List of problems with FFXIV (simple edition)

#141BSerenityPosted 6/27/2013 2:12:05 PM(edited)
Shibuto posted...
Looking at the instruction manual that SE has given.

Click on Glossary of Text Commands under Reference.

Oh Uh...

Nevermind, lol.
---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!
#142tustevevPosted 6/27/2013 2:31:38 PM
3) Gathering exp is too slow and tedious.
Mining, harvesting, etc

This problem was addressed in beta test 3.

5) Crafting seems meaningless.
Ease of access, ease of acquiring materials, low profit margins

This was done intentionally by the dev; the early levels are meant to be easy and the material easy to obtain and as the level progresses material will be harder to come by and require actual killing of higher tier monsters. The profit in crafting comes from HQing items not making a bunch of low level items. The dev pointed out that crafted HQ equipment will be in some cases better than the unique items from dungeons when partnered up with materia.

The way i see it, you want to HQ high level items or make materia if you wanna make money by crafting. Which i think is how it should be done.

8) No /tell in instanced area's

This was answered in the beta forums. Because instances are cross-server battles, the /tell function or adding of party members is not possible because you are no longer on the same server.

12. When removing all clothes, characters still have underwear.

Sadly, i think someone will eventually find a way to make this one happen.
#143MinamoPosted 6/27/2013 2:51:57 PM
If they get that damned ferry in Limsa Lominsa working properly before release (it cost 50k+ to ride it one way, and I have no idea where it takes you) and it took you to the outskirts of Thanalan again similar to 1.X, being trapped in Limsa Lominsa won't be an issue. I'm not sure if they've addressed it on the forums, but if they fix this single issue, a lot of the starting city issues will be solved. Understand, however, that new players are getting frustrated fast and will avoid Limsa Lominsa on release because of these issues, and I can't blame them. It still sucks to have to be a Marauder(tank) or Arcanist(healer?) if you want your hometown to be Limsa Lominsa.

Luckily for me, I want to be in Limsa Lominsa (love the pirate motif and grassy plains), I'd rather be a heavily-armored MRD/WAR in cutscenes that are chosen based on your starting class, and all my classes are 50 so I'll have little trouble getting out of Limsa Lominsa and meeting up with my Grid'n'Ul'dah buddies as quickly as possible, so this isn't a personal issue for me. However, I can see why people are currently upset, and rightfully so.
#144BSerenityPosted 6/27/2013 2:55:36 PM
Minamo posted...
If they get that damned ferry in Limsa Lominsa working properly before release (it cost 50k+ to ride it one way, and I have no idea where it takes you) and it took you to the outskirts of Thanalan again similar to 1.X, being trapped in Limsa Lominsa won't be an issue. I'm not sure if they've addressed it on the forums, but if they fix this single issue, a lot of the starting city issues will be solved. Understand, however, that new players are getting frustrated fast and will avoid Limsa Lominsa on release because of these issues, and I can't blame them. It still sucks to have to be a Marauder(tank) or Arcanist(healer?) if you want your hometown to be Limsa Lominsa.

Luckily for me, I want to be in Limsa Lominsa (love the pirate motif and grassy plains), I'd rather be a heavily-armored MRD/WAR in cutscenes that are chosen based on your starting class, and all my classes are 50 so I'll have little trouble getting out of Limsa Lominsa and meeting up with my Grid'n'Ul'dah buddies as quickly as possible, so this isn't a personal issue for me. However, I can see why people are currently upset, and rightfully so.

I can't find the post atm, but I know one of the Devs posted that it will be fully implemented come Phase 4 and into release. Of course, the pricing will be adjusted and yes the ferry will take you to Thanalan.
---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!
#145zazz9Posted 6/27/2013 3:49:54 PM(edited)
macheteman posted...
I'm labeled a "troll" here on this forum for having the same concerns and viewpoints that a large number of people on the beta forums also have...but no one on the beta forums consider them as "trolls" and are attacked with the fanboy pride that I'm met with here. Just wanted to show that some of my views weren't unbased "troll" ideas that I have no reason to voice.

That "large" number of people on the beta forums is 20 people and I can name every single one of them and they are all douchebags.

Those 20 people account for about 90% of the complaint threads. No... there is not a large amount of people complaining. It is 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of the people who played ARR beta.
---
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/12003_322bd612e8d4f596.png
#146JohnMafiaPosted 6/27/2013 3:52:26 PM
I wonder if macheteman goes by Rokien on the beta forums.
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1173050/wilson-cruz.gif
http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-28790-0508f1032d1c7d.gif
#147BSerenityPosted 6/27/2013 3:57:26 PM
JohnMafia posted...

+1 for just the thought of it, lol.
---
#148sasukebotPosted 6/27/2013 4:09:56 PM
JohnMafia posted...

Oh geeze, I can totally see that.

And zazz is right about the vocal minority. They claim they represent a "large" portion of players but in reality they are usually nothing more than loud, disgruntled minority that if the game isn't made their way, it's the death of the game.

And then they predictably play the "I got ganked by fanboys" card to try to rationalize why anyone could possibly disagree with them. "If you are not with me then you are a 'fanboy!' Grab your torches and pitchforks! Viva la revolicion!"

"Only fanboys can disagree with me."

Good grief.
#149Master of Hate(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 5:52:23 PM
I go to work, and come back to my thread and it's totally derailed. Geez.

While I don't agree the MAJORITY is screaming "THIS GAME SUCKS!", I do believe there's a sizable portion of players who *do* have issues with mechanics in the game. Probably a like 20-25%. Don't use ONLY GameFAQS as your source either.

The beta forums do tend to have the most focused complaints. That's what this thread was intended to be, a brief compilation of issues people have with the game as it is. How this derailed so hard, I don't even know.

By the same accord, I simply can't fathom how some of you think. If you point out a problem, you're a troll. If you aren't white knighting for the game, you're a troll. If you look at the beta forums, you're a troll. You can't count the beta forums because it's full of trolls. I am certain by some of you folks' posting habits that you have absolutely no idea what a troll is. You can't discount every single voice of dissent as a troll, and if that's what you're doing, than you've gone from a fan to a fanboy, and you're equally as terrible as the genuine trolls.

Believe it or not, you can like a game and have suggestions for improvement/fixes to problems. I know, inconceivable, right?
---
Writer, Reviewer, Interviewer, Beta Tester, Streamer, and Gaming Enthusiast
#150machetemanPosted 6/27/2013 7:11:36 PM(edited)

I've never made a post on the beta forums. But this guy sounds like an intelligent and rational poster.

By the same accord, I simply can't fathom how some of you think. If you point out a problem, you're a troll. If you aren't white knighting for the game, you're a troll. If you look at the beta forums, you're a troll. You can't count the beta forums because it's full of trolls. I am certain by some of you folks' posting habits that you have absolutely no idea what a troll is. You can't discount every single voice of dissent as a troll, and if that's what you're doing, than you've gone from a fan to a fanboy, and you're equally as terrible as the genuine trolls.

Believe it or not, you can like a game and have suggestions for improvement/fixes to problems. I know, inconceivable, right?

Exactly. What's even worse is this game is trying to do whatever it can to make amends for the catastrophic launch of 1.0...and yet suggestions, improvements, and concerns are met with "You're a troll, this game is fine the way it is".