Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn FAQs

#61dragonrebornedPosted 6/15/2013 1:04:18 AMmessage detail
Do anyone knows if i owned the original FF XIV - PC (but havent paid for subscription when after a year it came in, so i guess no legacy), will i get ARR for PS3 as well, or only for PC?
And if not, will there be any bonus for buying it this time on PS3?

Thanks a lot
#62AllexioriginsPosted 6/15/2013 8:08:50 AMmessage detail
kamikaze135 posted...
bksonic123 posted...
Hi, I posted this in the PS3 FAQ, but I was wondering: can you do any quest in a party, or is it just limited to levequests (so can your party undertake a main quest at the same time)?

Of course! In parties you can run leve quests, dungeons, FATEs, primals, side quests, class quests, job quests, and behests.

Nearly all the quests aren't instanced so you can do what you want with your party members but they won't know your'e doing a quest or anything.

However what would be interesting to know is if you can go in instanced quests with a party, as it seemed to me that you couldn't... do you have that info?
#63kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 8:26:44 AMmessage detail
@dragonreborned
You only get it on the PC

@Allexiorigins
Some isntance quests require you to finish them solo and some will allow you to party up.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#64Dr_S3xyPosted 6/15/2013 1:50:09 PMmessage detail
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but my friends and I are on the same server, but in a different city (I'm on Grandadia or w.e and they're in Ul'Dah). How do I go to their city? Is there a level I have to be in enable to do so? I'm on level 6. Thanks
---
+C3LPH!SH-MOFO+- Best XM Player on MPO/+
PSN:CellPhish
#65PsychokillazPosted 6/16/2013 1:59:43 PMmessage detail
Hi I loved the beta of FF14ARR. I preordered the Collectors Edition for PS3. I have 2 questions. How will the PVP work? Dueling or a qued Arena? Also how do I form a guild.
#66PsychokillazPosted 6/16/2013 2:02:11 PMmessage detail
Dr, when you first came to your city and spoke with that women. Go downstairs in that same building when you're lv 10 and you can fast travel there. Also you can try to run there but it will be risky and treacherous at your level. If you go to Black Shroud and look southwest on the map you will find your friends city.
#67kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 3:58:05 PMmessage detail
Psychokillaz posted...
Hi I loved the beta of FF14ARR. I preordered the Collectors Edition for PS3. I have 2 questions. How will the PVP work? Dueling or a qued Arena? Also how do I form a guild.

To form a guild (linkshell), you have to be at level 10. Just look at your map while you're in one of the cities and look for the linkshell icon: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070518154758/ffxi/images/c/c9/Pearl_icon_blue.jpg

You can also form alliances between guilds - Free Companies.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#68PsychokillazPosted 6/16/2013 5:14:13 PMmessage detail
I was lv 9 and 3/4 lol Is the PS3 beta over already? I just tried to log in and it said unrefined and would not allow me in
#69DiedrupoPosted 6/20/2013 2:35:52 PMmessage detail
TaintedSeraphim posted...
Actually, no, it's not subjective at all. It's entirely objective. There is no logical advantage whatsoever that is provided by the ability to play multiple jobs on the same character. The only thing it does for you is allow you to form a deeper attachment to a single character, which is an emotional reason, and not a logical one.

Lol what? I can name a HUGE reason why its a good idea to play multiple classes on a singlw character. You no longer havr to wait hours for a tank or healer to show up if you or others can simple switch roles.
#70vinz2Posted 6/30/2013 8:22:22 AMmessage detail
I think this should be part of the sticky.

Cross class list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AsPI9Wq6z6GwdHJEYmR0Qjk4QzV2SmYzVzhYTVdCSkE&f=true&noheader=true&gid=0
---
Trainspotting