Servers Location ?

#1Master_x0xPosted 6/30/2013 4:27:40 PM
So is it confirmed that NA and EU servers are located in Montréal, Québec, Canada ?
#2scorpio manPosted 6/30/2013 4:28:18 PM
Thats the current consensus
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
#3Clouded_LeopardPosted 6/30/2013 4:28:26 PM
Oooooooh Canada!
---
Forum (Noun)
- A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
#4TnykuuhPosted 6/30/2013 4:32:18 PM
awesome I'm in montreal! XD
---
Some fear death, others pray for it.
#5jmarx84Posted 6/30/2013 4:56:44 PM
The server's time was like 7-8 or so hours ahead of central time. Maybe they based server time on something else... sort of dumb when trying to play with people in your own timezone for scheduling purposes (Since majority works 9-5 etc. etc.)

What defines server time anyways? Will they have servers based on region like east/west etc?

I remember in other MMOs, raid times were based on the server time, so I'd like to pick one that works with my schedule instead of just picking a random one. I doubt any of this info is out there really, and super dislike the idea of making a toon on all the servers to "check the time zone".

Oh well, hopefully it won't be an issue as it actually was for me in other games, since I work a 5am-330pm shift, i can't stay up as late as the normals who raid 7pm-11pm every night, thus timezone was quite important for me.
#6EtharinPosted 6/30/2013 5:06:05 PM
jmarx84 posted...
The server's time was like 7-8 or so hours ahead of central time. Maybe they based server time on something else... sort of dumb when trying to play with people in your own timezone for scheduling purposes (Since majority works 9-5 etc. etc.)

What defines server time anyways? Will they have servers based on region like east/west etc?

I remember in other MMOs, raid times were based on the server time, so I'd like to pick one that works with my schedule instead of just picking a random one. I doubt any of this info is out there really, and super dislike the idea of making a toon on all the servers to "check the time zone".

Oh well, hopefully it won't be an issue as it actually was for me in other games, since I work a 5am-330pm shift, i can't stay up as late as the normals who raid 7pm-11pm every night, thus timezone was quite important for me.

I think that server time is just based on GMT.