how hard is it to tank/heal?

#1djinni204Posted 7/6/2013 11:40:42 PM
I usually play a healer if there is no DoT classes in an MMO(like affliction warlock in MMOs)
So Im just wondering hbased on beta how is tanking and healing?
As for background for tanking and healing I played a priest on both TERA and WoW, and played a paladin tank( quite a few years ago) as well as a lancer on TERA.
If there's anyone who has experience in the games I mentioned, can you do a comparison, difficulty wise?

And last question, any dot classes?
---
Playing FPS: I don't always hit the reload button, but when I do there's 10 enemies in my face.
SteamID: steamcommunity.com/id/kastador
#2EnjoyMePosted 7/6/2013 11:44:22 PM(edited)
Comparing to TERA, tanking is crazy easy. If you could tank a level 30 BAM in TERA, you can tank anything in XIV.

EDIT: Supposedly Summoner will be the DoT job (class).
---
[E[]V[]e *also responds to Santana*
#3RagingNoobiePosted 7/7/2013 12:12:09 AM
Honestly, it's brainless. When I play as a healer, I actually spend most of my time chatting. Tank and DPS need a little more work, but still easy as ****. I can eat a sandwich and talk on the phone while clearing a dungeon.
#4LiutenaPosted 7/7/2013 1:00:34 AM
Try them out yourself.

With instant level-up to 15 for all classes in this beta, as well as duty finder, you should really try them.
#5KaijuuPosted 7/7/2013 1:01:44 AM
I'm not interested in tanking, so I don't.
Healing is easier than DD now, which really says something.
---
The above is not in all caps.
#6MorgasaurusPosted 7/7/2013 4:16:24 AM
Healing 15-29 dungeons in FFXIV is pretty much like WoW: Mind-numbingly easy if the tank and DPS are not stupid. I did not get to level 30 on CNJ, but so far it looks like there's definitely some leeway for damage from mechanics as long as they don't one-shot. You can make it more exciting by doing the cleric stance dance and nuking. This is also good for trolling the tank :)

Healing non-LFR raids in WoW can get a little more intense. I hope ARR ends up that way.
---
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? ..."
- Matthew 16:26
#7CrysianiaPosted 7/7/2013 4:22:13 AM(edited)
Games combat is easy.

Im going tank class just because i havnt in a while and the bad repetive skill flow is likely less noticeable on a tank (possibly).

My major gripe again continues to be combat, im hoping due to its simplicity endgame dungeons are able to be more tactical and difficult in that regard (if not ill mindlessly zerg through endgame then quit within a few weeks).
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#8BrugalXPosted 7/7/2013 4:51:41 AM
Healing is simple in this game, it only gets difficult when theres a DD out aggroing the Tank in which case you'll have to put down your sandwich and heal someone else. Healing gets really fun when the tank decides to leave the game and its only you and the DDs, thats when you have to put down the sandwich and cup of soda so you actually use both hands.
---
XBL: Brugalation , PSN: Brugal X
#9RaymondPosted 7/7/2013 5:43:13 AM
Tanking bosses is not easy.

Back in 1.0, tank has to position at the right spot and use skills at the right time to deflect as much damage as possible.
---
Spoiler is plot element, not your ignorance.
#10Divine_MagePosted 7/7/2013 6:05:40 AM
It's easy if the rest of the party members know what you doing, but I learned well not to take that for granted. I had quite a few dungeons where EVERYONE was taking damage because they either keep drawing attention or the tank's not doing its job well.
---
Perception is reality