Legacy Servers, Your Selection And Plans

#1Ronikth2142Posted 1/22/2013 5:55:56 PM
I need to hold a brief little survey here if possible. I need some feedback regarding the Legacy and normal servers that will be active when ARR launches.

1) Were you a player of the original version of FFXIV?
2) If so, will you be playing on a Legacy server in order to keep your character's progress?
3) Would you eventually transfer off of a Legacy server when the option becomes available?
4) If you are a new player, would you be more inclined to play on a new server, or a Legacy server with established guilds/economy?
5) Do you believe the new servers will have a higher population as a result?

I would greatly appreciate as many people answering these as possible. Additional appreciation if you could provide the names of any guilds or communities that you know of that will be participating on a Legacy or Normal server.
#2ShibutoPosted 1/22/2013 7:49:56 PM
wait what?

Legacy servers?
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#3kimimiPosted 1/22/2013 8:14:40 PM
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) More than likely - I have WHM "done", but I don't want to be playing long-term with people who think having all jobs/crafts at max level w/full AF is a minimum partying requirement .
4) N/A
5) I think they will, mainly because Legacy servers are for a restricted and finite amount of people.
---
http://backloggery.com/kimimi
http://kimimisblog.blogspot.com/
#4levelxplanePosted 1/22/2013 8:53:57 PM(edited)
There are no "Legacy" servers.

1) Were you a player of the original version of FFXIV?
Yes.

2) If so, will you be playing on a Legacy server in order to keep your character's progress?
There is no such thing as a legacy only server. Newer players can join any server they please, however players with old accounts aren't allowed to go on the "New characters only" servers.

3) Would you eventually transfer off of a Legacy server when the option becomes available?
It doesn't matter to me. I stay with my ls.

4) If you are a new player, would you be more inclined to play on a new server, or a Legacy server with established guilds/economy?
Probably start fresh.

5) Do you believe the new servers will have a higher population as a result?
It'll be a fairly even distribution.

---
GT: level x plane || Steam: levelxplane
Waiting for: FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Dark Souls II,
#5bobevansPosted 1/22/2013 9:44:44 PM

There is no such thing as a legacy only server. Newer players can join any server they please, however players with old accounts aren't allowed to go on the "New characters only" servers.

I think that's what he means. Old characters can only start on a legacy server. New characters can start anywhere.
---
[FC:0172-5271-1518] [Name: Damien] [Town: Oblivion]
#6kenshee1111Posted 1/22/2013 11:16:05 PM
1) yes

2) I will transfer my existing character to check it out, but I'd probably make a new one that same day on a newbie server since I'd like to start over entirely, since it's a new world and all. No reason I can't have both, right?

3) No, because I'd just have another character on that other server.

4) I'm not a new player but I never did any level 50 content when I played the original either. But either way I'd still choose the new one. It'll be a lot more fun to have more people have to go through certain content at the same time. I ended up not finding people to do certain dungeons in the old version simply because they were done with those...

5) I REALLY hope for SE and this game's future that the new servers will have a higher population...
---
My life's a horrible game because of its MC.
#7BlackBladeRunePosted 1/23/2013 12:48:49 AM
Shhh, we're not supposed to let the normies know about the Legacy servers. . .
---
FFXIV: Tatl Tael, Durandal, Carnival linkshell
GW2: Shady Guy, Maguuma
#8JrunkonePosted 1/23/2013 6:11:20 AM
1. Yes I was.

2. Yes I will if Gungir is still available.

3. No I will not. I don't understand why people change servers for any reason except to play with friends. There is an exception thou. I'll use Swtor asan example. When alot of people quit and my server was empty me and my buddies went to the most populated server.

4. All of my friends who didn't play xiv because of PC issues or didn't like the game will be joining my server when the option is available.

5. I think SE is good on restricting over/under population of servers. I've witnessed it in xi and xiv.
---
~~Gamertag + PSN : Jrunk1~
Curently Playing: FFXIV, Gears 3, BF3,BlazBlu, Dr. Mario, MTG cards and xbox.
#9AravaliPosted 1/23/2013 7:37:56 AM
First rule about the "Legacy Servers" is you don't talk about the "Legacy Servers". . .>.>;
#10Lark_XIIPosted 1/23/2013 8:02:54 AM
There should be a poll for this that way I can avoid the servers the population of this board flocks to when the game goes F2P.