Whoa now wait a second! This was suppose to be free...

#1SackBoiPosted 12/1/2012 7:47:39 AM
They said since how much they messed up and such 2.0 will be completely free and they admited their faults... why am I seeing pre order things when i google this title for Target and Walmart and such -_-.

Now maybe they are just rereleasing it for new players and old players can just download it since they already have XIV, but if they are really charging people again for this game that is untolerable.
---
Sometimes you get the coal mine, and sometimes you get the shaft.
#2GameDragon2kPosted 12/1/2012 7:49:50 AM
How exactly is it untolerable? They've been charging since the beginning of the year. They've said straight up multiple times this would not be F2P. They gave everyone over a year of free service already.
---
Kid Icarus Uprising
KoS-Maxi - 0001-3319-6957
#3JJCTroyPosted 12/1/2012 8:46:53 AM
TC, please reread your post.

TC, please reword your post.

TC, please retype your post after you've reworded it.
#4Zombies_OnlinePosted 12/1/2012 9:26:12 AM
SackBoi posted...
They said since how much they messed up and such 2.0 will be completely free and they admited their faults... why am I seeing pre order things when i google this title for Target and Walmart and such -_-.

Now maybe they are just rereleasing it for new players and old players can just download it since they already have XIV, but if they are really charging people again for this game that is untolerable.

Nothing is free. Ever. If you've already paid for the original PC version of FFXIV, then ARR will be downloadable at no extra cost. However, if you haven't bought the game, or you're going to be playing on PS3, then yes, you have to pay for it. If you thought otherwise, that's no one's fault but your own.
#5paradicio12Posted 12/1/2012 10:42:57 AM
it was free

for a year
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#6Maxo996Posted 12/1/2012 5:14:42 PM
I'm glad it isn't free. Keeps the casual noobs/whiners at bay....if only ever so slightly.
---
Hi. How ya' doin'?
#7malicemizerfanPosted 12/1/2012 6:14:46 PM
I'm building my computer(first one ever WOO!) around being able to run this(by the way, 3.9ghz 8gb ram, and 2gb vram(sli, 1gb each) should run this without much of a hiccup, right?)
#8ZhacariasPosted 12/1/2012 6:50:32 PM
Maxo996 posted...
I'm glad it isn't free. Keeps the casual noobs/whiners at bay....if only ever so slightly.
#9Jinxey86Posted 12/1/2012 8:52:13 PM
malicemizerfan posted...
I'm building my computer(first one ever WOO!) around being able to run this(by the way, 3.9ghz 8gb ram, and 2gb vram(sli, 1gb each) should run this without much of a hiccup, right?)

All what you have listed will run it with flying colors, at max settings easily, just need a even decent graphics card. I think even a 100 dollar graphics card could run this game at max.
#10malicemizerfanPosted 12/1/2012 11:07:27 PM
Jinxey86 posted...
malicemizerfan posted...

All what you have listed will run it with flying colors, at max settings easily, just need a even decent graphics card. I think even a 100 dollar graphics card could run this game at max.

they add up to about 120, for the motherboard I'm using a 2gb single costs almost 300(using an amd processor, no 3.0 slots available on any of the motherboards that it fits)