Bonus attribute questions, for the caster classes.

#1KyrosPosted 8/29/2013 4:59:46 PM
So, I'm up to... *checks* 21, apparently (I so slooooow), and have yet to actually spend any of the attribute bonus points. I should probably get around to doing that. I just want to ask/clear up a few things beforehand!

1) I presume that CNJ/WHM = full Mind, all the way, while on THM/BLM ones goes all Intelligence, all the time. Is this correct? Or is it advisable to put points into... Piety? Vitality? As one goes on?

2) As far as I understand, Scholar builds more-or-less like WHM, and Summoner more-or-less like BLM. Do they have separate attribute allocations? (Since they're different jobs)--or do they share your "Arcanist" set?

Thanks in advance~
---
All I should have said, I have not said. All I should have done, I have not done.
#2LukeStrife5Posted 8/29/2013 5:03:04 PM
1. Yes but it's up to you. I put all mine into Dex for my Archer but others will say other builds are better or worse.

2. Attributes are only for that class. So don't worry about using it on stats for others.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#3Snickers085Posted 8/29/2013 5:13:27 PM
Two answer #2 they share your Arc allocation. Therefore if you want to go pure Scholar put all your points into mind.. or pure smn put them all into intelligence.
#4Kyros(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 5:29:56 PM
Well, much obliged for the answers, though...

There seems to be come conflicting information for the second one. :z
---
All I should have said, I have not said. All I should have done, I have not done.
#5Snickers085Posted 8/29/2013 5:31:45 PM
Kyros posted...
Well, much obliged for the answers, though...

There seems to be come conflicting information for the second one. :z

I can confirm it is not split.. They are based off your Arc Allocation. I am 45 Arc/Smn/Sch
#6Kyros(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 6:12:07 PM
Ah-ha!

Thank you, then.
---
#7LukeStrife5Posted 8/29/2013 6:17:58 PM
Yeah the others are right, I apologize. I was thinking you meant bewtween classes. Forgot they are related to each other.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#8DocOdinePosted 8/29/2013 6:30:47 PM
For 10,000 grand company seals you can respec. That's like a day or two of FATE grinding.
---
Final Fantasy XIV: Rhay'a Bajhiri, future Summoner - Diabolos server
#9dawnbombPosted 8/29/2013 6:52:47 PM
Kyros posted...
So, I'm up to... *checks* 21, apparently (I so slooooow), and have yet to actually spend any of the attribute bonus points. I should probably get around to doing that. I just want to ask/clear up a few things beforehand!

1) I presume that CNJ/WHM = full Mind, all the way, while on THM/BLM ones goes all Intelligence, all the time. Is this correct? Or is it advisable to put points into... Piety? Vitality? As one goes on?

2) As far as I understand, Scholar builds more-or-less like WHM, and Summoner more-or-less like BLM. Do they have separate attribute allocations? (Since they're different jobs)--or do they share your "Arcanist" set?

Thanks in advance~

REAL ANSWER

to be clear this is for WHM only, and im not posting the full thing cause this is like the 8th time ive posted this

MND WOULD be useful, it ups healing ...right? to bad the white mages 'heal to max hp' makes it useless, and swapping it for int? also useless, anything 35+ your gonna just spam support stuff no more pretending to be DPS

then..Piety..right? no. First, in any real fight, after you get past the maybe 40-80 extra MP piety gives you, its useless cause MP regen is level based not max MP based.

real answer? its a split up between VIT and....STR

VIT ups max HP, so you would die less, and altho you might not believe me, it DOES NOT increase defence, but you can just change equips to test that, what ups defence? STR. so for a white mage, you would be at a tossup between VIT or STR. lol right? and ironically, the better of the two options..is STR lolol, VIT max boost max HP, and this also defend from magic, but mages already have uber magic defence, they bane is being hit by physical attacks, and because the output of defence to max HP is greater on the defence side, STR should be pumped into white mages....lolol

final notes, technically altho there is nothing 'content' wise for what im gonna say, on str/vit, they may in the future be bosses with X damage attacks that completly ignore all forms of defence and buffs. in that case VIT would be the better option, however i still believe STR would be better, I don't think that every single boss would start having X damage attacks that deal far more then your default+equips max HP, otherwise it would render the entire defence and magic defence stats useless for a major chunk of the game if they started doing that. and i believe it would only be situational. this is ofcourse just my opinion, but it should be obvious MND INT and PIETY for WHM is pretty useless

final note, really this time, before anyone says so, the MP heal X% ethers all say 'up to X number' meaning its really healing a number, not a %, the only reason % is there is so if you have tons of cash and are very far, you can use super high tier pots on new unleveled classes to get more out of it, in actual combat, using whatever current either is locally purchasable, you will defiantly hit the X before the % (due to mages always having high mana pools, its the opposite for every other class for the most part however, so its just saying it heals % for physical and X for magical classes really)
#10PorkinzPosted 8/29/2013 6:56:49 PM(edited)
Don't forget that conj have cleric stance which swaps int and mnd
So conj could go full mnd and still have strong offensive spells