TANKS are the LEADERS of the group.

#1Benjamin_ButtonPosted 9/8/2013 7:13:34 PM
TANK responsibilities:
-Juggling mobs to maintain aggro across the board
-Make sure no one else is getting attacked
-Managing Cooldowns (effectively use defensive cooldowns to benefit self/party)
-Keep myself alive via items (esp when with worthless healer who likes to do more dmg than heal)
-Avoid AoE
-Effective use of cooldowns to manage TP & MP while maintaining aggro
-Kite effectively in certain dungeons
-Controls pace of dungeon run (dont move and see if the rest of your party will move forward...they wont, if they do theyre idiots)
-Immediate aggro of adds
-Effectively mark enemies -- at minimum at least what tank is currently attacking
-Effective use of combos/skills to maintain health (again very necessary when faced with terribad healer)

HEALER responsibilities:
-Heal tank (and other members as necessary..AoE heal in instances such as Titan)
-HEALING is your primary. Stop wasting MP on stupid skills and when s*** hits the fan, "sorry no MP" isnt going to cut it.
-That is literally your main responsibility

DPS (Damage Dealer) responsibilities:
-Attack whatever the tank is attacking
-If ranged, gets to stand back from a distance doing dmg automatically avoiding AoE and many attacks..
-Literally the EASY mode of the game.. Complaints from DPS (DD) group should be minimal as they literally have the LEAST responsibilities in party.
-Just because you have a great tank its not OK to Leroy Jenkins the dungeon. (running around in little circles like a little girl after aggro'ing mob makes tanks job harder)

Tanks get insta-queues in DF because in higher levels there are minimal tanks..Why? Because everyone knows Tanks have the most responsibilities and people are scared to play as them.

So get with the program guys; respect your leaders.

tl;dr: tanks = leaders. healers = just heal. DPS (dd) = EASY mode (esp if ranged)
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
New Alienware 18 - i7-4930MX 4.3GHz | Nvidia 780m SLI 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 120GB OCZ + 750GB HDD
#2ThatLaoGuyPosted 9/8/2013 7:15:51 PM
uhm no. first of all, why does there need to be a "leader" just do your damn job, scrub.
All this talk of leader crap is dumb. I main PLD and have never communicated with my party in duty finder groups.

Just do your job, son.
---
Gamertag: That Lao Guy
#3TrebleWolfPosted 9/8/2013 7:16:27 PM
Zzz. Didn't think I'd ever say this, but tl;dr, typical nerd rage to feel elitist in some part of your tiny life. You think you're a big man talking down to DPS/other people? You think that's how you build community? You just look foolish. Another blowhard whose posts I know to avoid, awesome.
#4ThePCElitistPosted 9/8/2013 7:18:18 PM(edited)
I had a tank earlier rage because the DPS couldn't keep aggro off the healer because Adds were attacking him instead of the Tank who was focusing on the main monster instead. We kept telling him to help take off the aggro because the WHM was spending more time healing themselves than the Tank and he raged and called us all names and rage quit.

Epic lulz were had afterwards. If we're fighting a Boss or Mini-Boss then our focus shifts towards the adds and so should the Tank in order to keep the mages from all being wiped out. It's not our fault the Tank refused to help. He said "Taking care of adds are the responsibility of DD not mine!" lolol
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#5vital_tundraPosted 9/8/2013 7:18:56 PM
The leader is the one who holds the most knowledge about what to do next. Which is a lot of the time not the Tank. Couple of instances I have done today the DPS was calling the shots.
---
3DS friend code: 1848-2159-5405 (Richie)
#6masumane2Posted 9/8/2013 7:19:45 PM
TrebleWolf posted...
Zzz. Didn't think I'd ever say this, but tl;dr, typical nerd rage to feel elitist in some part of your tiny life. You think you're a big man talking down to DPS/other people? You think that's how you build community? You just look foolish. Another blowhard whose posts I know to avoid, awesome.

So true. Theres plenty of people like this that play MMORPGs. I think it's because they have emotional problems and anti-social disorders.
---
Christians don't believe in gravity
#7flamesonfiresPosted 9/8/2013 7:21:51 PM
Tanks are the ones who cause most of the problems in dungeon. I'm a White mage and when tanks stand in the fire and whine why did i die i guess it's my fault too. Tanks are not leaders they can lead but a leader puts the pty before themselves. What I got from your message is you raged and your pty didn't listen because of your rage. We all fail wake up and smell the coffee, just get your ass up after and help your team. Don't lead till you look up the word leadership.
#8SmowyPosted 9/8/2013 7:25:40 PM
I like these topics they make me feel like a half decent dps - only time I pull aggro is when so much is going on and mobs are stacked on top of each other I miss when the tank changes target.

Winnar of easy mode right here.
---
I think Necron is a pretty cool guy, he show up out of nowhere and doesn't afraid of anything.
#9kyroLegendPosted 9/8/2013 7:27:03 PM
How do you mark enimies in ps3 version?
#10TheDarkNerdPosted 9/8/2013 7:27:15 PM
uhm no. first of all, why does there need to be a "leader" just do your damn job, scrub.
All this talk of leader crap is dumb. I main PLD and have never communicated with my party in duty finder groups.

Just do your job, son.

I suppose then that it's more to say the Tank sets the pace of the dungeon. Doing your job as a DPS is largely following up on who the Tank is attacking, and doing your job as Healer is reacting to the ailments of the rest of your group. So effectively, the Tank is the vanguard, or the member that leads everyone else into battle.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WKp3kfx.gif