Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn FAQs

#31kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 2:07:36 PMmessage detail
Btw, I'm starting to think TS isn't being serious at all. All of his "problems" have been addressed and he's still complaining about the same things.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#32mikethetigerPosted 3/10/2013 3:26:19 AMmessage detail
Great info, thanks! I wonder if you will get to choose from multiple servers, or will everyone be in one world from the start? I am actually looking forward to this game.

Personally, I hope the job system stays at the amount given. Too many jobs in FF XI became a problem with one new job coming out, while some got dubbed down. Less is more I say!

I also hope the game goes back old school, between pt gatherings, as well as solo friendly too. I quit playing FF XI because of the Abyssea expansion. People who can get to lvl. 99 nowadays and done right can lvl up in a matter of a couple days if they wanted from leeching lvls. That ruined that game for me, as I'm sure it did for other players.

Just a few things I hope to see, but I guess I'll keep an open eye, and see what happens :)
---
LSU Fighting Tigers Fan For Life!
#33kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 7:08:02 AMmessage detail
@mikethetiger

Glad you found it useful! And yes, you will be able to pick a server - and region - in ARR when it launches. If you don't pick one after a while (meaning you don't log in and pick a server), you will be placed in the default server for the people in your old server. Also, we'll be able to freely switch servers for a while (their words).
---
#34mikethetigerPosted 3/10/2013 7:56:01 AMmessage detail
Indeed it was hehe! I really like the design of the new races, and I already know the graphics and visuals will be stunning! However, I wonder if the game will take some memory though to play? Unless I missed that in the FAQ or if that can be answered? On PC I mean :)

I also like how a weapon is designed for a specific class/job. That was pretty much the case in XI, but now, it seems a lance/polearm is only specific for a Lancer/Dragoon for example. Pretty good concept.

I love the Limit Break concept too, but who wouldn't be right?

I just wonder if the game will somehow market to players who got a sour taste from the original XIV's disaster though. I thought it was a good move to build the game from scratch. For some reason. I have a good feeling this time though, XIV might actually have the potential to be wonderful!
---
LSU Fighting Tigers Fan For Life!
#35kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 8:10:51 AMmessage detail
I posted a link to the benchmark on the first post. Check that out to see if you'll be able to run the game.

XIV has AF gear and weapons that give jobs that classic feel in terms of looks. Classes also have class specific gear.....and to be honest, I hope they scrap the idea of having class-only gear. Here is an example of Thaumaturge only gear and weapon:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8002/7223968356_74d2ee119e_b.jpg

Black Mages couldn't wear any of that in XIV. And seeing how Thaumaturgers become Black Mages.....it just makes no sense to me.
---
#36ShadowGomamonPosted 3/11/2013 3:17:57 AMmessage detail
Nice topic, very informative. I can't wait for the release!
---
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/nekovivie-2654/hero/3148418
#37TanthalasPosted 3/12/2013 2:15:25 PMmessage detail
From: TaintedSeraphim | Posted: 3/4/2013 4:23:53 AM | #014
Actually, no, it's not subjective at all. It's entirely objective. There is no logical advantage whatsoever that is provided by the ability to play multiple jobs on the same character. The only thing it does for you is allow you to form a deeper attachment to a single character, which is an emotional reason, and not a logical one.

Not this BS again. We had an entire topic dedicated to this where I pointed out the advantages of the job system and your responses were always to ignore the issue or say "that can be set to accounts instead of characters" even though that never happens in pretty much all MMO's.

Just accept that FFXI actually had some good things in it.
---
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
#38RaabbottPosted 3/12/2013 7:36:21 PMmessage detail
Dear god I want this game to come out and be good. I'm bored with other MMORPGs like GW2 & Tera. I loved FFXI and would play that till 14 comes out but I can't remember my account name or email I used all those years ago. I'll gladly pay a sub for a new MMO in a FF setting.

I bet they'd send me a beta invite if they knew how much time I've spent reading posts and watching videos. I'd like to have the chance to help this game by picking out bugs and crap.

Wish the beta phases would go by quicker so I could get a chance to check it out. Been waiting for years to play this cus when it first came out I didn't have a good enough computer to handle it in 2010 but I do now and it's not available.

Invite me to the next phase darn it!!
#39Rude HeroPosted 3/15/2013 9:28:10 AMmessage detail
^ That could actually work if the group consent to a set number of paradigms pre-battle. Party leader could iniitiate the shift, could be interesting Isuppose but would make pugging serious business, for better or worse.
---
Lead thine life, as thou seest fit.
#40TanthalasPosted 4/11/2013 11:32:43 AMmessage detail
Looks like they weren't kidding when they said that they had sent out a ton of beta keys.
---
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".