Do I need to buy the game again?

#1charlton3kPosted 7/25/2013 8:13:32 AM
I owned the original mmo on the pc but only played it for the first free month> I was also able to enter the beta and use that character. But do I have to buy the game again from a store?
There's info floating around on free copies to existing users but who played during a certain time, etc. So a bit confused.
---
Craphex
#2VobeDarkElfPosted 7/25/2013 8:17:31 AM
No, you won't need to buy the game already, you already own it. However, you will need to start paying the monthly fee at 'launch'.

New players like me will be getting the first month free, like you did years ago, but we do need to buy the game.
#3MrTunaPosted 7/25/2013 8:33:36 AM
VobeDarkElf posted...
No, you won't need to buy the game already, you already own it. However, you will need to start paying the monthly fee at 'launch'.

New players like me will be getting the first month free, like you did years ago, but we do need to buy the game.

first month is free
---
Lakers are the best. Kobe > Lebron. All day. Everyday
GT: OG Kush Man
#4zazz9Posted 7/25/2013 2:35:19 PM
Pretty sure returning player gets 2 weeks free... and doesn't have to buy the game again (unless you want to play it on PS3 and then you do).
---
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/12003_322bd612e8d4f596.png
#5Valkerion757Posted 7/25/2013 2:52:46 PM
Yeah, I believe he will get a free 2 weeks, completely new purchases get a month.
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)
#6charlton3k(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 2:16:52 AM(edited)
Oh that's cool, I don't mind not having a free month or anything if it saves me from buying a 20 disc again.

I also wonder if we can use the same beta install from the past few days or if it will need to download from scratch.
---
Craphex
#7LiutenaPosted 7/26/2013 8:13:39 AM
You also don't get early access. So you'll be booted off the game after phase 4 while your friends keep playing.
#8Kevman510Posted 7/26/2013 8:27:01 AM
charlton3k posted...
I owned the original mmo on the pc but only played it for the first free month> I was also able to enter the beta and use that character. But do I have to buy the game again from a store?
There's info floating around on free copies to existing users but who played during a certain time, etc. So a bit confused.

Did you try reading the sticky? It's there for a reason. It's stickied for a reason. It says FAQs for a reason.