pug/monk ?

#1Godslayer429Posted 7/9/2013 4:58:56 AM
Iv noticed that pandering can use allot more abilitys(shared) than pug/monk can(do I really need the threat abilitys from pally?)

So what I wanna know is, with the stacking of grease lightning eventually fire stance and other buffs would pug/monk be higher damage than lancer/dragoon?

Has anyone actually tested this?
---
Psn=Thegodslayer
#2Godslayer429(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 5:00:02 AM
*lancer* not pandering, damm cellphones.
---
Psn=Thegodslayer
#3EnjoyMePosted 7/9/2013 5:04:58 AM
There are some endgame parses going around, and apparently they're pretty equal at the moment. You will have to wait until launch to find out for sure, though.
---
[E[]V[]e *also responds to Santana*
#4Godslayer429(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 5:08:08 AM
I'm curious about level 35 parses.
---
Psn=Thegodslayer
#5ItsDanielLuPosted 7/9/2013 5:46:17 AM
i think its safe to assume monk will output more dps than dragoon. but, dragoon has debuffs 'i think, need to research it a little more' and also many direct damage increases, which will likely hit way harder per hit than any monk hits. so maybe it really boils down to going for more consistent critical hits combining for more dps, or less frequent harder hits with combos/debuffs instead of purely flanking etc.

i'm new to ff14, so really this is just what i have taken so far. i have a pgl lvl35 and love it, currently testing lancer at lvl 17!
---
New PSN - OPNinjaStyle add me!
FF14:ARR - Server - Moogle - IGN - Kei Suke
#6colstripcapnPosted 7/9/2013 6:22:10 AM
I'm sure they will attempt to make them equal. They really don't want one class to feel useless, and thus unwanted.

If Monk's do more damage than Dragoon's, why would anyone ever play a Dragoon?

They've made changes to the game to reinforce that believe, like removing elemental weaknesses so that Black Mages are not rendered useless in some fights.

Monks and Dragoons fill the exact same role in a party, so they should be comparable.
#7Bestia_SomniaPosted 7/9/2013 6:30:35 AM
colstripcapn posted...
I'm sure they will attempt to make them equal. They really don't want one class to feel useless, and thus unwanted.

If Monk's do more damage than Dragoon's, why would anyone ever play a Dragoon?

They've made changes to the game to reinforce that believe, like removing elemental weaknesses so that Black Mages are not rendered useless in some fights.

Monks and Dragoons fill the exact same role in a party, so they should be comparable.

Monks build up their dps over the course of the fight. Dragoons are maximising their dps to begin with. Monks have to work harder, so they should do more damage overall.
---
http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1554077/
#8Godslayer429(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 7:36:29 AM
People will play dragoons solely for there looks and popularity.
---
Psn=Thegodslayer
#9skins25Posted 7/9/2013 7:38:19 AM
EnjoyMe posted...
There are some endgame parses going around, and apparently they're pretty equal at the moment. You will have to wait until launch to find out for sure, though.

Where are these endgame parses?
---
"While I make no habit of charity, I could not well abandon so goodly a wench to rogues."
#10Ninjapleas3Posted 7/9/2013 8:27:11 AM
skins25 posted...
EnjoyMe posted...

Where are these endgame parses?

The only parsers I've found are bugged, especially when it comes to DoTs.