Think the game will survive?

#1king_gimpyPosted 8/27/2013 2:07:38 PM
I want it to, I really like it. I love being my own Final Fantasy hero, but so much naysaying.
---
A New Messiah, Another Lie
A New Messiah, To Be Denied
#2arucard199Posted 8/27/2013 2:09:52 PM
Gamefaqs is always like that with every new release...
#3gotohadesPosted 8/27/2013 2:11:44 PM
The game is awesome, at least IMO, so in that regard it deserves to survive. However, if no one can consistently play it then there are going to be huge problems in the future. Whether or not this game survives is really up to Square at this point.
---
"To roll poorly once may be regarded as misfortune. To roll poorly TWICE looks like carelessness."
3DS Friend Code: Micah 4682-8451-8168
#4PsyborgasmPosted 8/27/2013 2:13:33 PM
It'll last as long as they continue to update and release new content. It's superior to WoW in everyway (in my opinion).
#5ZyloWolfBanePosted 8/27/2013 2:14:09 PM
If they don't fix the server problems and soon....probably not.
---
~Peace obtained through superior firepower!!~
#6IceMage20Posted 8/27/2013 2:14:19 PM
The people who are enjoying this game are playing it.

The people who are not enjoying this game are posting on forums about how much they hate it.

Such is GameFAQs.
---
Click here to take the idiot test. ~ Glaurungd
^uh i think your link doesnt work, u should learn HMTL ~MooMoo321
#7colstripcapnPosted 8/27/2013 2:16:48 PM
Probably, but not as large as it could of been.

People will leave in frustration, that's inevitable, and with that comes less congestion for everyone else who's staying.

They have to walk a fine line between having too many servers, or not enough.

SWTOR went to the extreme of having wayyy to many servers and it resulted in ghost towns that killed any hope for that game staying P2P.

Now FFXIV is going to the other extreme, too few servers. That probably won't destroy the game though, just make for a week or two of frustration.

I think come next week it should ease, a fair number of Early Access people are not even going to buy the game, they're just playing for free at the moment. Then after the 9th, all the V1.0 people will no longer get to play for free, that will result in lower populations also. Then finally after 30 days everyone will have to pay to play, and you'll again see another drop.

If you have too many servers, after all those population drops, you could end up with ghost towns and that drives away far more people.
---
Helpful Social Final Fantasy XIV Free Company - Ultros Server
sss.darkjedi.org
#8machetemanPosted 8/27/2013 2:17:44 PM
I have a feeling that once the newness and shiny graphics wear off, a lot of normal players will get bored due to the shallow combat and boring classes. Not to mention the lack of leveling content is a major turnoff for people that like to play multiple classes.

If you're a huge FF fanboy? Well, you will play anything with "Final Fantasy" slapped onto it, so they are of course going to continue playing.
#9tranquilizerrrPosted 8/27/2013 2:18:28 PM
Just remember GameFAQs is a small portion of the player base.
---
Talk is cheap.
#10AllGodsDiePosted 8/27/2013 2:19:32 PM
I already have a friend who quit. He was being patient, but when 1017 happened after launch and news got out that Japan was getting more servers, he just raged. Square is being biased to a disgusting level. I intend to play the game, but I hope they suffer for choosing the wrong customers to support. EU/NA have way more players to supply subscriptions, square apparently doesn't want money. They just want this game to get by on its Japanese population.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie