Race Racial Stats

#1DimascusPosted 6/18/2013 1:10:28 AM
I must made this quick so it was easier to see who had the highest/lowest stats of each race.

Hope it helps anyone: http://aionhg.com/ffxivarr/

If it even helps one person, I am happy! If this is already well known, I am sorry! Trying to help others out! :D

Have fun!
---
FFXIV is BACK! 1.0 player brought back!
Main: BRD
#2Bestia_SomniaPosted 6/18/2013 1:26:45 AM
I want to be a Female Roedagayn Archer. Will I be at a significant disadvantage? They have low DEX & PIE. Aren't DEX & PIE the main focus of an Archer?
---
Anticipating; FFXIV ARR, Castlevania LoS2, JoJo's All-Star Battle, Destiny, Drive Club, Lego Marvel Superheroes, The Witness, Knack, Battlefield 4
#3BicassoPosted 6/18/2013 1:57:55 AM
You will be at a minor disadvantage, but nothing that will stop you from enjoying the game and fulfilling your role in groups/raid content.

The minor disadvantage you'll face will come in the form of discrimination from players for choosing a "bad" race and class combination. Min/Maxers will always have affinity for players who think like they do, even if you happen to be a great player with subpar statistics.

Another potential disadvantage you may face is hitting milestones, which could be very signification depending on the way combat stats are used in damage formulas. In some games the difference between 80 and 82 dex can be a gap of 10% to 20% dps due to hitting an important threshold in the way damage is calculated.

Unfortunately this kind of stuff usually takes a while to discover, and can always be changed in balance.

The most important thing is that YOU want to play X class and Y race. You should always follow your intuition about what you want; is it easier to live with being "not the best" or put up with "not my favorite race"?
---
teehee i bumped this!
#4SlimeStackPosted 6/18/2013 2:02:45 AM
I think it's stupid to care about race in this game. You might have optimal stats one minute and have the worst stats the next due to the class system. If min maxers expect people to make different characters for different classes then I doubt I'll be playing with them.
---
Awaiting: AC4, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I, Zelda: ALBW
#5Kat1184Posted 6/18/2013 3:17:42 AM
Thank you for this! I didn't even look to see if stats had changed from 1.0, but it appears they have (though each race's purpose remains the same/similar)

Can you check to see if you have the 2 Mi'qote clans mixed up? I always thought Seekers were the more melee/archery oriented and Keepers were the Magi.

Thanks!
#6PargePosted 6/18/2013 3:31:43 AM
Yeah, those two are mixed up, it's Seekers of the Sun and Keepers of the Moon.
---
PSN - Parge Eye Have You.
GT - Pargestyv
#7meiyukiPosted 6/18/2013 7:23:46 AM
SlimeStack posted...
I think it's stupid to care about race in this game. You might have optimal stats one minute and have the worst stats the next due to the class system. If min maxers expect people to make different characters for different classes then I doubt I'll be playing with them.

You'll know who to avoid cause the players who care so much about that stuff are also almost always the most terrible players because they don't understand the complexity of the problem.
#8vahndragonwingPosted 6/18/2013 7:26:57 AM
meiyuki posted...
SlimeStack posted...

You'll know who to avoid cause the players who care so much about that stuff are also almost always the most terrible players because they don't understand the complexity of the problem.

Lol

Actually, min-maxers tend to be the top tier players in any given game, so I dunno where you got that from.
---
IMO
#9meiyukiPosted 6/18/2013 7:36:32 AM
vahndragonwing posted...

Lol

Actually, min-maxers tend to be the top tier players in any given game, so I dunno where you got that from.

No you're confusing people here, the people who care about racial stats are terrible players because they have an extremely narrow focus. They are looking at only one single part of the equation and ignoring all the other factors. It's a form of confirmation bias. For example look at the people who in ffxi think tarus make terrible paladins because of their hp. They have tunnel vision, they're ignoring the benefits of mp and agi. Furthermore hp is a fairly irrelevant stat for a tank after a min threshold. Or the people who though mithra made terrible wars because elvaan has more str, completely ignoring the dex difference that provided more accuracy and crit rate.

While it's rare cases do emerge where a race does have a clear advantage over another. However, rarely is this any significant difference. When people truly understand the game and their class they understand how to properly build the character. They understand what a truly insignificant difference this all makes. The differences racial stats make in the duration of any fight are essentially unmeasurable. Anyone choosing to focus on that, to the exclusion of anyone else is an abject moron.

There's a HUGE difference between someone min/maxing gear, and someone min/maxing race to the exclusion of others.
#10Dimascus(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 9:05:20 AM
meiyuki posted...
vahndragonwing posted...

Lol

No you're confusing people here, the people who care about racial stats are terrible players because they have an extremely narrow focus. They are looking at only one single part of the equation and ignoring all the other factors. It's a form of confirmation bias. For example look at the people who in ffxi think tarus make terrible paladins because of their hp. They have tunnel vision, they're ignoring the benefits of mp and agi. Furthermore hp is a fairly irrelevant stat for a tank after a min threshold. Or the people who though mithra made terrible wars because elvaan has more str, completely ignoring the dex difference that provided more accuracy and crit rate.

While it's rare cases do emerge where a race does have a clear advantage over another. However, rarely is this any significant difference. When people truly understand the game and their class they understand how to properly build the character. They understand what a truly insignificant difference this all makes. The differences racial stats make in the duration of any fight are essentially unmeasurable. Anyone choosing to focus on that, to the exclusion of anyone else is an abject moron.

There's a HUGE difference between someone min/maxing gear, and someone min/maxing race to the exclusion of others.

I never said that this was the BEST thing to calculate into an equation for best stats. I even say on the page that race stats wont be that huge a deal in end game. More where you place your bonuses. I agree that in FFXI Tarus made awesome tanks. This was just mainly for those that wanted to see the racial stats.
---
FFXIV is BACK! 1.0 player brought back!
Main: BRD