and play on Easy obviously.
#5Wallcrawler8878(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 4:17:11 AM
Vamar posted...
Easy.

Use the upgraded hammer to easily kill enemies since it breaks their defense and save your flashbangs to use against Blockbuster. There's also an upgrade that will let you carry more grenades/flashbangs etc. which will make that even easier.

Oh, and play on Easy obviously.

That's kind of aggravating that I need to go down to easy just to get this achievement, but its looking like Im not going to have much choice in the matter if I don't want to spend eternity trying to do it. Blockbuster's huge ground slam attack is stupid powerful on Veteran, I just don't see how you can do that fight without doing some evades.

Guess Im just going to have to keep grinding it a while longer. It wouldn't be such an issue if there weren't so many dudes clustered up at once around me when I needed to avoid Blockbuster's big attack. Its pretty much a guarantee that one of the guys around me is preparing an attack, and I always end up countering instead of just teleporting away.

Ive tried using the hammers to just obliterate everyone and then go after Blockbuster, but it seems the enemies are infinite, Im guessing to have a reliable source of flashbangs. Aside from that, the attacks are pretty slow, and it wont let you evade mid-attack, so a lot of times I end up getting crushed by his flying attack, and then fall over dead soon after.
#6awesomephatmanPosted 7/2/2013 11:33:31 PM
If you hold the control stick in a direction while pressing B, you'll teleport. If you're not moving the control stick, you'll counter.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
Likes: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Joss Whedon's writing, Enlightened Synergy Kombucha Chia drinks
#7PokeGodOfWarPosted 7/14/2013 9:45:26 PM
Seems logical.

Can't get the achievement yourself, you say it's a troll or glitch.

STFU.
#8NavexPosted 7/18/2013 3:55:45 AM
I did it. Not hard at all if you play this stage on easy while trying it. The hammers, hell, anything really destroys the enemies. I only had to restart once because I accidentally tried teleporting and countered so I just don't touch that button at all to be safe.

Also, you CAN die and use checkpoints and still get the achievement at the end just don't counter at any time. Countering then dying and starting at a checkpoint won't work.
---
Deron Miller of CKY's acoustic album campaign:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/deron-miller-the-acoustic-album