Arcanist, Scholar, and the Cleric Stance

#1Hero Of The WindsPosted 8/23/2013 7:52:12 AM
Future Scholars seem to be in a strange position at the moment. Before the Scholar job is unlocked Arcanists are unable to queue as healers and are considered dps. When taken into account they also can't use Cleric Stance either until the Scholar job is unlocked, the game seems to be strongly encouraging the player to invest their stats in INT over MND. The only problem there is that once the player does switch roles to healing, the -20% healing that comes with Cleric Stance is obviously incredibly undesirable.

So my question is, is the future Scholar supposed to invest in MND and be ineffectual as dps up until 30, or do they put all their points into INT and simply eat the -20% healing that comes with Cleric Stance?
---
Hands of gold are always cold.
#2dabodufusPosted 8/23/2013 7:53:40 AM
Or just don't use any of the points until you decide what you want to do. No one will notice your slightly weaker stuff.
#3Underdog2222Posted 8/23/2013 7:54:53 AM
Put your point's into MND until lvl 30 if you planning on being SCH.

The point's you put in won't make that much of a difference compared to your gear, so it doesn't matter that much.

ACN also get's a boost to INT through traits as they lvl anyway.
---
PSN - Underdog2204
GLD/PLD - Odin
#4TanthalasPosted 8/23/2013 8:00:21 AM
In v1.0 of the game, when you completed the quest to unlock a job you also were rewarded with an item that let you re-allocate your stats.

If they do the same for ARR, there's nothing to worry about.
---
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
#5dabodufusPosted 8/23/2013 8:02:38 AM
got arcanist to lvl 20 in the open beta and didn't use any of my points. I really don't like arcanist so I'll probably just lvl it through fates and use dungeons with conj. Since its just fates, it really doesn't matter about maximizing dmg until I'm able to unlock scholar.
#6Underdog2222Posted 8/23/2013 8:05:23 AM
Tanthalas posted...
In v1.0 of the game, when you completed the quest to unlock a job you also were rewarded with an item that let you re-allocate your stats.

It's not in ARR.

You can re-allocate stat's somehow but we don't know how it works yet.
---
PSN - Underdog2204
GLD/PLD - Odin
#7NightSlayer1987Posted 8/23/2013 8:06:25 AM
Tanthalas posted...

I remember Yoshida was talking about doing this or having some person in like the main towns that will fix your skills and such. But I don't think its implemented unlit later updates.
#8colstripcapnPosted 8/23/2013 8:07:57 AM
I have no idea at all why a scholar would ever need, want, or use cleric stance. You're not DPS, and when soloing you'll want to use Arcanist anyways (if not summoner).

You get 5 skills as SCH, not a lot of choice anyways in what you pick.

1) Surecast
2) Swiftcast
3) Protect
4) Stoneskin
5) This is the only one you have choice of ...
---
Helpful Social Final Fantasy XIV Free Company - Ultros Server
sss.darkjedi.org
#9Vampyre_GhostPosted 8/23/2013 8:10:09 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10megaexePosted 8/23/2013 8:13:06 AM
They specifically stated that SMN and SCH stat-points are not shared in the Live Letter. It can be assumed that when you equip the SCH job crystal it simply resets your points... similar to picking another class.

I'd assume since SMN is DPS it keeps the same stat allocation as ACN.
---
I forgot this is gamefaqs... not acting like a jackass is a bannable offense.