Which Grand Company for White Mages / Summoners?

#1OpticalcontactPosted 8/29/2013 1:48:14 AM
Which grand company do you reccomend for White Mages and Summoners? Or caster types in general. I am not sure which one provides the most intellect and mind gear at promotions and later levels.

Any input is appreciated thank you.
#2TheGaijinPosted 8/29/2013 1:55:35 AM
they are all the same, it's more cosmetic I think
but if you want to avoid traveling all the time, go to gridania (Twin adder) where your WHM guild is
that will save you transportation/teleport costs
---
Final Fantasy XIV ARR: Masamune - Legacy Server
#3Opticalcontact(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 1:56:57 AM
TheGaijin posted...
but if you want to avoid traveling all the time, go to gridania (Twin adder) where your WHM guild is

Fantastic tip thank you.
#4LoveFreakFlonnePosted 8/29/2013 2:32:37 AM
Opticalcontact posted...
TheGaijin posted...

Fantastic tip thank you.

Immortal Flame is your caster company
---
Loves your show, want to meet the band. Back stage pass and she'll give you a hand. Shes a good girl, but a sucker for a superstar.
#5homegillaPosted 8/29/2013 2:43:14 AM
"Take the Black!"
#6CocaCola0703Posted 8/31/2013 12:38:39 PM
immortal flames gear actually gives a lot of mind
---
3DS FC: 0791 1879 1412
#7pariah23Posted 8/31/2013 1:42:11 PM
Immortal Flames hat is a tiny upgrade over the AF hat. The chest is a downgrade for sch/sum, since spell speed is a nearly-worthless stat, but is a slight upgrade for white mage. I replaced both within hours of hitting 50, by getting drops from Amdapor anyway.

Bottom line: choose your GC based on the color of the chocobo barding, because it's highly unlikely you will ever use the armor.
#8DiedrupoPosted 8/31/2013 2:21:02 PM
Damnit I picked twin adders because I thought it was supposed to be the guild for casters. But Immortal Flames is the one instead???

Oh well. I doubt it makes that much of a difference.
#9Max58201Posted 8/31/2013 2:22:26 PM
it makes practically no difference unless that point or two actually matters to you

pick your favorite color or at least pick the one your FC is in
---
Official Occult Iaito of the Dark Souls board.
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#10Bane766Posted 8/31/2013 2:23:52 PM
Diedrupo posted...
Damnit I picked twin adders because I thought it was supposed to be the guild for casters. But Immortal Flames is the one instead???

Oh well. I doubt it makes that much of a difference.

It doesn't. That's the funniest thing. People keep thinking it does, but honestly the gear sets are available to all types of classes.

As the above posters have said choose it based on the color of tabbard or city you like. Don't choose it based on gear as they ALL have gear for each of the classes/jobs.
---
Douleur Peur Mort