Sword Oath and Shield Oath

#1zodiacsoulPosted 8/12/2013 7:43:00 AM
Was looking through the skills for the beta and was wondering what is the use for Sword Oath. It increases your damage but as a tank, chances are you will be in Shield Oath for the enmity bonus and damage reduction.

I would assume that you might use it to clear certain trash mobs, or possibly during certain boss fights where there is phase where you straight up DPS and don't have to worry about damage
IE a boss that cast an instant death spell when he hits say 10% of maximum HP or something like that.

I can also assume you might use it when you solo, but from my understanding Solo = Class, Party = Jobs, (although I'm sure some people will Solo with their Jobs.)
#2WRRYYYYersPosted 8/12/2013 7:45:08 AM
Well you pretty much nailed it, but also you get Sword Oath a lot earlier than Shield Oath.
#3helix090Posted 8/12/2013 7:50:50 AM
i would imagine Sword Oath being very useful when soloing as PLD
#4zodiacsoul(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 7:51:49 AM
WRRYYYYers posted...
Well you pretty much nailed it, but also you get Sword Oath a lot earlier than Shield Oath.

Well they could have just gave us Shield Oath at lvl 30 just like how Warrior get Defiance and gave us another tanking ability for level 40, like an instant heal.
#5XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 8/12/2013 7:52:53 AM
Yeah, Sword Oath is your first ability as a Paladin and you can use it for ten levels before you consider switching it for Shield Oath.

But at level 50 I would pretty much use it for solo or whatever.
---
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#6helix090Posted 8/12/2013 7:54:08 AM
zodiacsoul posted...
WRRYYYYers posted...

Well they could have just gave us Shield Oath at lvl 30 just like how Warrior get Defiance and gave us another tanking ability for level 40, like an instant heal.

I agree, it would make their Convalesce skill more relevant than just bringing over cure from conjurer