Keep low level gear or no?

#1poweryogaPosted 8/20/2013 6:02:15 PM
So my bag is filled with various lvl 1, lvl 8, lvl etc etc gear from leveling various crafts and other classes. Most of them are not spirit bound fully, but are about halfway through, so it's possible to materia them. But I'm not sure if its worth the effort.

Is there any point in keeping anything like low level needles/saws/hammers/etc for the crafting classes or is it better to just vendor them for some space?
#2IndignationPosted 8/20/2013 6:03:45 PM
I like to sneak up on sleeping lambs at night and lay my old gear on their backs then creep away before they see me.
#3ToyKirbyPosted 8/20/2013 6:05:02 PM(edited)
I would just vendor specific crafting gear like that. On the other hand, low level gathering gear can be quite nice to hold on to. A lesson I learned the hard way.
---
There is only ONE game that deserves a 10/10. Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball.
#4Bane766Posted 8/20/2013 6:07:44 PM
I would keep the very first starting gear you start with as when you switch classes you will otherwise be naked until you get your first clothing items or level more.

The other stuff, it's situational. I keep the stuff that would apply to other classes, as you will eventually be leveling those...but you perhaps can buy that stuff so you may not need to actually keep it. I'm a bit of a hoarder in games, tho.

Also stuff that helps your gathering and crafting leveling you should prob keep, obviously.
---
Douleur Peur Mort
#5kroonermanblackPosted 8/20/2013 6:31:04 PM
You're going to want near gear for a new class.

Most of the time a new class will be in a new city that you can do the quests for. Or you can just grab the level 5 items from the vendor anyway.

Might keep dungeon gear, or otherwise special stuff that you worked for. Especially since you can just stuff it in the armory (right?).

But generally, I don't see a real reason to keep the low level stuff. It's cheap and you can find it everywhere, and quests throw it at you like candy. You'll end up with tons of if. And if you craft you can whip out a set in a few seconds anyway.

Obviously this changes if you have high quality or materia filled gear, etc.
#6poweryoga(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 7:16:18 PM
yeah that's what I do. I'm more or less leveling all the crafts and it's easy to crank out low level gear, it's just that I'm not sure if there's a need to keep any of it.

I'll vendor the crap that I don't need. I keep a lot of cross-class gear, though I should just keep them as HQ sets to make it easier to identify. Very easy to HQ lvl 1-10 gear after all...
#7DocOdinePosted 8/20/2013 7:27:11 PM
I'm focusing on the magic classes first. As such, I'm selling of the weapons I outgrow, since they are class dependent, but am keeping the other gear to get recycled. There is plenty of room in the armoury to hang on to some bits.
---
Incoming arkfall, boys! Grab your gear, it's time to make some scrip!
#8Spdayh_hhPosted 8/20/2013 7:43:11 PM
I plan to keep the good quality low level gear, such as HQ stuff I made/make and stash them in one of my retainers. They can hold a lot of space so I tend to use one for selling and storing craft materials and one for storing gear
#9poweryoga(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 9:01:14 PM
I tried to use the armory but I couldn't put anything in it. Is it only for completely repaired soulbound items, or is it for something else?
#10TersinPosted 8/21/2013 9:11:29 PM
Just craft all your gear for when you change classes and convert all the old gear into Materia for use.