Any difference between PC and PS3 version?

#1DoubleJ9Posted 8/31/2013 10:55:12 PM
Brother is having internet problems with his computer but doesn't lag while playing PS3 games so he's considering picking FFXIV up for PS3 instead. Is there a big difference between the two?
---
Open eyes are useless if the mind behind them is closed.
3DS FC: 3222-5762-5282
#2blankempathyPosted 8/31/2013 10:58:29 PM
As far as i know nope. Same game just different platforms. You play on the same servers as pc players too.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#3kamikaze135Posted 8/31/2013 10:59:40 PM
It plays smoother and looks better on PC. Besides that, there are no differences.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#4TakushoPosted 8/31/2013 10:59:51 PM
From what I've read, not really. I believe the game itself and the interface are the same if you play PC with a controller, just the framerate and graphics are better if your PC can handle it.

So, more aesthetics than actual content.
#5SteadyingMeatPosted 8/31/2013 11:17:05 PM
Aside from the obvious stuff other people have already said, not really. That said, it's a reeeeeal shame how choppy monsters and other players look on the PS3 version.
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#6DoubleJ9(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 11:31:48 PM
Are the graphics that much worse on PS3?

He has it on PC right now and can (normally) run it on max settings and really enjoys how good it looks. Would it be that much of a downgrade to go PS3?

Thank you for the responses by the way!
---
#7KarmicDragon1Posted 8/31/2013 11:35:00 PM
DoubleJ9 posted...

He has it on PC right now and can (normally) run it on max settings and really enjoys how good it looks. Would it be that much of a downgrade to go PS3?

PS3 is running on 10-year old hardware.
---
My favourite D3 board posters: BonnabinTheDire, PenguinKoala ,TheJCBand, ChronoAce, GuyIncognito_, jake-sf, DAntiprodukt
#8mursamaPosted 8/31/2013 11:35:57 PM
ps3 lags horribly and frames arent smooth, might be server side problem as well but you can play the game
---
Internet, the home of the sportsmen, martial artists, muscians, entrepeneurs and economists we never see
#9SteadyingMeatPosted 8/31/2013 11:42:52 PM
Graphics wise it's not THAT much of a difference, but the frame rate on the PS3 version is just barely acceptable, and if it was a single player game, it wouldn't be. I'd say just wait and see if the problems go away, it's not like you can really play the game that much right now anyway because of Square's problems.
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#10DoubleJ9(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 11:52:14 PM
KarmicDragon1 posted...
DoubleJ9 posted...

PS3 is running on 10-year old hardware.

Fair point lol

SteadyingMeat posted...
Graphics wise it's not THAT much of a difference, but the frame rate on the PS3 version is just barely acceptable, and if it was a single player game, it wouldn't be. I'd say just wait and see if the problems go away, it's not like you can really play the game that much right now anyway because of Square's problems.

Probably will hold off for now, just depends on his lag issues. He Said at some points in the dungeon the rest of us in the party weren't ren moving for a few seconds at a time. I told him how to check his Internet speed and he was only getting 1 Mbps and he should be getting at least 12.

I still don't understand how we can have two Xbox 360s running side by side on the wifi and not lag but he tries to play a MMO and it goes to hell.
---