Acquiring Artifact Armor

#1TrebleWolfPosted 8/28/2013 6:38:06 PM
Starting to get to that point where I should be looking out for the Artifact armor (40 Monk), but I've only seen a few people with any of the gear and no one's saying much. Anyone have any specifics on how and/or when they turn up in quests? Google is not being my friend right now! Thanks.
#2Jel4788Posted 8/28/2013 6:48:23 PM
I hear they're from your class quests. Can't confirm though, only lvl 34. :|
#3TrebleWolf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 6:52:18 PM
Jel4788 posted...
I hear they're from your class quests. Can't confirm though, only lvl 34. :|

That's what I was thinking, but my next one is at 45 and the only reward is showing me my next Monk skill. :( Someone told me I'd find them in my mid-40s, but that's all I have so far.
#4BallroompiratePosted 8/28/2013 6:54:50 PM
Was hoping they would be attained like the AF sets from FF11 :3
---
You're supposed to be acting like Conan. You just take her and she will willingly submit to you. It's the Law of Conan.--StarVengerPoPo--
#5Kenshin9248Posted 8/28/2013 7:10:02 PM
I asked a guy I was partying with (he had full WHM AF) and he said it's from the quests and you can't miss it. If you're 40 now tho and don't see it that kinda worries me.
---
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2722134/
#6god462Posted 8/28/2013 7:13:18 PM
In 1.0 you just keep completing job quests. After you learn a few abilities, the last 4 quests will be the 4 pieces of AF gear for your job. If it's the same way in 2.0, the artifact gear quests should all be lvl. 50.
#7Viper20184Posted 8/28/2013 7:17:52 PM(edited)
Before ARR, you had to be on a certain class quest in order to start getting the AF. Usually, IIRC, there were 2 pieces out in the world (you had to find chests to obtain.. sometimes they were in beastmen strongholds).. and one or two pieces were in dungeons... and the final piece (usually the body) was a fight and the quest reward was the piece. I am not sure how they are doing it in ARR

Edit: Now that I think about it.. I dont remember if it was chests or just a shiny point you had to touch.

This was the general way AF was obtained in 1.0

The leg equipment for each job is found in either Dzemael Darkhold, Cutter's Cry, or Aurum Vale. Two other gear pieces are always in certain chests all around the world that can usually be reached solo, and the fourth piece is inside one of the beastman strongholds.

The body equipment is earned alongside the job's 15-minute ability at the end of the quest line after an intense battle that often takes a full party to complete.
---
This Line will not change until Dallas Stars or Cowboys win their championship
Dallas Mavericks, 2011 NBA Champs
#8TheTrueAmericanPosted 8/28/2013 7:19:29 PM
Ballroompirate posted...

Way too hardcore for this crowd.
#9Viper20184Posted 8/28/2013 7:22:39 PM
Original AF wasnt that hard to get.. the first set sure.... but then mostly became easy.. some just took some stealth skill to get to it solo.. or some help.
---
This Line will not change until Dallas Stars or Cowboys win their championship
Dallas Mavericks, 2011 NBA Champs
#10MasterSplinterWPosted 8/28/2013 7:45:49 PM
TheTrueAmerican posted...
Ballroompirate posted...

Way too hardcore for this crowd.

Personally I don't want anyone to have artifact unless they put in at least 1000 hours, and then it should still be random rolls.
---
ARR, Diabolos: Ryan Zilla, Tank