Cross class skills?

#1KupoTimePosted 8/18/2013 1:23:09 PM
So, assuming Summoner is 30 Arcanist and 15 Tharmararararararaturge and they gain access to five cross class skills, would it actually be in my best interest to level the Thaumaturge even higher than 15 to have a greater access to their abilities for Summoner?
---
Nintendo ID:KupoTime
Currently Playing:Animal Crossing:New Leaf,Legend of Zelda:Oracle of Ages, Final Fantasy 7, Dust: An Elysian Tail
#2RockmanEBPosted 8/18/2013 1:24:09 PM
Yes.
---
The Mods are watching me ^_^ with love.
Intel i7 3930k (o.c.) / EVGA Nvidia GTX 780 SC OCX SLI
#3KupoTime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 1:27:26 PM
Are there any particular abilities you would personally recommend for me to achieve before moving on to Summoner?
---
Currently Playing:Animal Crossing:New Leaf,Legend of Zelda:Oracle of Ages, Final Fantasy 7, Dust: An Elysian Tail
#4candy_is_yumPosted 8/18/2013 1:28:33 PM
Sort of, there's only like 3 or 4 skills from THM and IIRC none are all that great.
#5KupoTime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 1:33:43 PM
candy_is_yum posted...
Sort of, there's only like 3 or 4 skills from THM and IIRC none are all that great.

Yeah? I just want to be as prepared as possible.
---
Currently Playing:Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, L.A. Noire, Final Fantasy 5
#6candy_is_yumPosted 8/18/2013 1:53:56 PM
Ya:
Thunder(6): dot skill (might be able to fit in rotation but likely not)
Surecast(12): 1 spell cast within the next 10 sec wont be interrupted (shouldn't be getting hit)
Swiftcast(22): Next spell will cast instantly (only one useful imo for summoning midfight)
#7KupoTime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 2:21:24 PM
candy_is_yum posted...
Ya:
Surecast(12): 1 spell cast within the next 10 sec wont be interrupted (shouldn't be getting hit)
Swiftcast(22): Next spell will cast instantly (only one useful imo for summoning midfight)

These are the only ones that are obtainable? Hm.
---
Currently Playing:Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, L.A. Noire, Final Fantasy 5
#8candy_is_yumPosted 8/18/2013 2:35:04 PM
KupoTime posted...
candy_is_yum posted...
Ya:

These are the only ones that are obtainable? Hm.

Correct. The other skills that SMN can use are from CNJ:

Cure (2): pointless, exact same as Physick
Aero (4): dot skill (same deal as thunder)
Protect (8): good for solo but otherwise let the cnj/whm cast it as theirs raises mdef as well as def
Raise (12): not sure if it shares a recast with ACN's. If it doesn't it would make it the go-to raise class
Stoneskin (34): again let the whm cast it but good for solo. can also cast it on summons (At least carb)
#9SlimeStackPosted 8/18/2013 2:43:16 PM
Has anyone done any number crunching on how effective DoTs are? Extra DoTs might be too time-consuming for some classes, but the Arcanist shares its direct DPS with his pets so it has more of an opening than other DPS classes.

SMN is struggling to fill up those 5 extra slots either way. Not really a fan of this system!
---
Blah.
#10FallenKnightXPosted 8/18/2013 3:21:59 PM
After turning into a SMN, is it still possible to gain those other cross class skills? Or does one have to level the other classes before turning into a SMN? Sorry, I'm pretty new to this.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Its27Davids
http://i.minus.com/i966kghLuZQYk.gif