p2p
---
My boredom has outshined the sun
#3ShibutoPosted 11/11/2012 6:42:20 AM
Pee Two Pee
---
I own all 3 systems therefore I am unbiased: 360 > PS3 >> Wii -Bill Gates Son
#4xenosaga123Posted 11/11/2012 7:00:40 AM
if there was no subscription fee, the servers wouldn't even last half as long as Metal Gear Online did.

heck, subscription fees are one thing that helped the company fund this remake/reboot/relaunch version.

if people don't care about quality mmorpg experience, more frequent updates and quality expansions,
then there are all those cheap and hollow f2p mmorpgs out there they can play instead.

more quality features and service costs more money to maintain and expand.
#5ShibutoPosted 11/11/2012 7:24:47 AM
if there was no subscription fee, the servers wouldn't even last half as long as Metal Gear Online did.

heck, subscription fees are one thing that helped the company fund this remake/reboot/relaunch version.

if people don't care about quality mmorpg experience, more frequent updates and quality expansions,
then there are all those cheap and hollow f2p mmorpgs out there they can play instead.

more quality features and service costs more money to maintain and expand.

Just make sure GW2 fanboys dont see this post...
---
I own all 3 systems therefore I am unbiased: 360 > PS3 >> Wii -Bill Gates Son
#6antoinejonesPosted 11/11/2012 7:55:16 AM
oh it would last long.. it just wouldnt be very fun to play after 2-3 months -cough- DCUO -cough-
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#7Foxkoun25Posted 11/12/2012 4:29:38 AM
GW2 will be item shop fueled.
#8EternalNetherPosted 11/17/2012 8:52:46 AM
Honestly in MOST situations monthly fees are not required. And if they are charged it's almost certainly NOT for server upkeep costs.

However, this is a unique situation. A monthly fee is necessary for this game to stay afloat. Square Enix burned through mountains of cash to remake the game from scratch, and they have to make some of that money back if this game is going to survive. For that reason alone I have no problem paying a subscription fee.
---
Currently Anticipating: Elder Scrolls Online, Phantasy Star Online 2, Final Fantasy XIV
#9Jinxey86Posted 11/17/2012 9:39:23 AM
EternalNether posted...
Honestly in MOST situations monthly fees are not required. And if they are charged it's almost certainly NOT for server upkeep costs.

However, this is a unique situation. A monthly fee is necessary for this game to stay afloat. Square Enix burned through mountains of cash to remake the game from scratch, and they have to make some of that money back if this game is going to survive. For that reason alone I have no problem paying a subscription fee.

I agree and would prefer the monthly payment over gw2 of pretty much can buy gems to buy gear or even in game currency for that matter.
#10antoinejonesPosted 11/17/2012 11:57:56 AM
EternalNether posted...

may not be for server upkeep but its to keep the game constantly updating, changing and non sucky.... go play FFXI and then any free MMO and youll clearly see where your 13 bucks a month is going lol
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.