Last day FFXIV 1.0 Monday, December 31

#1Maxo996Posted 12/18/2012 2:14:43 AM
It had to happen eventually

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html
---
Hi. How ya' doin'?
#2kamikaze135Posted 12/18/2012 4:12:13 AM
I wish it was on the 21st, lol. Anyway, here is hoping ARR will be have a successful launch.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#3TaintedSeraphimPosted 12/18/2012 9:07:31 AM
Do we have a launch date for ARR?
---
Guild Wars 2: Maphesdus || Stormbluff Isle
World of Warcraft: Hazumu || Proudmoore
#4kamikaze135Posted 12/18/2012 9:18:20 AM
Nope. We're still being told Q1 2013, but that's not concrete and will depend on how beta goes. They mentioned releasing an updated roadmap soon, so maybe we'll get a less vague date once alpha ends and they figure out how much they have on their plate that needs to be worked on before release.
---
#5TanthalasPosted 12/18/2012 9:20:30 AM
Q1 2013 sounds too soon for ARR to be released.

Isn't the beta only supposed to start at the end of January?
---
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
#6ShibutoPosted 12/18/2012 9:24:36 AM
Q1 2013 sounds too soon for ARR to be released.

Isn't the beta only supposed to start at the end of January?

Beginning of January not end
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#7kamikaze135Posted 12/18/2012 9:25:48 AM
Yeah, between end of January and early February. It does seem too soon, but IIRC, TERA launched not long after beta and I believe the same was the case for Guild Wars 2. Another thing to note is that alpha didn't last too long and I doubt beta will either. Most of the issues are supposed to get sorted out during alpha in MMO games.
---
#8FrogtkPosted 12/18/2012 8:21:07 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
Yeah, between end of January and early February. It does seem too soon, but IIRC, TERA launched not long after beta and I believe the same was the case for Guild Wars 2. Another thing to note is that alpha didn't last too long and I doubt beta will either. Most of the issues are supposed to get sorted out during alpha in MMO games.

Well in Tera's case, the game already existed as a full retail product elsewhere. There were some additions to the game for it's US release and obviously server structure and all had to be tested, but the game didn't actually need much done to it.
---
PSN/Xbox Gamertag: Vortextk
#9DamageDealerzPosted 12/19/2012 10:38:48 AM
kamikaze135 posted...

They are looking for specific feedback in both Alpha and Beta. They are telling people on the forums to ask about a certain question later if it is not on their "To look at in Alpha" list. Alpha and Beta are both equally important, they just look at different aspects of the game for people to try/test report bugs about.
---
5/18/09 First_Prototype, 1/8/08 Hyperteen, 10/5/10 jayyedX, 3/7/11 Julian___Maze, 4/5/12 lukestarkiller4, all lost account bets and followed through
#10Nael_van_DarnusPosted 12/19/2012 11:36:43 AM
DamageDealerz posted...
kamikaze135 posted...

They are looking for specific feedback in both Alpha and Beta. They are telling people on the forums to ask about a certain question later if it is not on their "To look at in Alpha" list. Alpha and Beta are both equally important, they just look at different aspects of the game for people to try/test report bugs about.

Not really. On the alpha forum, there are boards for all kinds of feedback, not just the stuff they initially asked for. The community reps have also answered a lot of the questions and concerns for feedback. This includes feedback for the battle system, audio, graphics, UI, bugs, NPCs, gear.....practically questions about anything.

I would say alpha is more important because that's the time you get to clean the game up before NDA is lifted and the mass majority of people get access to the game. Beta is important, but most MMOs I've played don't change too much between beta and final release. From alpha to beta, there are major improvements....for the most part, anyway.