This game is going to bomb

#1vital_vertigoPosted 5/29/2013 12:16:22 PM
I'll get it anyway being a huge deadpool fan, but this game has realistically no chance of selling well, or being THAT good.
I just hope its not unplayably bad or something.
---
John 3:16-The Bible.
Official Loner of the ZWWT Board Official Goma Orak of the SSBU Board
#2MAthrillaPosted 5/29/2013 12:51:50 PM
I know. I won't be getting it, being a huge deadpool fan (and Marvel in general) I feel that I deserve way better than the slop that's been put in front of me.
#3RagirothPosted 5/29/2013 1:12:59 PM
I'm sorry I really don't see what's so bad about the game. To me it looks good, just nothing amazing. I mean I dunno what people really expected. Deadpool's powers and fighting ability aren't really anything that hasn't been done before.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#4MAthrillaPosted 5/29/2013 1:35:12 PM
^
People are expecting the same heart, time, and effort that Rocksteady puts into the batman franchise, be put into this game. Which is more than fair. I've stated it many times before, Marvel games this gen are horribly rushed products, and it's about time people started calling Activision on it.

and I'm not sure what point yoru trying to make when you say "Deadpool's powers and fighting ability aren't really anything that hasn't been done before" I mean if every dev used that line of thinking we wouldn't have the Arkham verse games, Mass Effect, Saints Row, and other games. Because we've seen people with the same power set as Batman and Commander Shepard before, yet their games have a different feel and experience that sets them apart from other games of the same genre.
#5gamefan190Posted 5/29/2013 3:30:36 PM
where are you getting Rocksteady and Batman from?
---
Games - The Last of Us, Dynasty Warriors 8, SCell: Blacklist, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2, Batman: Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Watch Dogs
#6STBadlyPosted 5/29/2013 4:33:55 PM
gamefan190 posted...
where are you getting Rocksteady and Batman from?

I believe he/she is saying the Batman games raised the bar and showed what a super hero game could/should be. I certainly can't disagree with him/her if that is his/her point.

It's time developers took super hero games serious, and not just pump out horrible movie related games. Rocksteady is reaping the rewards of making quality games that the fans love, and it doesn't make sense that other developers see how successful and good those games are and don't try their own with other comic heroes.

I'm not sure if Deadpool is going to be good, and I'll wait until I see more to judge, but my hopes are not up.
---
Ah... Amaterasu. Origin of all that is good and mother to us all...
GT,PSN: STBadly
#7RagirothPosted 5/29/2013 6:56:39 PM
MAthrilla posted...
^
People are expecting the same heart, time, and effort that Rocksteady puts into the batman franchise, be put into this game. Which is more than fair. I've stated it many times before, Marvel games this gen are horribly rushed products, and it's about time people started calling Activision on it.

and I'm not sure what point yoru trying to make when you say "Deadpool's powers and fighting ability aren't really anything that hasn't been done before" I mean if every dev used that line of thinking we wouldn't have the Arkham verse games, Mass Effect, Saints Row, and other games. Because we've seen people with the same power set as Batman and Commander Shepard before, yet their games have a different feel and experience that sets them apart from other games of the same genre.

Damn I guess that's true.

But again I don't see how people think the game looks BAD, just not stellar. Hell that's what people were originally saying, then I guess the demo today changed their minds or something. Personally the only thing I thought that was worse from this demo, is that the enemies die WAAAAAY too easily. And hell you couldn't even hear what the hell Deadpool was saying.
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#8JStewVGMPosted 5/30/2013 10:43:04 AM
If your definition of a bomb means not making much money I think you will be highly surprised.... the lack of money used to make this game is astounding. If you're referring to poor sales....I concur.
#9SonicNashPosted 5/30/2013 5:58:35 PM
Marvel's games will never be game of they year worthy like the Arkham games as long they keep Activision as their game's publishers.
#10etcranePosted 6/2/2013 2:52:55 PM
It's ridiculous to think that the same amount of effort would be put into a Deadpool game as a Batman game. Batman is an AAA comic character, Marvel characters on the same level would be Spider-man or the Avengers ... and even those characters have had good to mediocre games. Sure Rocksteady raised the bar, but it's a bar that will only be matched by a developer that shares their same passion for a particular character and comic mythos.

I like Deadpool, he's a fun character .. but there's no way in hell he will ever get an AAA game treatment. It's just simply not going to happen, if anything, we should probably all just be satisfied that he's getting his own game to begin with considering his entire character was initially created as a riff on Deathstroke if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, the game should be fun, no it won't be the next great comic game .. but anyone expecting that had ridiculous expectations in the first place.