Hunting Log Maps

#1LiutenaPosted 8/23/2013 1:45:20 PM
Awhile ago someone posted a website with map guides of every class' hunting logs. Does anyone have the link? I had difficulties finding bogies for arcanist in phase 4.
#2BradoshadoPosted 8/23/2013 1:46:30 PM
Ugh why would you do that to yourself? The fun of the Hunting Log is...you know...HUNTING.

Granted, most of the monsters are pretty easy to stumble upon but there are definitely some toughies.

Like seriously man just play the game and hunt them. It's far more rewarding.
---
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like banana.
That squirrel looks...familiar...
#3Tsukasa1891Posted 8/23/2013 1:50:12 PM(edited)
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1i5pol/all_class_visual_hunter_log_guides/

Bradoshado posted...
Ugh why would you do that to yourself? The fun of the Hunting Log is...you know...HUNTING.

Granted, most of the monsters are pretty easy to stumble upon but there are definitely some toughies.

not everyone has the spending hours mindlessly searching every inch of a map for that one small location to find one mob to be more rewarding. most just find it boring and a waist of time.
---
GameFAQs, where the glass is always half empty.
#4OnikyuubiPosted 8/23/2013 1:47:30 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1i5pol/all_class_visual_hunter_log_guides/
---
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKuRTQAvV4
#5mrg59Posted 8/23/2013 1:48:43 PM
Liutena posted...
Awhile ago someone posted a website with map guides of every class' hunting logs. Does anyone have the link? I had difficulties finding bogies for arcanist in phase 4.

The hunting logs changed from phase 3 to phase 4, so that doesn't exist anymore.

And I have no idea why people are having trouble finding bogies. They are literally impossible to miss. If you progress through the story, like you are supposed to, you have to go to an area where you are literally surrounded by them. You even have to kill like 4 of them in the mission.
---
IGN: LoL-Kitts, FFXIV-Eli'Kitts Rahl, Leviathon server.
#6EtharinPosted 8/23/2013 1:50:04 PM
Tsukasa1891 posted...

Those are outdated the hunting log doesn't require dungeon mobs anymore and you only need a max of 3 to fulfill an objective.
#7LordofthereefPosted 8/23/2013 1:50:43 PM
Bradoshado posted...

Because some people want to just grind the EXP out and could care less about finding a bunch of random mobs on my own and killing them. I know I fit into that category. If you want the sense of adventure, great. I won't judge you. No need to judge me.
---
3DS FC: 3883-5633-4176
Patiently waiting for Pokemon X & Y!
#8DamageDealerzPosted 8/23/2013 1:52:02 PM
mrg59 posted...
Liutena posted...

The hunting logs changed from phase 3 to phase 4, so that doesn't exist anymore.

And I have no idea why people are having trouble finding bogies. They are literally impossible to miss. If you progress through the story, like you are supposed to, you have to go to an area where you are literally surrounded by them. You even have to kill like 4 of them in the mission.

You do realize people could level in the Limaa region on a second job but have story missions for a totally different starting city, right? But I do agree it's not exactly rocket science to find any of the mobs.
---
5/18/09 First_Prototype, 1/8/08 Hyperteen, 10/5/10 jayyedX, 3/7/11 Julian___Maze, 4/5/12 lukestarkiller4, all lost account bets and followed through
#9ExcenmilePosted 8/23/2013 1:53:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Tsukasa1891Posted 8/23/2013 1:54:17 PM
mrg59 posted...
Liutena posted...

i take it you didn't get to far in your hunters log. take fire flies for conjurer for example. they can only be found in one small cave that only spawns like 4 or 5 of them. not every mob gets it's own quest or conveniently placed where you can't miss it.
---
GameFAQs, where the glass is always half empty.