Did Nobuo Uematsu compose the music for FF14ARR?

#11benjjjaminPosted 6/3/2013 9:23:56 AM
Are we putting PC stats in our sigs this time around, or making fun of it again?
---
If Square pulls off this reboot of FF14, it'll be the biggest comeback in videogaming since the first Final Fantasy.
#12TanthalasPosted 6/3/2013 11:23:15 AM
Virtue777 posted...
I can't really say much about it due to NDA, but I will say that FFXIV: ARR has an entirely different feel from FFXIV 1.0. FFXIV: ARR looks and feels a lot more like the Ivalice Final Fantasy games to me, and the new soundtrack (of which you can hear many tracks of by watching the various trailers for ARR) definitely compliments that vibe far more than Uematsu's intense heavy metal inspired soundtrack.

The new music reminds me a LOT of Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy Tactics soundtrack, though I haven't checked to see if it's the same composer.

Nah, its not the same composer.

Hitoshi Sakamoto did many (most?) of FFT's and XII's soundtrack.

Masayashi Soken is doing ARR.
---
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
#13DoctorRPGPosted 6/3/2013 12:53:31 PM
Honestly, I didn't really care for 1.0's soundtrack very much. It was pretty weak compared to Nobuo Uematsu's other soundtracks. He's my favorite musician of all time so I expect a lot out of him.

Now A Realm Reborn's music is actually sounding very, very good, done by the person who re-arranged the music in Final Fantasy I & II Origins on the PSOne.
---
i5-3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB DDR3 / Samsung 840 120GB 2.5" SSD / Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 / Corsair 300R / Rosewill 630W 80 PLUS / Windows 8 64-bit
#14ShibutoPosted 6/3/2013 1:23:14 PM
Honestly, I didn't really care for 1.0's soundtrack very much. It was pretty weak compared to Nobuo Uematsu's other soundtracks. He's my favorite musician of all time so I expect a lot out of him.

Now A Realm Reborn's music is actually sounding very, very good, done by the person who re-arranged the music in Final Fantasy I & II Origins on the PSOne.

1.0's soundtrack was amazing not sure what you're smoking...

...but whatever you're smoking I want it.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#15steepcirclePosted 6/3/2013 1:27:29 PM
Shibuto posted...

1.0's soundtrack was amazing not sure what you're smoking...

...but whatever you're smoking I want it.

I respect his opinion but I loved 1.0's soundtrack myself. Never played the game of course, but I've listened to the OST. There's alot of throwback to some of the great compositions of the entire series.
---
Conrad Verner: "My wife was really supportive. She even paid for my shuttle fare off-world."
Matriarch Aethyta: *facepalm*
#16xenosaga123Posted 6/3/2013 1:29:29 PM
DoctorRPG posted...

AWESOME!!! FF Origins has some of the GREATEST tracks ever!! That composer improved upon Nobuo's music while being faithful to the original tracks!! Nobuo is legendary but there are other composers that rival and even surpass music they made.
#17steepcirclePosted 6/3/2013 3:26:18 PM
I want something as awesome as this from FF IX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uClMyknwUE

The song itself is awesome, but in the context in what it was played during made it all the better!
---
Conrad Verner: "My wife was really supportive. She even paid for my shuttle fare off-world."
Matriarch Aethyta: *facepalm*
#18benjjjaminPosted 6/3/2013 3:33:06 PM
I agree that 1.0 music was weak.
Nobuo phoned it in. Didnt get to play the zones like he normally does. Didnt get the time needed. Admitted he procrastinated and had writer's block then did it all last minute.

This is better.
---
If Square pulls off this reboot of FF14, it'll be the biggest comeback in videogaming since the first Final Fantasy.
#19ShibutoPosted 6/3/2013 3:38:48 PM
I agree that 1.0 music was weak.
Nobuo phoned it in. Didnt get to play the zones like he normally does. Didnt get the time needed. Admitted he procrastinated and had writer's block then did it all last minute.

This is better.

That is because he wasn't given the game so he didn't get to play it. He did really well on 1.0 especially on the theme song, answers, sung by the exquisite Susan Calloway, probably one of his top theme songs he has done.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#20Rude HeroPosted 6/3/2013 5:27:47 PM
1.0's soundtrack wasn't bad at all, I would agree with those who say the battle theme wasn't really fitting in FFXIV's universe but it still sounded bloody good.

Many praise Twilight over Thanalan as 1.0's top tune, and it is indeed beautiful but I personally love this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBf9H9pnF4Y&list=FLfIXkmxmmgoWlXmyzoJItlQ&index=2

it gets sooo good!
---
Lead thy life, as thou seest fit.