So darklight armor is the best armor?

#21BeefyNukesPosted 8/7/2013 8:59:27 AM
Shibuto posted...
BeefyNukes posted...
The best armor in the game is High Quality Artifact. AF+1 are recolored.

Then comes a second set whose name begins with an A. I saw pictures of the weapons. They looked megitech-y.

Finally, in third place I think is Darklight. Followed by introductory endgame armor - AF, Grand company, etc.

Allagan weapons and armor they come from Crystal Tower. But AF+1 being the best armor is subjective we have to know what the best stats are for the class before we get to that conclusion.

Allagan, that's the name. While I'll normally agree that we need to look at stats to come to a conclusion, I've always been under the impression that ARR is completely vertical. Plus AF+1 is the highest item level available. I think it's pretty safe to say (right now) that it's the best.

I do hope they change stats up, though. The vertical thing bugs me. Give me some choices darnit. >:(
#22ShibutoPosted 8/7/2013 9:02:22 AM
BeefyNukes posted...
Allagan, that's the name. While I'll normally agree that we need to look at stats to come to a conclusion, I've always been under the impression that ARR is completely vertical. Plus AF+1 is the highest item level available. I think it's pretty safe to say (right now) that it's the best.

I do hope they change stats up, though. The vertical thing bugs me. Give me some choices darnit. >:(

No...AF+1 has the same ilvl as Allagan gear, at least that's what XIVdb showed.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#23BeefyNukesPosted 8/7/2013 9:07:16 AM
Shibuto posted...
BeefyNukes posted...

No...AF+1 has the same ilvl as Allagan gear, at least that's what XIVdb showed.

You sure? I could have swore it was 90 and Allagan was 80. I could most definitely be wrong though. I hope you're right, at least.
#24mrg59Posted 8/7/2013 9:10:37 AM
Underdog2222 posted...
MagisbIadius posted...
A group has two people. A person has 1/60 chance to post in a minute*. The second person has a (1/60) * (1/60) = 0.03% chance to post in the same minute.

*We don't care about milliseconds -- only 60 seconds in 1 minute.

Source: http://library.thinkquest.org/11506/prules.html

That's much more like it.

I thought 1 in 60 was way too low. ^^

How is 0.03% more like it, if 1.67% is way too low............................?

1 in 60 = 1.67%....
---
IGN: LoL-Kitts, FFXIV-Eli'Kitts Rahl
#25ShibutoPosted 8/7/2013 9:21:37 AM
BeefyNukes posted...
You sure? I could have swore it was 90 and Allagan was 80. I could most definitely be wrong though. I hope you're right, at least.

Yes Allagan is 90, the only armor that is 80 is darklight and Relic+0 is also 80 (for now there were some placeholders for items that were also 80).
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#26DivineWraithPosted 8/7/2013 9:22:45 AM
mrg59 posted...
Underdog2222 posted...
MagisbIadius posted...
A group has two people. A person has 1/60 chance to post in a minute*. The second person has a (1/60) * (1/60) = 0.03% chance to post in the same minute.

*We don't care about milliseconds -- only 60 seconds in 1 minute.

Source: http://library.thinkquest.org/11506/prules.html

That's much more like it.

I thought 1 in 60 was way too low. ^^

How is 0.03% more like it, if 1.67% is way too low............................?

1 in 60 = 1.67%....

He wasn't talking about it in percentages though. People like to call the good chances in an odds format "low". 1 in 10 would be called low, while 1 in 10,000,000 would be high. They're not commenting on the actual chances, just the numbers involved really.
#27zazz9Posted 8/7/2013 12:22:45 PM
On xivdb.com... Darklight was ilev 70 (before they took took down the benchmark datamined stuff)... and there was ilev 70 crafting gear that was just as good as darklight except it had 2 slots you could meld into.

So Darklight might not even be that good in ARR unless you don't craft..... or that ilev 70 crafting gear is gated behind needing recipes you can only find in raids or something.
---
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-ffxiv/12003_322bd612e8d4f596.png
#28TheDarkNerdPosted 8/7/2013 9:18:39 PM

If both person A and person B are guaranteed to post during minute X, then out of the 3600 permutations of seconds, there are 60 in which person A's second and person B's second are the same. Thus, the odds are 1/60.

Of course, that's not really a useful statistic. You have to look at board activity, and if the question is something that is easily answered. The majority of same times posts I've seen or had have been two people answering the same question with the same short answer. The strike zone there is pretty wide, but basically you want to look at when you expect someone to respond, the odds of someone responding just as quickly, and how many seconds apart you expect the responses could reasonably be. Though really, that's just ballparking, and the odds are pretty loose no matter how you try to calculate it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WKp3kfx.gif
#29_Yag_Posted 8/7/2013 9:37:31 PM
as of 1.0 darklight was best. for ARR noone can really know for sure yet
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#30primusninePosted 8/7/2013 10:12:42 PM
Also the only TIME that the posts were the same is on here, GameFAQs. Time differences between the two posters (if you do live apart from one another) mean that the time they posted locally may be different from one another.

It's because time doesn't actually exist. We, man, made it up, to explain things and make sense of aging and day and night and to determine all the stuff we do with it.

No other living thing has a concept of hours, minutes, seconds etc. They know it's day and night and when during the day it is, etc. But we decided when it was 2.30.

Let that sink in.
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180