Arcanist and Summoner skills datamined, on xivdb.com

#1op1282Posted 8/1/2013 3:27:43 PM(edited)
So who wants to pull up the thread where people "GUARANTEED" ACN would be a healer?

Some notes:

It's obviously not in a finished state. Potencies look off. The only nuke appears to be the level 1 Ruin.

Traits are all in Japanese right now, but you can kind of tell what they do based on the icon. E.g. the trait with the Virus icon is likely Improved Virus. Also, ACN gets 3 INT traits like the THM.

Level 15 quest skill is a tank Summon.

It's not entirely evident what Aetherflow does. It's affected by 3 traits which seem to increase stacks, a la Astral Fire/Umbral Ice. There is also a "Meta Ether" buff (?) that has an effect on Energy Drain.
#2potatochobitPosted 8/1/2013 3:01:54 PM
I hope you realize that if ARCN doesn't heal, then there is only ONE healer in FFXIV

you know what happens to MMOs with one healer?

it was FFXIV the biggest MMO failure in HISTORY

btw, if you run around doing damage in one of my parties as arcanist, I will kick you.
---
Anime you should be watching right now? Blood Lad on Hulu / Viz
Why is Charlotte Moe? http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/
#3op1282(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 3:03:07 PM
potatochobit posted...
I hope you realize that if ARCN doesn't heal, then there is only ONE healer in FFXIV

btw, if you run around doing damage in one of my parties as arcanist, I will kick you.

Don't care.
#4KupoTimePosted 8/1/2013 3:03:17 PM
potatochobit posted...

Does Scholar not exist anymore?
---
Nintendo ID:KupoTime
Currently Playing:Animal Crossing:New Leaf,Legend of Zelda:Oracle of Ages, Final Fantasy 7, Dust: An Elysian Tail
#5EtharinPosted 8/1/2013 3:23:32 PM(edited)
KupoTime posted...

Does Scholar not exist anymore?

Lvl 50 Lustrate
Restores 20% of target's maximum HP. Only available when under the effect of Aetherflow.

Lvl 45 Sacred Soil

Creates a designated area in which party members will only suffer 90% of all damage inflicted.

Duration: 15s
Additional Effect: 20% chance that next Succor II will cost no MP

Duration: 15s
Only available when under the effect of Aetherflow

Lvl 40 Leeches
Removes a single detrimental effect from target.

Lvl 35 Succor II
Restores own HP and the HP of all nearby party members.
Cure Potency: 150
Additional Effect: Erects a magicked barrier which nullifies damage equalling the amount of HP restored.
Duration: 30s

Lvl 30 Succor
Restores target's HP.
Cure Potency: 300
Additional Effect: Erects a magicked barrier which nullifies damage equalling the amount of HP restored. When critical HP is restored, damage nullification is doubled.

Pet:

Fey Illumination
Increases cure magic potency of self and nearby party members by 20%.
Duration: 20s

Fey Light
Increases skill speed of self and nearby party members by 30%.

Fey Glow
Increases spell speed of self and nearby party members by 30%.

Fey Covenant
Increases magic defense of self and nearby party members by 20%.
Duration: 20s
#6hamstergevalPosted 8/1/2013 3:12:13 PM
potatochobit posted...

Sigh~ Aren't you supposed to kick yourself for being so ignorant?

Arcanist: DoTs/Buffs
Summoner: Various roles mostly DPS/Debuffs
Scholar: Healing/buffs

There's also another healer in FFXIV, which is called a bard. It isn't the best healer, but it can regen MP and do some basic healing. Heck, their lvl3 limitbreak is a freaking AoE heal.
#7Dionex247Posted 8/1/2013 3:15:47 PM
NY: Actually, no, we donít have plans to allow players to choose the city they start in, thatís because up to level 15, it doesnít really matter whether you lack tanks or healers, thereís no specific content that requires it. After level 15 maybe yes. I do realise that Limsa Lominsa has been lacking a healer because the Arcanist hasnít been released yet, but that should be solved anyway.

Arcanist is a healer. Datamined is not FINALIZED information. THERE IS A REASON ARCANIST IS NOT IN CLOSED BETA.
#8EtharinPosted 8/1/2013 3:18:51 PM
Dionex247 posted...
NY: Actually, no, we donít have plans to allow players to choose the city they start in, thatís because up to level 15, it doesnít really matter whether you lack tanks or healers, thereís no specific content that requires it. After level 15 maybe yes. I do realise that Limsa Lominsa has been lacking a healer because the Arcanist hasnít been released yet, but that should be solved anyway.

Arcanist is a healer. Datamined is not FINALIZED information. THERE IS A REASON ARCANIST IS NOT IN CLOSED BETA.

None of the recent info is from the beta.
#9KaijuuPosted 8/1/2013 3:18:52 PM
People still don't have chobit on ignore?
---
Nothing's non-fat. That's why the world is going to explode one day.
#10op1282(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 3:19:49 PM
Dionex247 posted...

I realize you threw all your eggs in the basket on that quote, but it doesn't prove anything any more than the datamined info. Ul'dah doesn't have a healer either, but he made no mention of it. Maybe because he considers a THM to be capable of healing well with Cure? By extension, maybe all he was suggesting was that the ACN is capable of the same.