2 Quick Q's (soul crystals and armor sets)

#1SpeerbreckerPosted 7/1/2013 6:42:41 PM
1. What are Soul Crystals and are they in the beta. the ones that i have seen on characters have this description.. Not sure what it can do.

Requires: Lancer Dragoon
Lv. 30 Upon the surface of this multi-aspected crystal are carved the myriad deeds of dragoons from eras past.

2. Armor sets. it looks like there will be a bonus of some sort when you are matching armor. Can anyone tell me if it will be a straight percentage boost or will each set have its own specialties.
#2_borTPosted 7/1/2013 6:49:23 PM
Soul crystal is basically the item you equip to go from a class to a job. Equip a Dragoon Soul crystal and you will change Into DRG from LNC.
#3Negr0takuPosted 7/1/2013 6:51:53 PM
From what I can tell looking at the gear sets for the 1.0 players, soul crystals are what allow you to use the advanced jobs(war mnk pld whm blm brd drg). So no, I don't think they're in the beta. Of course I could be totally off about it. Use the lodestone(beta version) and check their gear yourself.
#4kamikaze135Posted 7/1/2013 7:00:08 PM(edited)
The only armor sets that I've seen that has bonuses are the grand company gear sets. It tells you what bonuses you get. The more pieces you wear, the more bonuses you unlock from the set. It could be something like STR +5 for wearing two pieces, but wearing 3 pieces gives you VIT +10 on top of the STR +5
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#5VendettafcPosted 7/1/2013 7:31:01 PM
Dont think the crystals for jobs are in phase 3 but they should def be in phase 4 when they add more content to test.
---
http://vendetta-fc.enjin.com/
Vendetta Free Company Now Recruiting on Midgardsormr Server
#6AckroPosted 7/1/2013 8:33:43 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
The only armor sets that I've seen that has bonuses are the grand company gear sets. It tells you what bonuses you get. The more pieces you wear, the more bonuses you unlock from the set. It could be something like STR +5 for wearing two pieces, but wearing 3 pieces gives you VIT +10 on top of the STR +5

This is sorta correct. When gear has a set bonus each piece of the set has its own bonus.

Each item has its own bonus for meeting the set reqs (have x amount of pieces equipped.)
#7antcc1111Posted 7/1/2013 8:50:47 PM
Vendettafc posted...
Dont think the crystals for jobs are in phase 3 but they should def be in phase 4 when they add more content to test.

they are in phase 3 but only 1.0 players that already had them can use them.I dont known about phase 4 but i would think they would.