If a MMO lacks pvp its not worth the sub fee

#1CaliberChampPosted 9/7/2013 6:13:54 AM
Its a general rule that all MMOs launch with some kind of PvP mode. Especially for a sub fee. But not this reborn game. People will get bored doing the same dungeon runs all the time. Its also more satisfying to beat a real intelligent human player than a dumb AI that you can easily exploit and that doesn't adapt to situations. Not adding PvP is a huge flaw. An MMO can't be considered a quality MMO when it lacks such a core feature like PvP. The whole purpose of an MMO is to bring people together in groups and complete goals in addition to competing with each other. You also can't ever consider this game to be for hardcore players with the lack of competition. When reviewers reviews this game I hope they keep this in mind, let's be real. An MMO without PvP is not a complete game. You are basically paying to play a beta version of a game and PvE content can only keep you entertained only for so long. So why call this a good game when it lacks such a basic must have feature?
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman Arkham city
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z, EVE Online.
#2MlREFOXPosted 9/7/2013 6:15:42 AM(edited)
This topic is deeply rooted in ignorance and immaturity.
#3RostikMusicPosted 9/7/2013 6:16:44 AM
lol?
#4Moomba33Posted 9/7/2013 6:18:49 AM(edited)
I don't play PvP stuff, myself.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#5CaliberChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 6:19:21 AM
I'm being serious. How can you call this a quality MMO when it lacks PvP? How is that ignorant and immature?
---
#6DarkTrinity006Posted 9/7/2013 6:19:43 AM
If I really cared about PvP that much I would still bring more suffering to myself by keep playing GW2.
---
Playing: FF XIV: A Realm Reborn, Europa Universalis IV
#7MlREFOXPosted 9/7/2013 6:22:05 AM
CaliberChamp posted...
I'm being serious. How can you call this a quality MMO when it lacks PvP? How is that ignorant and immature?

Because not everything is about competition. This generation of WoW and CoD makes people think that there has to be competition in everything. MMOs, and multiplayer RPGs in general, didn't have much PvP in the past, and they were perfectly fine without them. Heck, even FFXI didn't have PvP for a few years.
#8TewlsyPosted 9/7/2013 6:23:06 AM
I've never once done PvP in an MMO and felt like it wasn't the clunkiest, most unfun/imbalanced thing I've ever attempted to enjoy. I honestly do not see the appeal at all.
---
3DS FC - 1005-8503-9553
PSN - Tewlsy
#9CaliberChamp(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 6:25:01 AM
DarkTrinity, that's straying from the topic now. PvP will bring in more players and there would be more staying power if that mode existed.
---
#10BurgerTime79Posted 9/7/2013 6:28:40 AM
They can have whatever features they want. A lack of a completely optional feature isn't reason to make things up and trash on the game.
What's next? You'll claim that the people who don't like or refuse to play PvP aren't playing the entire game, aren't team players, and should just quit?
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking