Still undecided between Mrd/War and Gld/Pld.

#1OhHaiGuisePosted 7/27/2013 10:14:44 AM
I love the play-style of the Warrior, but my biggest concern is that come endgame, Warrior is going to be gimped compared to Paladin. I'm reading more and more about how PLD is the Main tank and Warrior is the Off Tank.

Anyone with any insight/advice?
#2shugo950Posted 7/27/2013 10:19:35 AM
Paladin. That's all I can say.
#3MrTunaPosted 7/27/2013 10:22:58 AM
off tanks are needed to
---
Lakers are the best. Kobe > Lebron. All day. Everyday
GT: OG Kush Man
#4shugo950Posted 7/27/2013 10:24:45 AM
But have you seen Paladin's relic and AF?
#5FF14_BABEYYPosted 7/27/2013 10:24:51 AM
I worry the same thing TC. BUT, I have heard that what the paladin has over warrior in defense, the warrior makes up for in high HP
#6benjjjaminPosted 7/27/2013 10:28:59 AM
Warrior has some concept flaws that don't make its future prospects look rosy in endgame.

-the high hp/ lower mitigation concept is terrible. Healers have to cure warriors more than paladins to keep their hp at a given level. Critical flaw in a game where mobs will take several dozen life bars from you by the time you beat them. Warriors waste mp. Again, critical flaw.

-the AoE/crowd tank concept relegates it to a small claims hero. You don't tank bahamut. You tank his imps.

I would go paladin. Warrior as 2nd job.
---
If Square pulls off this reboot of FF14, it'll be the biggest comeback in videogaming since the first Final Fantasy.
#7zoomer741Posted 7/27/2013 10:32:55 AM
Depends on what you like. Warriors have alot of abilties that heal you over time. My thing is I dont want to be the boring tank that stands there in one spot and watches my rotation. I want to be the tank where the Raid leader says off tank! get those mobs! The main tank will have 1 job and only 1 job. While the off tank will have many things to do. To me that is more important. That is all.
#8zoomer741Posted 7/27/2013 10:33:33 AM
benjjjamin posted...
Warrior has some concept flaws that don't make its future prospects look rosy in endgame.

-the high hp/ lower mitigation concept is terrible. Healers have to cure warriors more than paladins to keep their hp at a given level. Critical flaw in a game where mobs will take several dozen life bars from you by the time you beat them. Warriors waste mp. Again, critical flaw.

-the AoE/crowd tank concept relegates it to a small claims hero. You don't tank bahamut. You tank his imps.

I would go paladin. Warrior as 2nd job.

And hey Ben. VITALITY 4 LIFE!!!!!
#9K4P_LinkPosted 7/27/2013 10:39:55 AM(edited)
Paladin will be easier endgame since like someone said they're better for single target...which means they will be on the boss and only the boss the whole time. War will have to constantly watch the group and keep aggro from the adds...much more engaging but it's w/e your play style is...both will have a place imo.
---
Ever Infinity - MRD/WAR - The Maelstrom
#10OhHaiGuise(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 10:34:44 AM
Thanks for the insight guys/gals. I guess I'll roll a PLD first and level a War second. I just hate how simple PLD is the first 20 levels or so.