Arcanist summoner/scholar question

#1MrTunaPosted 7/17/2013 2:21:36 AM
I know that this class/jobs are not out yet so the information is limited on them but I thought id ask anyways. As we all know Arcanist is the only class that has 2 jobs atm, My Question is if I decided to go the scholar route get to lvl 50 do all the quests and what not. Will I be able to if I decided that scholar is not what I want, can i go back and get summoner or will this option become not available after I chose scholar.
Once again I know there is not a lot of info out on them yet but like I said I thought id ask anyways
---
Lakers are the best. Kobe > Lebron. All day. Everyday
GT: OG Kush Man
#2TheGaijinPosted 7/17/2013 2:27:30 AM
MrTuna posted...
can i go back and get summoner or will this option become not available after I chose scholar

Of course it will always be available
Jobs are a crystal that you get from quests and that you equip or unequip

Put Summoner crystal > become Summoner
Put Scholar crystal > become Scholar
Remove any of those 2 crystal > become Arcanist

you will switch back and forth at will
---
Final Fantasy XIV Beta: The Gaijin @ Tonberry - ARR: Masamune Legacy Server
#3kdburnsPosted 7/17/2013 1:30:57 PM
From what I understand based on the interviews I've read and seen with Yoshi-P, if we use your example, then yes, you would be able to change to SMN if you want and SMN will be at the same level as the Scholar and Arcanist.

What I don't know is if you'd have to go back and do a SMN related quest. But Yoshi-P stated that all classes and their corresponding jobs level with each other.
#4AtnevonPosted 7/17/2013 1:33:23 PM
Yeah, the class and its jobs all level together. So you could level archanist all the way to 50 if you wanted, and you'd have all three jobs at level 50.

They have hinted that the other classes will get additional jobs as well, in addition to extra classes being added to the game. I suspect the game design will try to give classes jobs that differ in their role in parties.
#5jo_sean06Posted 7/17/2013 3:29:54 PM
While you do have the job acquired, skills for that specific job will be acquired through quests (as far as I know).
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Storm Silver, Final Fantasy XIV: ARR | Anticipating: Type-0, Xillia
#6KitoroPosted 7/17/2013 5:35:59 PM
Where has it been confirmed that you could level Summoner to 50, and you'll automatically be a 50 Scholar when switching souls?

It would make more sense, IMO, that SMN and SCH will have their own levels starting from 30 for the player to level up.
#7jo_sean06Posted 7/17/2013 5:51:41 PM
Kitoro posted...
Where has it been confirmed that you could level Summoner to 50, and you'll automatically be a 50 Scholar when switching souls?

It would make more sense, IMO, that SMN and SCH will have their own levels starting from 30 for the player to level up.

It's the armoury system. Read about it. The jobs don't branch out of the base class. The job and class level together.

Google it, look at the faqs, search through the forums. This has been discussed so many times, I don't get why people can't use their common sense. Just sayin'.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Storm Silver, Final Fantasy XIV: ARR | Anticipating: Type-0, Xillia
#8AtnevonPosted 7/17/2013 5:59:52 PM
To be clear: the jobs are an EQUIPMENT SLOT.
#9SoopaMan2KPosted 7/17/2013 6:02:21 PM(edited)
The question is... How to go about the points? Do you go MND for SHL or INT for SMR? Really wish the class was in beta or will be in beta so I can get a closer look at how it works so I know how to distribute the points. One Class, two jobs. The way it sounds, you have to choose either or.
---
PSN + XBLGT: SoopaMan2K
Dragon's Dogma(DA): Raevyn, Pawn: Kleopatra(200 Sorcerer)
#10TheGaijinPosted 7/17/2013 6:10:14 PM
SoopaMan2K posted...
One Class, two jobs. The way it sounds, you have to choose either or.

No, you can use both (not at the same time)
you can shift from Summoner / Arcanist / Scholar at will (if you have done the relevant quests and have the crystals for the 2 jobs)
---
Final Fantasy XIV Beta: The Gaijin @ Tonberry - ARR: Masamune Legacy Server