Earning Gil

#1SoniwizardPosted 9/7/2013 11:23:12 AM
because I have none.

Any good methods so far? I'm spent on regular quests.
#2WynnSilvergazePosted 9/7/2013 11:57:20 AM
The major problem right now is no NEW money is coming in to the game. It's all player to player using the 250k you get from side quests. Any money made from FATEs/Leves/Dungeons goes right to the repair NPC. Until they put in dailies that give out more than 200 gil, money will be hard to come by.

With that said, the only real way to make big money is from high end crafting professions or gathering professions and hope people buy your stuff. But even then, the market takes a cut with taxes and the pool of money in the game gets lower and lower with each purchase.

Too many money sinks and not enough money fountains.
---
You know how it is...Cows go "moo", Dogs go "woof" and MMO Players go "the pvp is unbalanced"
#3fuzzymanPosted 9/7/2013 1:08:36 PM
Gil isn't important. End game you have rare/ex gear.

Some leves will cover the expense of repairs.
---
http://i.imgur.com/hOjV6w3.jpg
#4Legendary_MusasPosted 9/7/2013 1:11:17 PM
fuzzyman posted...

Gil is pretty important actually, I was stuck for a while trying to get to Limsa from Ul'Dah (to grab Arcanist). I had no money and FATES were giving me **** gil.

I ended up just doing Leves for 30 mins.
---
A__A
(o'_.'o)
#5postcallPosted 9/7/2013 1:20:51 PM
fuzzyman posted...

gil isnt important? have you tried repair bills at 50? have you tried teleporting? or do you dungeon with broken gear and ride chocobo everywhere?
#6ThatLaoGuyPosted 9/7/2013 1:21:04 PM
I heard that on RP servers, girls or g.i.r.l.s roleplay hookers for cash. Don't think you need an RP server to do this.

But yeah, its been happening a lot and seems it's good money. Guys probably have less luck being successful with this, but girls should try it.
---
Gamertag: That Lao Guy
#7Thel3eefPosted 9/7/2013 1:28:27 PM
Do some research and find out what kind of materials are hard to gather that crafters need. For example diremite web is needed for mid level weaving and they can't buy it from the weavers guild so their only other options is to buy it from the market board or go out and farm it themselves. If you don't have a retainer, you could always stand at the entrance of the weavers guild and try to sell it off for a reasonable price.
---
======================================================
PSN:Stormy221
#8The_tall_midgetPosted 9/7/2013 1:41:36 PM
Thel3eef posted...
Do some research and find out what kind of materials are hard to gather that crafters need. For example diremite web is needed for mid level weaving and they can't buy it from the weavers guild so their only other options is to buy it from the market board or go out and farm it themselves. If you don't have a retainer, you could always stand at the entrance of the weavers guild and try to sell it off for a reasonable price.

This.

Find things that are selling well and go for it. Pray on traders laziness (and trust me, the more girl they have, the lazier they usually become).

Crystal shards and materials that are needed for them to skill up, but are not readily available to them.

Allot some time every day just for gathering such items and sell them.
---
If your life revolves around having being a "vet" or a beta tester for an old game, may I suggest re-evaluating it?
#9WynnSilvergazePosted 9/7/2013 1:57:43 PM
The_tall_midget posted...
Thel3eef posted...

This.

Find things that are selling well and go for it. Pray on traders laziness (and trust me, the more girl they have, the lazier they usually become).

Crystal shards and materials that are needed for them to skill up, but are not readily available to them.

Allot some time every day just for gathering such items and sell them.

With no new money going in to the economy the servers gil will eventually dry up. Each player only makes 250,000 gil from story/side quests. After that you're stuck earning 90 gil from level 50 FATEs or 1000 from leves, if you're lucky to get a high pay one. That barely covers repairs at level 50, not to mention the Market takes a 5% tax on all sales. Which sucks even more money out of the economy.

There's way too many money sinks and not enough money fountains. you'll eventually end up with a few people rolling in cash but unable to make any more sales while everyone else is hoarding their last 20,000 gil for end game repairs.

If they don't fix this economy issue, you'll have end game content no one can do because they can't afford it.
---
You know how it is...Cows go "moo", Dogs go "woof" and MMO Players go "the pvp is unbalanced"
#10fuzzymanPosted 9/7/2013 1:59:17 PM
a stock of leves at 50 is 12-15 grand

and that's not enough?
---
http://i.imgur.com/hOjV6w3.jpg