I think I understand the ARR Storyline now...

#1tigg06Posted 8/12/2013 3:47:06 AM
After watching this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM

I think I understand now. I played 1.0 but didn't advance to far into the story line.. but with ARR they keep talking about the adventures that they can't remember the names of that fought so bravely in the "calamity" I think I put it together.. perhaps some of the 1.0 veterans that got towards endgame could help me out.

The adventures that names no one can remember, thats referring to the end of the ver 1.0 storyline I would assume? Again I had played 1.0 but spent more time crafting that questing, and had noticed while the cities where the same the story (what little I had done in 1.0) seemed to be quite different. I didn't realize honestly til I had read an article recently that ARR was actually based 5 years after 1.0 Endgame and after watching the above video I guess it just clicked from where they talk about the adventurers that for some reason they couldn't even recall their names anymore.
---
psn - tiggman ninid - christophers xboxlive - tigg06
#2SlimeStackPosted 8/12/2013 3:49:13 AM
Everyone has convenient amnesia so that NPCs won't have to be scripted to recognise 1.0 players.
---
Blah.
#3tigg06(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 3:52:29 AM
yea thats what I thought. I don't know why it's just now dawning on me thats what was going on, or why it took me this long to read that ARR was 5 years after 1.0 lol
---
psn - tiggman ninid - christophers xboxlive - tigg06
#4DevasmetPosted 8/12/2013 8:24:35 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Everyone has convenient amnesia so that NPCs won't have to be scripted to recognise 1.0 players.

Actually a few conversations are different being legacy or new player.
#5SlimeStackPosted 8/12/2013 8:31:43 AM
Devasmet posted...
SlimeStack posted...

Actually a few conversations are different being legacy or new player.

Yeah but not every NPC, right? Basically any unimportant NPC that wouldn't usually have much dialogue can just not recognise the player even though they should.
---
Blah.
#6DarkstaPosted 8/12/2013 8:40:57 AM
NPCs for New Players: "Hey sure, you can use this. Just bring it back, okay? ^_^"

NPCs for Old Players: "Hey! You never brought my item back you punk!"
---
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didnt.
Erica Jong
#7NestamaPosted 8/12/2013 9:24:55 AM
SlimeStack posted...
Yeah but not every NPC, right? Basically any unimportant NPC that wouldn't usually have much dialogue can just not recognise the player even though they should.

Wouldn't Minfilia and the others know who the Legacy players are?
---
FFXI - Valefor: Nestama
PSN: Nestyma
#8skins25Posted 8/12/2013 9:42:28 AM
Nestama posted...
SlimeStack posted...

They all remember that there were heroes, but they don't remember who they were. Magical amnesia.
---
"While I make no habit of charity, I could not well abandon so goodly a wench to rogues."
#9ShybaasonPosted 8/12/2013 9:55:20 AM
Nestama posted...
SlimeStack posted...

Minfilia is the only one who actually recognizes 1.0 players...and then immediately goes back into lolderp you dunno who these guyz r right?! making it feel awkward as hell :<

the rest are all hmmm dunno you kinda look familiar but nah can't be...