Whats so appealing about this game? Its extremely boring IMO..

#1GaMeFr33kPosted 6/21/2013 1:07:51 PM
The graphics, sound, and world are all really good, but the combat in this game is extremely slow, shallow, and boring. I mean, REALLY boring, to the point where I can't believe people enjoy this game.

The FATE system has been the same thing every time, 50 people group up in 1 spot, don't move whatsoever, and spam attacks, this is even worse than Rifts system and that game is free to play and has been out for years.

I really am trying to like this game, I'm playing it a lot so I can maybe see something new later levels, but really this game is not fun at all. What am I missing, why do you guys like this game so much?
---
Level 36: Ancient of TrollFAQ's
#2Edge4o7_Posted 6/21/2013 1:12:22 PM
I take it you don't like MMOs in general? The genre just isn't for you I guess.
---
XBL: Edge4o7
#3PerrydiusPosted 6/21/2013 1:13:12 PM
I have to kind of agree...there just isn't the same charm that FFXI had.
#4potatochobitPosted 6/21/2013 1:14:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5JAW2688Posted 6/21/2013 1:17:20 PM
Just a boring troll being bored from their boring life.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jaws-1905/
#6GaMeFr33k(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 1:18:39 PM
Edge4o7_ posted...

I've played over 10 MMO's, I love MMOs in general. I'm currently playing 2 right now in fact.

potatochobit posted...
Freak boy, game not crazy enough for you?
why don't you try going bungee jumping, that enough thrills in your life.

dont pick up an RPG then complain it is an RPG, you tool.

lol someone is butthurt. Let me explain a little more potato boy, I have 3 skills right now on my pug. I use them in order 1, 2, 3. Every fight. Once I use 1, I can now use 2, once I use 2 I can now use 3. So every fight comes down to 1,2,3 standing directly in front of the mob not moving. How is this fun? I've never played an MMO with such shallow combat.

And yes, I'll be playing till at least level 30. And yes, I love RPG's & MMO's its my favorite genre of games.
---
#7Edge4o7_Posted 6/21/2013 1:21:38 PM
GaMeFr33k posted...
Edge4o7_ posted...

I've played over 10 MMO's, I love MMOs in general. I'm currently playing 2 right now in fact.

potatochobit posted...

lol someone is butthurt. Let me explain a little more potato boy, I have 3 skills right now on my pug. I use them in order 1, 2, 3. Every fight. Once I use 1, I can now use 2, once I use 2 I can now use 3. So every fight comes down to 1,2,3 standing directly in front of the mob not moving. How is this fun? I've never played an MMO with such shallow combat.

And yes, I'll be playing till at least level 30. And yes, I love RPG's & MMO's its my favorite genre of games.

Which 2 MMOs are you currently playing?
---
XBL: Edge4o7
#8JAW2688Posted 6/21/2013 1:24:22 PM
GaMeFr33k posted...
Edge4o7_ posted...

potatochobit posted...

Did you judge the other 10 MMO's you've played on their combat in the first 10 levels?
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jaws-1905/
#9GaMeFr33k(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 1:25:36 PM
I quit WoW about 6 months ago, but I played that for 4 years. My longest played MMO.

I'm currently playing Rift, have a lvl 52, 46, and 27, and I'm playing Ragnarok 2 which isn't a great game in general, but still has better combat than FF14.
---
#10GaMeFr33k(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 1:26:18 PM
JAW2688 posted...
GaMeFr33k posted...
Edge4o7_ posted...

potatochobit posted...

Did you judge the other 10 MMO's you've played on their combat in the first 10 levels?

Not really, but if I did I'd say 9/10 of them still had better combat within the 1st 10 levels, so yes.
---