I resubbed to XI

#1CLOUD9THELEGENDPosted 12/7/2012 10:10:50 AM
I've been wanting to dive back into it while waiting for ARR. I missed that game. I need to get at least one job out of the 30's.
#2DestinPosted 12/7/2012 10:47:58 AM
i'm thinking about it, i never finished the last expansion.
---
Destin the Valiant
#3Maxo996Posted 12/7/2012 10:48:21 AM
If you haven't played in awhile you'll probably be in for some culture shock. Lemme know if you have any Q's.
---
Hi. How ya' doin'?
#4DestinPosted 12/7/2012 10:52:01 AM
what the hell is this "procing" business that people on various forums keep talking about.
---
Destin the Valiant
#5potatochobitPosted 12/7/2012 11:28:40 AM
donating to the salvation army is a better investment

if you need something productive to do, go clean your toilet bowl instead.
---
http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/
rules do not make justice but justice has rules -potatochobit 2012
#6CityLumbarPosted 12/7/2012 11:38:51 AM
potato post
---
My boredom has outshined the sun
#7DestinPosted 12/7/2012 11:48:05 AM
video games and posting on gamefaqs, what everyone does to be more productive.
---
Destin the Valiant
#8CLOUD9THELEGEND(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 2:23:23 PM
I played yesterday and right away noticed how the boosted the amount of exp a mob gives. I haven't joined a party yet. I'm hoping to do that tonight.
#9Maxo996Posted 12/7/2012 3:01:20 PM
Destin posted...
what the hell is this "procing" business that people on various forums keep talking about.

Proccing...depends on which event talking about really. It mainly started in Abyssea related NMs. Certain elemental weaponskills if used on a NM when they are not casting magic or using a TP move will proc a red !! in front of the NM. It will also stun them for 30 seconds. Blue !! is from physical WS and yellow !! is from magic casted on the NM. Red will %100 you get the atma it can drop. Blue yields higher drop rate on exclusive gear the NM can drop. Yellow increases chance of more Artifact armor tier 3 items dropping for +1 and +2 pieces. Also, voidwatch does stagger procs but it's a pretty different system. All in all the very earliest you should worry about anything proc-related is lvl 80. Which can be quite quick to earn if you nab a spot in an abyssea party anytime after lvl 30...
---
Hi. How ya' doin'?
#10DViper97Posted 12/7/2012 3:51:12 PM
Maxo996 posted...
Destin posted...

Proccing...depends on which event talking about really. It mainly started in Abyssea related NMs. Certain elemental weaponskills if used on a NM when they are not casting magic or using a TP move will proc a red !! in front of the NM. It will also stun them for 30 seconds. Blue !! is from physical WS and yellow !! is from magic casted on the NM. Red will %100 you get the atma it can drop. Blue yields higher drop rate on exclusive gear the NM can drop. Yellow increases chance of more Artifact armor tier 3 items dropping for +1 and +2 pieces. Also, voidwatch does stagger procs but it's a pretty different system. All in all the very earliest you should worry about anything proc-related is lvl 80. Which can be quite quick to earn if you nab a spot in an abyssea party anytime after lvl 30...

Thank you for this, Maxo.

Although some of my LS mates gave me a brief explanation, understanding just what the ever-loving hell "procing" is has been bugging me for years now.

Granted, I've not done this content yet, but when I'm listening to old, post WotG episodes of LBR (Limit Break Radio), and they constantly say "proc this", or "proc that", I get lost.

I still have so much to learn about XI...lovin' every minute though!
---
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.