Marauder's...

#1bremenPosted 6/21/2013 10:14:22 AM
Why does every Marauder spam Overpower...?

/sigh noobs
---
jedinat - Which sets you at a distinct advantage... over no one.
#2giglamesh99Posted 6/21/2013 10:55:44 AM
Just logged into my 50 warrior today to see how much the abilities changed and it looks like marauder/warrior is a lot more challenging in this game then 1.0 . Don't think there will be a lot of good end game warriors tanking as paladin looks like its a lot easier based on the abilities unlocked.
#3Blazeofspikes10Posted 6/21/2013 11:34:15 AM
Marauders spam overpower because it is the only AoE enmity tool available to them. When doing dungeons it isn't a noob thing to do because there are always the group of 3 mobs who would normally lose interest in the warrior and move on to kill the white mage if it weren't for that skill.

If it is a single target on the otherhand it is better to use fracture for DoT debuff -> heavy swing -> maim and save brutal swing to interrupt enemy weapon skills.
#4bremen(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 3:19:29 PM
Blazeofspikes10 posted...
Marauders spam overpower because it is the only AoE enmity tool available to them. When doing dungeons it isn't a noob thing to do because there are always the group of 3 mobs who would normally lose interest in the warrior and move on to kill the white mage if it weren't for that skill.

If it is a single target on the otherhand it is better to use fracture for DoT debuff -> heavy swing -> maim and save brutal swing to interrupt enemy weapon skills.

/sigh... I was clearly talking about when a Marauder is a DD role, NOT a tank. If you don't know the utility of overpower as a tank then you are not worth talking to. Learn to interpret posts and not state was is completely obvious to everyone else, well, anyone else worth talking to at least.
---
#5benjjjaminPosted 6/21/2013 3:23:46 PM
bremen posted...

/sigh... I was clearly talking about when a Marauder is a DD role.

You're just gonna softball em in like that?
Come on now.
---
If Square pulls off this reboot of FF14, it'll be the biggest comeback in videogaming since the first Final Fantasy.
#6bremen(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 3:25:21 PM
You know that's how I be rollin'
---
#7info_man2Posted 6/21/2013 3:26:31 PM
Yeah why don't you guys read his mind??? Insensitive jerks
---
Pokemon Platinum Code: 3996 4847 8427
#8tomo012Posted 6/21/2013 4:05:06 PM
bremen posted...

/sigh... I was clearly talking about when a Marauder is a DD role, NOT a tank. If you don't know the utility of overpower as a tank then you are not worth talking to. Learn to interpret posts and not state was is completely obvious to everyone else, well, anyone else worth talking to at least.

I see some things (like dbags) never change...
#9Blazeofspikes10Posted 6/21/2013 4:14:40 PM(edited)
bremen posted...

Marauders should really go for tank armor that happen to have dps stats. Also your opening statement didn't have any indication of DD marauders spamming enmity skills when there is already a tank in the party who needs the enmity to be focused on him until this reply. Honestly the scenario of two marauders in the same party in which one of them is built like a tank and the other is a DD and that they are both spamming overpower is a much more rare condition then a marauder spamming overload on a single target when using fracture, heavy swing, and then maim does more damage. (unless your in the first week limsa lasagna land in which everyone and their peers are marauders due to no other class being available in the region venture off to their conveniently placed first instanced dungeon and end up in a party of 4 marauders which can function if the tanks switch off as well as the use of potions on hand.)

If you don't want people to state the obvious then maybe you should actually post the indication in your opening post so that someone doesn't come in here to post their assumption and call you out on it.
#10vahndragonwingPosted 6/21/2013 4:12:45 PM
bremen posted...
/sigh... I was clearly talking about when a Marauder is a DD role, NOT a tank.

Learn to interpret posts and not state was is completely obvious to everyone else, well, anyone else worth talking to at least.

bremen posted...
Why does every Marauder spam Overpower...?

/sigh noobs

---
IMO