Unlocking other nation dungeons

#1LiutenaPosted 6/15/2013 9:10:01 PM
My character is warrior and I've unlocked requirements to enter Limsa's first dungeon: Sastasha. But how do I unlock tam-tara and the ul'dah's?
#2Liutena(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 9:38:13 PM
Anyone?

I tried heading to tam-tara but NPC says I have to complete "Fire in the Gloom" quest first. But since I'm not from Gridania, where do I get it?

You can't group with other nations for the first dungeon?
#3TanonPosted 6/15/2013 9:43:24 PM
Did you finish sastasha?
---
GT- Renarka.
TaCoS - All the gas. None of the TexMex
#4Mitch35Posted 6/15/2013 9:44:34 PM
Finish Satasha first, and then the story will ship you off to the Gridania dungeon, followed by the Ul'dah dungeon.
#5Liutena(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 9:51:34 PM(edited)
Ahhh. My rl friends from gridania need me to tank but I can't join them yet.

And I need them to heal me for my nation dungeon, but they can't join since they haven't done theirs? xD
#6Liutena(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 10:44:28 PM
Is it possible for me to enter Tam-tara if someone from Gridania initiates the conversation with the tam-tara entrance npc?

Otherwise, how is anyone from Limsa going to be able to complete Sastasha? Only warriors start in Limsa.
#7LykainPosted 6/16/2013 1:34:24 AM
The order is always Limsa > Gridania > Ul'dah, regardless of which city you start in. If your friends can enter Tam-Tara then they can definitely enter Sastasha. If they're saying they can't then they likely just don't want to help you.

And no, the player who initiates the conversation is irrelevant, all party members must be up to or past the relevant quest in order to enter a specific dungeon.
#8Liutena(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 2:08:27 AM
Thanks so much Lykain for clearing that up! My friends were still at level 10, so we didn't know that they would have the same mission progression as me after getting airship pass. Sweet, we can start grouping for dungeons next weekend.