Thinking about picking this up....

#1LunarisStarPosted 8/20/2013 7:43:57 PM
Hello Fellow FF players!
I am curious about picking this up but I don't know much about it. The only MMOs I've played are Aion/WoW so if its anything like these then I think I will enjoy this. What can you all tell me about this MMO? There is an subscription right? Is the battle system like WoW/Aion?

Thank you so much and hope to see you in-game soon!
---
"Invited by a new age, I am the magnificent Sailor Uranus"-Intro from Sailor Uranus from Sailor Moon
#2ReOn_KawaiiPosted 8/20/2013 9:34:11 PM
Hey, I just bought the pre order, never played in beta, but I can at least answer that this game is liek WoW with much much prettier graphic and living in FF worlds. Also the music gave me some nostalgia when I ran a benchmark last night..
---
PSN: toradesu15, Xbox Live: chocoreto agent
intel i5 3570k/gigabyte z77xd3h/Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8/Gigabyte HD 7950 3Gb/Corsair Force Series CSSD-F120GB
#3BibikiBayBoyPosted 8/20/2013 9:37:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV/
#4LunarisStar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 7:25:59 AM
It looks like its alot of fun but I'm not sure if I want to pay $30 for a game I might not like. Is there a trial version or something I could get that is cheaper to experience the game instead of buying the full one?
---
"Invited by a new age, I am the magnificent Sailor Uranus"-Intro from Sailor Uranus from Sailor Moon
#5colstripcapnPosted 8/21/2013 7:28:56 AM
LunarisStar posted...
It looks like its alot of fun but I'm not sure if I want to pay $30 for a game I might not like. Is there a trial version or something I could get that is cheaper to experience the game instead of buying the full one?

You just missed it, Open Beta was last weekend.

There is no trial system, at least at this time. You do get 30 days with the purchase of the game, so it wouldn't be any different than buying any other game and deciding you don't like it. Except it's $30 rather than $50-60.
---
Helpful Social Final Fantasy XIV Free Company - Ultros Server
sss.darkjedi.org
#6MusicazzzPosted 8/21/2013 7:29:38 AM
You missed the beta last weekend. They provide free 30 days subscription for their premier release.
I also play WoW for years, and will be playing this from now.

It is like WoW, But much more beautiful, and shinier skills. Niche story line and quest, and unique class and jobs system imo.
---
~I will butter your bread dude
#7ShadygrovePosted 8/21/2013 7:36:59 AM
If you really, REALLY like the cartoony look of WoW this game is not for you.

Otherwise, Squenix is noted for having the best storylines and music in the video game industry. If you ignore the story and don't listen to the music in vid games this game might not be for you.

If you like big flashy battle effects this game might just be what you are looking for.
---
The Democrats are dumb and the Republicans are stupid. The difference between dumb and stupid is dumb isnt funny, stupid is seriously funny. - Lewis Black
#8TheTrueNubPosted 8/21/2013 7:38:54 AM
If you like WoW and Final Fantasy then you'll love this.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#9LunarisStar(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 8:28:04 AM
Well, shoot! LOL!
I am really interested in this as I'm a huge lover of FF! First game I ever played was 8, then it was 9, then it was 7, then 10, etc. ^_^ I don't think its the cartoon like aspect of Wow its just its the first MMO I've been introduced too and I've played it the longest.

The only other MMO I've played is Aion. Is FFXIV like Aion at all, without the whole flying with wings?
What is this about learning all Jobs/Classes?

Also, I read the FAQ but I'm still confused on the Subscription. I'm really sorry for all the questions I just really want to be sure before I buy. ^_^
---
#10Vampyre_GhostPosted 8/21/2013 8:34:30 AM
If you like long cut scenes and ugly costumes come on over!

In reality, the top part is true, some of the design choices they use for gear look is terrible! But most of the endgame Artifact gear looks passable at least. And we can skip most cut scenes this time around too, so there is that.

I would definitely give this a try if you are interested. 30 bucks for a month worth of the game is a heck of a deal, even if you don't become a fan. (PC is 30 assuming that is your interest since this is the PC forum and not PS3) If you are into either WoW or Final Fantasy, this is worth a try, but you said you were into both, so I would say you will probably love this.