My theory: Another ending. spoilers.

#1GhadosPosted 11/19/2012 1:46:39 AM
I have a theory that there is another ending to the game, or at least an event or action that requires a certain item combination. I say that because there are a few unique items with seemingly no value besides burning for cash, I could be wrong and I probably am. But I think it is worth a shot.

First of all, I noticed when you are visiting the Tomorrow Corporation, there are three pictures of three items: the raccoon, the bike, and the transhumanist cyborg. I was certain that these items would result in some sort of easter egg. I even ran through the entire game twice to make sure I had gotten the combinations right. Nothing happened when they burned however.

But, I haven't gotten al the combos unlocked yet, which may yield something when I burn them again.

HOWEVER. I have one last theory.

To burn down your house, you must burn down 4 items. These 4 items are unique (in possibly more than one way) in that you gave the to your neighbour over the course of the game. However, she also gives you several unique items in return for these items. I thin k they were a cardboard heart, a thermometer, a delete key, and...something else that escapes me. You also receive a hug coupon from the fat lady.

Will burning these unique items yield any unusual results? Also perhaps keeping the hug coupon will give you alternate dialogue when you talk to the fat lady?

I plan on testing as many of these as I can, but if anyone has any input on this, it will be greatly appreciated. Wish me luck.
#2Cousken2Posted 11/21/2012 1:29:28 AM
Hi!

I had the same idea about the Hug coupon, i mean she specifically asks for it. And the items you receive also feel significant. I donšt have the time to play through the game again myself but I'm very interested in what you find :)
#3TangoBunnyPosted 11/24/2012 12:49:30 AM
Keeping the hug coupon works (it does exactly what it says, the rest of the ending is the same).

As for the other four unique items that your neighbour sends you, I'm not sure it'd be possible to keep them for the whole game, because they'd take up four inventory slots, making it really hard to purchase other items to make it through the game... I guess it might be possible though, but it seems unlikely that they'd do anything.
#4Tipa891Posted 11/24/2012 6:15:27 PM
I attempted to play through and keep all the items, but I ran out of room and had to get rid of the bug egg to hold on to my hug coupon (I was testing that as well). If you get enough money however, you can feasibly hold on to all of the items, I'm going to try it again and forsake the coupon since I know what it does now (like Tango said, you just get an extra small little scene). I'm also going to try to get the item for all the combos again and burn that with it and see if that does anything.
---
I drink Coca-Cola......IN BOTTLES!!!
#5DBPanterAPosted 11/25/2012 3:37:32 PM
What are the 4 items you send to the neighbor over the course of the game? I am at the end of the game and I forgot them all, except the sunglasses in the 7th book. . .
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#6DBPanterAPosted 11/25/2012 4:32:13 PM
DBPanterA posted...
What are the 4 items you send to the neighbor over the course of the game? I am at the end of the game and I forgot them all, except the sunglasses in the 7th book. . .

Never Mind, I got the letter saying the 4 items. Too bad I burned up everything at the end, should have hung on to a few items I didn't use (delete key, hug coupon) but there is always a second play through. . .
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#7llcoolyea54543Posted 11/29/2012 9:26:21 PM
so the glitch combo is the ending??? and im going to play again so i should hang on to just the hug coupon?
#87knowitallmenPosted 12/29/2012 5:26:36 PM
Ghados posted
I have a theory that there is another ending to the game, or at least an event or action that requires a certain item combination.

First of all, I noticed when you are visiting the Tomorrow Corporation, there are three pictures of three items: the raccoon, the bike, and the transhumanist cyborg. I was certain that these items would result in some sort of easter egg. I even ran through the entire game twice to make sure I had gotten the combinations right. Nothing happened when they burned however.

But, I haven't gotten al the combos unlocked yet, which may yield something when I burn them again.

I have gotten all the combos and purchased
all items 3 times and i got nothing so there might be no alternite ending.

7knowitallmen
#97knowitallmenPosted 12/29/2012 5:31:48 PM
there might be no alternite ending.

7knowitallmen

now ive tried everything and there is none
so you might as well burn all your stuff or keep playing.

7knowitallmen
#10AllhailshadowPosted 12/29/2012 6:57:07 PM
Items your neighbor gives you include:
photo of her
cardboard heart
thermometer
egg containing a bug
delete key.

They do nothing interesting even if you burn them together or keep them till the end. (Making my inventory big enough to hold everything that early in the game was a huge pain, you're welcome.)
---
In Pokemon Black my code is 1807-6061-4944. My City Folk animal name is Crystal. I live in Talinack. My code is: 5026-7915-3553