How do you counter melee?

#11GTAcrazyPosted 11/6/2013 6:08:16 PM
0TiamaT0 posted...
Welcommatt posted...
anvilone posted...
You'll know because you get ALL DAY to counter that attack when it happens.

Seriously, the window for the counter needs to be smaller. Or they could have it luck based like you can counter 50% of the time (or more with field upgrades).

Why? If people are dumb enough to try and knife from the front, they deserve what they get...

I turned a corner on flood and found two enemies one in front of the other. The first tried to knife me and failed. The second, instead of shooting, me tried as well... I countered him just as easily.

Bad play should not be given a pass. Sneak up on people like you're supposed to, or shoot them.

This.
It's supposed to be easy to counter.
Whoever is dumb enough to melee from the front, should get killed.
---
Typical day at GameFAQs: http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/544/poo7yd.jpg
GamerTag: Major Sousa
#12ShmoikenPosted 11/6/2013 6:22:47 PM
Red_Baron07 posted...
Perhaps the answer is dont melee from the front. problem solved

This. Yes this is a video game but its based on some semblance of reality... I'd dare any of you to try to stab an in-combat Marine with a knife from the front. Pretty sure that knife would be coming right back at you in a hurry.
#13EvilJawa_XBLPosted 11/6/2013 6:49:48 PM
I've only been attacked with a knife from the front once, and my game froze in the middle of the animation. I really want to do it at least once.
Still, I agree knives should be used for stealth kills.
---
3DS FC: 2921-9478-0342
XBL GT: EvilJawa
#14jc349Posted 11/7/2013 8:13:13 AM
0TiamaT0 posted...
Welcommatt posted...
anvilone posted...

Seriously, the window for the counter needs to be smaller. Or they could have it luck based like you can counter 50% of the time (or more with field upgrades).

Why? If people are dumb enough to try and knife from the front, they deserve what they get...

I turned a corner on flood and found two enemies one in front of the other. The first tried to knife me and failed. The second, instead of shooting, me tried as well... I countered him just as easily.

Bad play should not be given a pass. Sneak up on people like you're supposed to, or shoot them.

Its not like he is saying counters should be removed. But counterknifing is waaaasay too easy. You shouldn't have such a large window to counter and im willing to bet they patch it.
#15XtypegamerPosted 11/7/2013 8:16:00 AM
I would like a counter counter knife.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6124904192/hCFA9E7FB/
#16jc349Posted 11/7/2013 8:19:47 AM
Xtypegamer posted...

THIS
#17bcon1208Posted 11/7/2013 8:39:21 AM
Xtypegamer posted...

Just make the counter knife a random button each time. Even any one of "X", "Y", "B", or "A". Then you only have say, 2 seconds to hit said button to counter. At which point the animation switches, and shows the enemy a button to press (one of the four). Same thing, 2 seconds to press. This could continue, as the fighting animation does, either until someone misses (eh could be bad) or until a set amount of "counters" passes and the animation ceases, cancelling the knife all together and putting both players facing each other.

Maybe not perfect, but that would be a much better solution to this (and cooler to watch!)
---
Loading Post... [|||||||||||||||||||||||__] 85% Complete...
lIl Nemesis lIl
#18XtypegamerPosted 11/7/2013 8:48:56 AM
bcon1208 posted...
Xtypegamer posted...

Just make the counter knife a random button each time. Even any one of "X", "Y", "B", or "A". Then you only have say, 2 seconds to hit said button to counter. At which point the animation switches, and shows the enemy a button to press (one of the four). Same thing, 2 seconds to press. This could continue, as the fighting animation does, either until someone misses (eh could be bad) or until a set amount of "counters" passes and the animation ceases, cancelling the knife all together and putting both players facing each other.

Maybe not perfect, but that would be a much better solution to this (and cooler to watch!)

Or just paper.rock.scissor it.
---
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6124904192/hCFA9E7FB/
#19danthechanPosted 11/7/2013 1:54:45 PM
machete beats paper.
#200TiamaT0Posted 11/7/2013 3:31:45 PM
jc349 posted...
0TiamaT0 posted...
Welcommatt posted...
anvilone posted...

Its not like he is saying counters should be removed. But counterknifing is waaaasay too easy. You shouldn't have such a large window to counter and im willing to bet they patch it.

Why should I have to suffer due to others stupidity? I value my dogtags, and don't let people take them. I always cover my rear, and don't put myself in situations where I can be knifed from behind.

So why should some douchebag be able to freely run up to me and and take them? That's why the counter is so long, because DICE doesn't want bad players to prosper through BS moves.
---
Myths, Lies and complete stupidity barely scratch the surface of your ignorance.