Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn FAQs

#11kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 5:24:42 PMmessage detail
TaintedSeraphim posted...
Technically, you don't NEED to level more than one class in other MMOs. And sorry, for assuming you were an FFXI player, but they're typically the ones who use that terrible argument.

You're right about not needing to level more than one class, but c'mon....you'll want to fool around with other classes after you get bored with one...at least I do. It takes me a while to figure out which class I like the best. The point I'm trying to make though is that you only need one character to max out all of your classes. With one character you can max out your battle, magic, crafting, and gathering classes.

I mentioned this because personally, in other MMOs, I make other characters to at least master each crafting skill and test out other classes. However, in ARR, you won't have to do that. You can pay for more characters and max everything out. If you want to make another character, then cool, that's your choice. I just want to make sure people know they don't have to pay extra to fully experience all of the classes or to just test them out to see which they prefer to stick with the most.

Though it should be mentioned that the starting city and the Grand Company you join do effect the story...so that could be one reason to make another character.

Grand Companies, for those who may not be aware, are guilds associated with each of the cities in ARR. There are three in total and each have their own story to follow.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#12TaintedSeraphimPosted 3/3/2013 7:08:16 PMmessage detail(edited)
You're right about not needing to level more than one class, but c'mon....you'll want to fool around with other classes after you get bored with one...at least I do.

Yes, but I also like to play around with other races. I still can't do that without making additional characters. Plus there's the issue of experiencing all the multiple stories, as you pointed out.

Also, other MMOs allow me to make as many characters I want at no extra cost, so there's no disadvantage to creating a new character for each job in those other games. No offense to you personally. I'm just sick and tired of people saying that being able to level multiple jobs on the same character provides some kind of advantage. It doesn't.
---
Guild Wars 2: Maphesdus || Stormbluff Isle
World of Warcraft: Hazumu || Proudmoore
#13kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 7:25:37 PMmessage detail
I'm just sick and tired of people saying that being able to level multiple jobs on the same character provides some kind of advantage. It doesn't.

That's totally subjective. Personally, I've never cared for the different races in games unless being a specific race provides advantages with specific classes, which won't happen in ARR. I might be wrong, but I believe FF XI gave certain people advantages by playing classes with certain races.

I can see why people would be into playing with different races even if they don't get any sort of advantage. But you aren't being charged extra for it....unless you want to be in the same server =x
---
#14TaintedSeraphimPosted 3/3/2013 8:23:53 PMmessage detail
Actually, no, it's not subjective at all. It's entirely objective. There is no logical advantage whatsoever that is provided by the ability to play multiple jobs on the same character. The only thing it does for you is allow you to form a deeper attachment to a single character, which is an emotional reason, and not a logical one.
---
#15kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 8:31:07 PMmessage detail
Actually, no, it's not subjective at all. It's entirely objective. There is no logical advantage whatsoever that is provided by the ability to play multiple jobs on the same character. The only thing it does for you is allow you to form a deeper attachment to a single character, which is an emotional reason, and not a logical one.

Like I said. It's completely subjective. Some people would just rather have access to all of the content (minus some story) with one character. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't subjective, lol.
---
#16TaintedSeraphimPosted 3/3/2013 8:47:06 PMmessage detail(edited)
Access to all the content? Jobs are a system, not content. Quests are content.

And you can still have access to all the game's jobs in other MMOs. Granted, doing so requires you to make additional characters, but given that there is no extra fee associated with creating extra characters in other MMOs, the fact that you must do so cannot be called a disadvantage.
---
#17kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 8:50:20 PMmessage detail(edited)
Classes have guilds that offer quests that follow a story based on the class and give you information on the class associated with the guild. Each job also offers a series of quests that gives more insight on your job among other things. You said quests = content, so....yeah. That and you don't have to switch characters whenever a party wants you to heal instead of playing as the tank you're logged on as to take on a dungeon (content). It just makes things easier, imo. <<<that last part is entirely my opinion. Not stating it as a fact.

Some people prefer to have everything they do tied to one character; access to all classes, class levels, gil, items, quest progression, etc. Others prefer to have separate character for whatever reason. And I never said those people are at a disadvantage, I simply said it's subjective. Also, the armory system is what sets ARR apart from most MMOs (note that I said most).
---
#18zazz9Posted 3/3/2013 11:43:20 PMmessage detail

Sure there is...

Do you like farming 100k Grand Company seals on each of your other characters just to fight 1 boss.

Do you want to keep your achievements on 1 character.

It is way easier to keep your 2nd/3rd/4th job's gear up to date playing on the same character. You don't have to redo the whole gear treadmill (as much)... you can play any class you want.

There are many advantages to having multiple jobs on the same character.
---
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/12003_322bd612e8d4f596.png
#19racha_kittensPosted 3/4/2013 4:20:44 AMmessage detail
just curious, i remember reading this game was to be free with a monthly fee that was back in fall or someone told me and i stupidly believed them, but anyways have they even hinted at what the price of this game would be?

BTW on the lodestone FFXIV I read that it was 7 monthly and 3 a character making $10 for a monthly not the 12.99 stated in the FAQs. Now im not sure if this is for the original or ARR.
---
Meow, meow,... meow, meow..... meow, meow zombie kitties break into dance.
#20Tremblor719Posted 3/4/2013 6:19:43 AMmessage detail
racha_kittens posted...
just curious, i remember reading this game was to be free with a monthly fee that was back in fall or someone told me and i stupidly believed them, but anyways have they even hinted at what the price of this game would be?

BTW on the lodestone FFXIV I read that it was 7 monthly and 3 a character making $10 for a monthly not the 12.99 stated in the FAQs. Now im not sure if this is for the original or ARR.

No, this information has yet to be updated correctly on lodestone. The correct fees(as stated at this point by SE) is what is stated in the first post.